PDA

View Full Version : New York Bar Under Fire Over Joke on Flyer for Cinco de Mayo Event

jimnyc
04-30-2022, 01:44 PM
How dare anyone mention illegal immigrants invading our country!

Or pointing out the facts. Or daring to be funny about those facts.

Reminds me of a joke my Dad sent me the other day - about the Mexican Navy:

A U.S. Navy destroyer stops four Mexicans in a small boat rowing towards Texas. The Captain gets on the megaphone and shouts, "Ahoy, small craft. Where are you headed?" One of the Mexicans puts down his oar, stands up, and shouts, "Gringo, we are invading the United States of America to reclaim the territory taken by the USA during the War of 1812."

The entire crew on the destroyer doubles over in laughter. The Captain finally catches his breath, gets back on the megaphone and asks, "Just the four of you?"

The same Mexican stands up again and shouts, "No Señor, we are the last four. Thanks to your President Biden...the other 21 million are already there."

There, now I can be boycotted too! :) :)

---

New York Bar Under Fire Over Joke on Flyer for Cinco de Mayo Event

https://i.imgur.com/bYFntMn.png

New York’s Off Key Tikki Bar is under fire from the left for making an allegedly “racist” joke on their Cinco de Mayo ad.
The ad invited people to “join us for a little taste of Mexico (might as well before the whole country immigrates here!)”

Michael Bruemmer, the owner of the bar, maintains that he was just playing around and did not mean any harm.

“It was a tongue in cheek attempt at humor,” Bruemmer told News 12. “Probably wasn’t the smartest thing I have ever said, but it was not certainly meant with any malice.”

Leftists are now calling for people to boycott the small business over the nine-word joke, even though it has been removed from the website.

Activists are also spamming their social media and Yelp with negative reviews.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/new-york-bar-fire-joke-flyer-cinco-de-mayo-event/

Gunny
04-30-2022, 08:17 PM
How dare anyone mention illegal immigrants invading our country!

Or pointing out the facts. Or daring to be funny about those facts.

Reminds me of a joke my Dad sent me the other day - about the Mexican Navy:

A U.S. Navy destroyer stops four Mexicans in a small boat rowing towards Texas. The Captain gets on the megaphone and shouts, "Ahoy, small craft. Where are you headed?" One of the Mexicans puts down his oar, stands up, and shouts, "Gringo, we are invading the United States of America to reclaim the territory taken by the USA during the War of 1812."

The entire crew on the destroyer doubles over in laughter. The Captain finally catches his breath, gets back on the megaphone and asks, "Just the four of you?"

The same Mexican stands up again and shouts, "No Señor, we are the last four. Thanks to your President Biden...the other 21 million are already there."

There, now I can be boycotted too! :) :)

---

New York Bar Under Fire Over Joke on Flyer for Cinco de Mayo Event

https://i.imgur.com/bYFntMn.png

New York’s Off Key Tikki Bar is under fire from the left for making an allegedly “racist” joke on their Cinco de Mayo ad.
The ad invited people to “join us for a little taste of Mexico (might as well before the whole country immigrates here!)”

Michael Bruemmer, the owner of the bar, maintains that he was just playing around and did not mean any harm.

“It was a tongue in cheek attempt at humor,” Bruemmer told News 12. “Probably wasn’t the smartest thing I have ever said, but it was not certainly meant with any malice.”

Leftists are now calling for people to boycott the small business over the nine-word joke, even though it has been removed from the website.

Activists are also spamming their social media and Yelp with negative reviews.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/new-york-bar-fire-joke-flyer-cinco-de-mayo-event/Not even going to try. I live here. I KNOW some Mexican jokes :laugh:

Although not as funny as Jimbob's joke, I don't see the harm in the bar's shot at some humor. Except to those looking for an excuse. So went the Frito Bandito and Taco Hell chihuahua :rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Not even going to try. I live here. I KNOW some Mexican jokes :laugh:

Although not as funny as Jimbob's joke, I don't see the harm in the bar's shot at some humor. Except to those looking for an excuse. So went the Frito Bandito and Taco Hell chihuahua :rolleyes:

So there's a black guy, a white guy, and a Mexican. They find a genie's lamp, they rub it, and poof appears the genie! The genie goes to the black guy and asks, "What's your one wish?" The black guy goes, "I wish for me and all my people to be back in Africa, happy and everything." So poof! His wish is granted. Then, the genie goes to the Mexican and asks, "What's your one wish?" The Mexican goes, "I wish for me and all my people to be in Mexico, happy and everything." So poof! His wish is granted. Now, the genie goes over to the white guy and asks, "What's your one wish?" and the white guy asks, "You mean to tell me that all the black and Mexican people are out of America?" The genie replies, "Yes." So the white guy goes, "Then I'll have a Coke."

Q: How come Mexico never has a good Olympic team?

A: Because all of the Mexicans that can run, jump, or swim are in the U.S.A.

Q: Why don't Mexicans and blacks have children together?

A: They're afraid the kids will grow up too lazy to steal.

Just jokes! Tons of white jokes out there too and I find them just as hilarious! Why? Because they are jokes! :)

Gunny
05-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Just jokes! Tons of white jokes out there too and I find them just as hilarious! Why? Because they are jokes! :)That's how I look at it.

I'm going to have to find a different country. The way this one's going I'm going to end up in prison because I'm NOT shutting up for some contrived bullshit nor feigned hurt feelings.

They can kiss my WHITE ass :rolleyes:

SassyLady
05-01-2022, 06:55 PM
That's how I look at it.

I'm going to have to find a different country. The way this one's going I'm going to end up in prison because I'm NOT shutting up for some contrived bullshit nor feigned hurt feelings.

They can kiss my WHITE ass :rolleyes:
Good luck with finding a place like that. Let me know when you do. If I wasn't already too old to start over it might be worth looking into.

icansayit
05-02-2022, 03:22 PM
GUESS THIS MAKES ME A RACIST TOO???
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/55/8b/bc558b7eed2aaf4d802a0ca351145a45.jpg

Gunny
05-02-2022, 05:37 PM
GUESS THIS MAKES ME A RACIST TOO???
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/55/8b/bc558b7eed2aaf4d802a0ca351145a45.jpg

Has nothing to do with the US. Mexico's victory on the 5th of May, 1862 over France at the Battle of Puebla. That's a Jr Hi School test question hereabouts :)

Not sure why they make such a big deal about it except the Mexicans actually beat somebody once :laugh: The French came back later and kicked their asses in a return engagement :)