PDA

View Full Version : US funded labs in Ukraine

SassyLady
06-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Tulsi Gabbard was right all along.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/us-department-defense-finally-comes-clean-admits-public-document-46-us-funded-biolabs-ukraine/

fj1200
06-12-2022, 12:25 PM
These appear to be two different types of statements.

“There are 25+ US-funded biolabs in Ukraine which if breached would release and spread deadly pathogens to US/world.” Gabbard said on Sunday.

The Pentagon FINALLY came clean.
The United States has also worked collaboratively to improve Ukraine’s biological safety, security, and disease surveillance for both human and animal health, providing support to 46 peaceful Ukrainian laboratories, health facilities, and disease diagnostic sites over the last two decades. The collaborative programs have focused on improving public health and agricultural safety measures at the nexus of nonproliferation.

revelarts
06-12-2022, 12:44 PM
These appear to be two different types of statements.

Yes one is the truth the other is sad damage control.

revelarts
06-12-2022, 12:53 PM
http://dilyana.bg/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/51.png

details in 2018 article
The Pentagon Bio-weapons

The Pentagon Bio-weapons - Dilyana.bg (http://dilyana.bg/the-pentagon-bio-weapons/)

revelarts
06-12-2022, 01:02 PM
http://dilyana.bg/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/1.png

And Granny Clampet only made moonshine for "medicinal purposes".
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlCk3UzegEcJcXK/giphy.gif

revelarts
06-12-2022, 01:08 PM
Tulsi in March

https://youtu.be/0IZQJyk3L58

revelarts
06-12-2022, 01:15 PM
U.S. Bioweapons expert speaks out about US biolabs in Ukraine
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/bioweapons-expert-speaks-out-about-us-biolabs-in-ukraine/

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

-According to bioweapons expert Francis Boyle, Russia’s accusation that Ukraine is conducting U.S.-funded bioweapons research appears to be accurate

-If true, everyone involved is subject to life in prison under the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989

-According to Boyle, the U.S. government and Pentagon have had a “comprehensive policy” to “surround Russia with biological warfare laboratories” and “preposition biological weapons” there for use against them

-The problem with trying to make a distinction between “biodefense” and “biowarfare” is that, basically, there is none. No biodefense research is purely defensive, because to do biodefense work, you’re automatically engaged in the creation of biological weapons, and all dual-use research can be used for military purposes. SARS-CoV-2 may be the result of such dual-use research

-Boyle believes we can hold the culprits behind the SARS-CoV-2 bioweapon accountable by asking local prosecutors to convene a grand jury to seek the indictment of those responsible for the pandemic for murder and conspiracy to commit murder...

fj1200
06-12-2022, 01:40 PM
Yes one is the truth the other is sad damage control.

But one was proffered as proof of the other. Why haven't we heard from the source?

Tulsi Gabbard made her statement based on testimony from the Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs in Eurasia, Victoria Nuland.
Victoria Nuland admitted during testimony before a US Senate committee the existence of biological research labs in Ukraine.

revelarts
06-12-2022, 02:05 PM
But one was proffered as proof of the other. Why haven't we heard from the source?
you'd have to ask the source, the Ukrainian King maker of the U.S., Victoria Nuland.
But I suspect she doesn't want to say anymore.
The Pentagon and MSM are in damage control mode.
It's already an open secret.
All they can do at this point is tried to spin it.
"BUT... BUT... THE RUSSIANS!"

https://youtu.be/Y39veTO7kF4

"Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs in Eurasia, Victoria Nuland.
Victoria Nuland admitted during testimony before a US Senate committee the existence of biological research labs in Ukraine."

jimnyc
06-12-2022, 03:31 PM
A few I was reading earlier...

---

US Official Confirms US-Funded Ukrainian Bio Research Labs Not Secure

The United States has apparently been funding research into deadly pathogens at biological institutes in Ukraine, according to Fox News’ Tucker Carlson and substantiated in a 2005 report by the Arms Control Association.

That’s not the same as funding a “bioweapons” lab, but such technology can of course also be used for many other purposes.

Nuland Avoids Question on Bioweapons

In a hearing Tuesday held by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Under-Secretary of State for Ukraine Victoria Nuland equivocated in her answer to a question by Florida’s Republican Senator Marco Rubio about whether Ukraine has chemical or biological weapons.

“Ukraine has biological research facilities which, in fact, we are now quite concerned Russian troops – Russian forces – may be seeking to gain control of, so we are working with the Ukrainians on how they can prevent any of those research materials from falling into the hands of Russian forces should they approach,” Nuland replied.

Nuland did not say they were “secret biolabs” nor did she say they were devoted to biological weapons, as claimed by Russia and now alleged as well by Carlson.

“From your answer, Victoria Nuland, we would assume – because you all but said it – that there is a military application to this research, that they’re working on bioweapons. Again, your answer suggests that. Why would we fund something like that in Ukraine?” Carlson said.

The question – albeit not necessarily the allegation – is a legitimate one. Research on anthrax and other deadly pathogens has been carried out in the United States under super-secure conditions for decades. Why fund similar research at multiple facilities in Ukraine?

If true, Carlson goes on, “Why didn’t you secure the contents of these biolabs before the Russians arrived, as you knew they would?”

Russia Alleges US ‘Military Biological Program’ in Ukraine

Russia, as well as China, have been ramping up efforts to accuse the US of funding biological weapons research in Ukraine, as reported in USA Today the day after the start of Russia’s invasion, in an article geared to debunk those efforts.

This past Sunday, Russia’s military said in a statement, “During the course of the special military operation facts were uncovered that the Kiev regime was mopping up traces of a military biological program under development in Ukraine financed by the US defense ministry.”

Rest - https://www.jewishpress.com/news/us-news/us-official-confirms-us-funded-ukrainian-bio-research-labs-not-secure/2022/03/10/#:~:text=Proof%20the%20US%20is%20Funding%20the%20L abs%20Under,and%20health%20facilities%20in%20the%2 0former%20Soviet%20republic.%E2%80%9D

Pentagon divulges number of US-funded biolabs in Ukraine

US insists 46 “peaceful” facilities were all about public health and safety

The US government has supported 46 biological research facilities in Ukraine over the past 20 years, but as part of a peaceful public health project rather than to develop weapons, the Pentagon said on Thursday. The US military accused Russia and China of “spreading disinformation and sowing mistrust” about its efforts to rid the world of weapons of mass destruction (WMD).

This is the first time the US Department of Defense disclosed the exact number of such facilities its government has supported in Ukraine, in a document titled ‘Fact Sheet on WMD Threat Reduction Efforts.’

According to the Pentagon, the US has “worked collaboratively to improve Ukraine’s biological safety, security, and disease surveillance for both human and animal health,” by providing support to “46 peaceful Ukrainian laboratories, health facilities, and disease diagnostic sites over the last two decades.” These programs have focused on “improving public health and agricultural safety measures at the nexus of nonproliferation.”

The work of these biolabs was “often” conducted in partnership with bodies like the World Health Organization (WHO) and World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), and was “consistent with international best practices and norms in publishing research results, partnering with international colleagues and multilateral organizations, and widely distributing their research and public health findings,” the Pentagon insisted.

Rest - https://www.rt.com/news/556902-pentagon-ukraine-biolabs-wmd/

fj1200
06-13-2022, 10:47 AM
you'd have to ask the source, the Ukrainian King maker of the U.S., Victoria Nuland.
But I suspect she doesn't want to say anymore.
The Pentagon and MSM are in damage control mode.
It's already an open secret.
All they can do at this point is tried to spin it.
"BUT... BUT... THE RUSSIANS!"

What I hear you saying is that one is not proof of the other.

But I admit to being a little behind. Not sure why we care.

SassyLady
06-13-2022, 12:09 PM
Why Ukraine? Why next to Russia?

If working with WHO there are plenty of NATO countries to set them up without Russia feeling threatened.

fj1200
06-13-2022, 01:09 PM

If working with WHO there are plenty of NATO countries to set them up without Russia feeling threatened.

Is this along the lines of it's our fault Russian invaded?

SassyLady
06-13-2022, 07:39 PM
Is this along the lines of it's our fault Russian invaded?
It's a pretty straight forward question. You don't have an answer?

Why did the Pentagon think it was a good idea to put them in Ukraine? Oh, wait. Maybe we have several labs in every country. Any ideas about that?

It appears we have a lab in Nicargua. And goes what? Russia is moving troops into Nicargua.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nicaragua-gives-permission-for-russian-troops-to-enter-country/

fj1200
06-13-2022, 10:28 PM
It's a pretty straight forward question. You don't have an answer?

Why did the Pentagon think it was a good idea to put them in Ukraine? Oh, wait. Maybe we have several labs in every country. Any ideas about that?

It appears we have a lab in Nicargua. And goes what? Russia is moving troops into Nicargua.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nicaragua-gives-permission-for-russian-troops-to-enter-country/

I ask questions to learn stuff. You believe Russia is aggressive and invading because we have labs in foreign countries. Allegedly.

SassyLady
06-13-2022, 11:21 PM
I ask questions to learn stuff. You believe Russia is aggressive and invading because we have labs in foreign countries. Allegedly.
You still didn't answer the question.

Allegedly? Come on fj, who has to make the statement that US funded bio labs in Ukraine before you believe it? There's testimony to congress under oath that we do/did.

And you have no clue what I believe.

revelarts
06-13-2022, 11:27 PM
I can't speak for Sassy but what I believe is that funding & operating Bio-"research" facilities in "one of the most corrupt countries in the world",
right next to Russia is a very real provocation.
Add to that U.S. meddling in the Ukrainian coup & elections to favor Anti Russian Pro American/west "elected" leaders.
And tease Ukraine with NATO membership.
And NATO in general creeping towards Russia's boarders despite decades of assurance that it Would not happen.
All of it together and more makes for some significant & legitimate reasons for Russia to consider it would be in it's best interest to secure a larger buffer zone.

Was it right for Russia to attack Ukraine? No.
Was it some willy Nilly Act of Expansion... because that's what Russia(!) does "historically"?... No.
But it does make sense as a form of "pre-emptive strike" from Russia's perspective.

BTW wasn't the U.S. funded Bio-Research lab in Wuhan China a "peaceful" project as well?

fj1200
06-15-2022, 07:37 AM
You still didn't answer the question.

Allegedly? Come on fj, who has to make the statement that US funded bio labs in Ukraine before you believe it? There's testimony to congress under oath that we do/did.

And you have no clue what I believe.

I don't think I said that we weren't funding labs in Ukraine. I did question that the second statement was proof of the first. "Allegedly" was in reference to that Russian invaded because of biolabs. I would find that a stretch.

And I don't have a clue to what you believe. That should have been posed as a question, instead of a statement, which is what I do when I'm trying to figure something out.

Is this what I didn't answer?

I don't know. Why were we funding labs in Ukraine? Maybe the same answer as to why we were training special ops in Ukraine.

I can't speak for Sassy but what I believe is that funding & operating Bio-"research" facilities in "one of the most corrupt countries in the world",
right next to Russia is a very real provocation.
Add to that U.S. meddling in the Ukrainian coup & elections to favor Anti Russian Pro American/west "elected" leaders.
And tease Ukraine with NATO membership.
And NATO in general creeping towards Russia's boarders despite decades of assurance that it Would not happen.
All of it together and more makes for some significant & legitimate reasons for Russia to consider it would be in it's best interest to secure a larger buffer zone.

Was it right for Russia to attack Ukraine? No.
Was it some willy Nilly Act of Expansion... because that's what Russia(!) does "historically"?... No.
But it does make sense as a form of "pre-emptive strike" from Russia's perspective.

BTW wasn't the U.S. funded Bio-Research lab in Wuhan China a "peaceful" project as well?

I think this thread is about funding biolabs in the Ukraine. I believe that recent history suggests that this is what Russia does.

revelarts
11-05-2022, 09:36 AM
surprise surprise surprise
U.N. Security Council Denies Russia Probe of U.S. Biological Weapons Claims
DN (https://www.democracynow.org/2022/11/3/headlines/pentagon_confirms_active_duty_us_troops_are_deploy ed_inside_ukraine)
The U.N. security council has rejected a Russian bid to order an investigation into unsubstantiated claims Ukraine and the U.S. are carrying out “military biological” operations in violation of an international convention. Only China sided with Russia in approving the resolution on Wednesday, with other Security Council members voting against or abstaining. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and other top diplomats from the G7 are meeting in Germany today to discuss support for Ukraine.

Seems like U.N. bio-weapons inspectors (WMDs) would be reasonable, what's the problem?
"if you have nothing to hide".. right?

Gunny
11-05-2022, 01:27 PM
STILL not new :rolleyes: