PDA

View Full Version : So I just flew in from Israel...

fj1200
05-31-2022, 02:50 PM
... and boy are my arms tired. 14 days of a fascinating place on earth.

Kathianne
05-31-2022, 03:05 PM
... and boy are my arms tired. 14 days of a fascinating place on earth.

Why did you go? Vaca?

fj1200
05-31-2022, 03:33 PM
Why did you go? Vaca?

Church group. Learning vacation I suppose. Stayed in Tiberias, Bethlehem, and Jerusalem with day excursions from the Lebanon border in the north to Masada in the south. An emphasis on the biblical areas around the Sea of Galilee and around Jerusalem with a day in the old city. Other stops in no particular order or rank of importance: Nazareth, Cana, Samaria, Jericho, Dead Sea, Sephorus, Cesaria Philippi, Golan Heights...

Our guide was a huge encyclopedia of so much of the history, geography, religious differences, etc. and went into some detail from Abraham through current.

fj1200
05-31-2022, 03:37 PM
Interestingly we were in Jerusalem the day of the Jerusalem Day flag parade that caused some rioting and police intervention. IDF and police out in force but all was quiet when we went into the old city the next day.

jimnyc
06-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Dang, you got around over there!

So where are some pictures for us? :dunno:

fj1200
06-01-2022, 12:48 PM
Dang, you got around over there!

So where are some pictures for us? :dunno:

They're still stuck on my phone. I'll need to go through them and see what I can post. But I'm sure they're not very good pictures.

But it's not hard to get around the whole country. They said it's only the size of New Jersey and a huge chuck of that is just the Negev Desert. We didn't spend much time on the coast except for a quick stop in Jaffa the day we got there and a trip over to Ceasaria Maratima.