PDA

View Full Version : Vast majority of Afghans turned away by U.S. entry program

Gunny
04-28-2022, 08:43 AM
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3469585-vast-majority-of-afghans-turned-away-by-parole-program-waiving-immigration-laws/

Left high and dry to the Taliban by the Biden Admin? Not good enough

Central American criminal? Welcome aboard :rolleyes:

revelarts
04-28-2022, 09:48 AM
Wonder Ukrainians are being treated.
By the U.S. and all the other NATO powers that invaded Afghanistan... For freedom.

Gunny
04-28-2022, 09:56 AM
Wonder Ukrainians are being treated.
By the U.S. and all the other NATO powers that invaded Afghanistan... For freedom.Incorrect. Afghanistan was invaded to punish the Taliban for harboring bin Laden after 9/11 and refusing to turn him over. Should have been left at that. The error was politicians having learned nothing from history veering from the military mission.

No way comparable to aiding an established, sovereign nation fight off an unprovoked invasion.

revelarts
04-28-2022, 10:14 AM
....Afghanistan was invaded...

Correct, Afghanistan was invaded. (by U.S. & NATO, there for 20+ years)
Corrrect, Ukraine was invaded. (By Russia, there for -20 weeks)

Afghanistan has refugees
Ukraine has refugees

How are the U.S. and NATO powers treating them respectively?
Just a question.

Gunny
04-28-2022, 10:32 AM
Correct, Afghanistan was invaded. (by U.S. & NATO, there for 20+ years)
Corrrect, Ukraine was invaded. (By Russia, there for -20 weeks)

Afghanistan has refugees
Ukraine has refugees

How are the U.S. and NATO powers treating them respectively?
Just a question.Without looking for exact figures, over 7 million Ukrainians have been displaced. The majority of refugees have fled to Poland and Germany with lesser numbers to the Baltic states, France, Turkey, Slovakia, the part of Georgia not illegally occupied by Russian military and some have been brought here.

Given the situation, I'd say they are being accommodated as best as can be at the moment. I have no idea how the red tape for asylum for those that wish to permanently relocated is being handled.

The Afghan refugees that actually got out have been accepted all over the ME, in NATO and non-NATO countries. Biden dropping the ball on handling the withdrawal has plenty of threads and I have been quite outspoken about it. Minus the fact that he'd be replaced by Harris, he should have been impeached then and there, IMO.

Lest we forget, Donald Trump left millions of Kurds who have supported the US military in the ME since 1991-2 at least to the devices of a megalomaniac from a country (Turkey) that already has a documented genocide under its belt. I don't recall there being any evacuation for them.