PDA

View Full Version : Covid & nephew in town

jimnyc
06-21-2022, 07:43 AM
2 in our household are under quarantine after testing positive on Sunday morning, just in time for my nephew to roll into town for a weeks long visit! So now I am entertaining/hosting for a week while kinda taking care of things around the home as one of the 2 sick is my wifey.

And nephew has a LONG list of things he wants to do for his first time in NY, almost all in NYC of course, and going to take up a lot of the day just to get a few things in for him. Hell, picked him up at the airport at 10am yesterday and he was welcomed to NY with Whitestone Bridge traffic for the next 3 hours on the way home!

I think today is light with the Bronx Zoo perhaps, Rye Playland by me. I don't think the kiddo realizes yet just how much fun it is getting around NYC and how long it takes. But we'll get in as much as we can. Capped off with a Yankees game I scored tickets to on Thursday night as that's his favorite team.

But I haven't disappeared, just busy!

fj1200
06-22-2022, 10:09 AM
Is anyone actually sick? We had 7 out of 26 test positive in Israel and couldn't get back to the US for another week and all symptoms were either none or very minor. Thankfully.

Gunny
06-22-2022, 10:12 AM
Is anyone actually sick? We had 7 out of 26 test positive in Israel and couldn't get back to the US for another week and all symptoms were either none or very minor. Thankfully.You went to Israel and didn't invite ME? You're off the the "list" :slap:

I'm so itching to get the f- out of here. I'm already working a plan for a trip to the Balkans/Med.

jimnyc
06-25-2022, 10:36 AM
Is anyone actually sick? We had 7 out of 26 test positive in Israel and couldn't get back to the US for another week and all symptoms were either none or very minor. Thankfully.

None with sickness, just carriers. :(

Gunny
06-25-2022, 05:05 PM

None with sickness, just carriers. :(We've got a case of COVID in the house right now. Read my posts at your own risk :)