PDA

View Full Version : Idaho GOP riven by primary civil war

Gunny
05-10-2022, 09:44 AM
Interesting. Sounds like everywhere. Far-right sees a war against the Democrats, not serving the best interest of the Nation and People. They justify their bad behavior by it.

Unfortunately, "last year's" conservatives now relegated to "moderates" by the rabid neocons can't or won't do much about it. It isn't about being right anymore. It's about "war with the Democrats":rolleyes:

Seems to me the best way to win a "war" is to sway voters with good legislation, not one-upsmanship on the internet.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/07/idaho-gop-primary-elections-00030788

SassyLady
05-10-2022, 03:38 PM
Interesting. Sounds like everywhere. Far-right sees a war against the Democrats, not serving the best interest of the Nation and People. They justify their bad behavior by it.

Unfortunately, "last year's" conservatives now relegated to "moderates" by the rabid neocons can't or won't do much about it. It isn't about being right anymore. It's about "war with the Democrats":rolleyes:

Seems to me the best way to win a "war" is to sway voters with good legislation, not one-upsmanship on the internet.

Why are you calling them neo cons? Are they advocating we go to war with other countries or just because you see a Civil War within the republican party?

BoogyMan
05-10-2022, 09:00 PM
With the radical tribalism going on in America today I don’t know that we will ever be able to get away from the war against <insert target group here> kind of thinking. I am not sure it is just right on left. I see it as reactionary tribalists from all sides. There is a real effort by people every day to be pissed off about something new that was innocuous yesterday.

Makes my head hurt.

Gunny
05-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Why are you calling them neo cons? Are they advocating we go to war with other countries or just because you see a Civil War within the republican party?I use labels that fit. Neo (new) con. New conservatives. That's what these fools running around calling us "old conservatives" moderates and RINOs.

Acting like Democrats/leftwingnuts/ill-mannered extremists is the "new" us.

They don't represent me.

Gunny
05-11-2022, 04:46 PM
With the radical tribalism going on in America today I don’t know that we will ever be able to get away from the war against <insert target group here> kind of thinking. I am not sure it is just right on left. I see it as reactionary tribalists from all sides. There is a real effort by people every day to be pissed off about something new that was innocuous yesterday.

Makes my head hurt.
Probably why I have an issue with just about everyone's politics. I spend my time trying to enjoy life and not let stupidity ruin it for me. Sometimes it's just way too hard to miss.