PDA

View Full Version : If we leave iraq tommorrow what will happen.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
good or bad, tell us what you believe would happen to iraq and the region now and in the future.

10-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Complete regional conflict. Genocide. chaos. Exactly what ahmedinejad wants.

diuretic
10-05-2007, 01:59 AM
The Kurds take the north and start fighting with Turkey.
The Sunni take the middle and start fighting with each other.
The Shia take the south and make peace with Iran.

And Halliburton et al will see a drop in the price of their stock.

Gunny
10-05-2007, 04:32 AM
good or bad, tell us what you believe would happen to iraq and the region now and in the future.

All of the US-haters and Bush-bashers that blame us for being there will blame us for leaving.

Immanuel
10-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Probably complete and utter anarchy.

But, I still think we should be out of there. Our presence is not helping the matter and more likely making things worse. We should have gotten out when we got Hussein and then done what we could to rebuild the nation from the outside rather than occupying Iraq for God knows how long.

Immie

April15
10-06-2007, 05:22 PM
The Kurds take the north and start fighting with Turkey.
The Sunni take the middle and start fighting with each other.
The Shia take the south and make peace with Iran.

And Halliburton et al will see a drop in the price of their stock.
The Kurds already have the north but the rest is most accurate.

PostmodernProphet
10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't know.....six months ago I would have said complete chaos.....based on what is happening now, I think there is a chance they could pull it off.....I would prefer giving it another six months to see, though.....

April15
10-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't know.....six months ago I would have said complete chaos.....based on what is happening now, I think there is a chance they could pull it off.....I would prefer giving it another six months to see, though.....We will have 16 months before any change in regime. I mean government direction.

Dilloduck
10-06-2007, 05:40 PM
What if they all decide to get married and live happily ever after ??

April15
10-06-2007, 05:52 PM
What if they all decide to get married and live happily ever after ??Bush would not allow that! He is against nepotism.

Guernicaa
10-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I think the better question is "What will happen if we don't leave tomorrow? Or the next day, or next month, or next year?"

One part of this question will always be answered:
More and more deaths of young American soldiers.
Deaths for a cause we were lied to about, and deaths that will do nothing more than help keep our gas tanks full and further ruin our reputation in the world.

Dilloduck
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I think the better question is "What will happen if we don't leave tomorrow? Or the next day, or next month, or next year?"

One part of this question will always be answered:
More and more deaths of young American soldiers.
Deaths for a cause we were lied to about, and deaths that will do nothing more than help keep our gas tanks full and further ruin our reputation in the world.

Got a guarantee that every soldier who died over there would still be alive if they never went there? Didn't think so. The argument is absurd.