PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to cave?’ GOP primaries pit ‘fighters’ against ‘governing wing’

Gunny
05-05-2022, 10:20 AM
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/04/gop-primaries-00030152

I won't vote for four years of Trump and his minions' carrying out Trump's political and personal vendettas. Can't do it. I have no more respect for him at this point than I do Dems.

SassyLady
05-05-2022, 06:18 PM
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/04/gop-primaries-00030152

I won't vote for four years of Trump and his minions' carrying out Trump's political and personal vendettas. Can't do it. I have no more respect for him at this point than I do Dems.
I might vote for him again.

Gunny
05-06-2022, 09:14 AM
I might vote for him again.When it comes to voting, I can speak only for myself. It is my hope (more like wishful thinking) that people will vote based on qualification based on facts and not emotion.

I voted for Trump twice and supported him while he was in office. I've done nothing to vilify nor discredit him. HE has done it to himself. My opinion of his qualification for office has changed based on HIS unacceptable behavior.

Others will have to decide on their own.

SassyLady
05-06-2022, 11:47 PM
When it comes to voting, I can speak only for myself. It is my hope (more like wishful thinking) that people will vote based on qualification based on facts and not emotion.

I voted for Trump twice and supported him while he was in office. I've done nothing to vilify nor discredit him. HE has done it to himself. My opinion of his qualification for office has changed based on HIS unacceptable behavior.

Others will have to decide on their own.

I'm not sure any politician qualifies for the office if you're basing it on behavior.

Behavior based ... I loved Carson but he wouldn't have survived the DC sharks.

Gunny
05-07-2022, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure any politician qualifies for the office if you're basing it on behavior.

Behavior based ... I loved Carson but he wouldn't have survived the DC sharks.I disagree (first sentence). I like Carson as well.

I'm not expecting perfection. Far be it. I DO expect a mandatory minimum. Republicans who behave like Democrats are unacceptable to me. That's always been a defining line and still is with me.