PDA

View Full Version : Really Scared about Week 5

darin
10-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Man - this steelers game...I can just-as-easily see Seattle getting beat by 2 touchdowns, as I can see seattle winning w/ a last-second FG. VERY nervous.

:(

What-say, Jim? The loser has to use an avatar of the other's choice for a week?

darin
10-05-2007, 02:49 PM
From ESPN:

Seattle - Pittsburgh

I don't see a difference between these two teams. They're both 3-1. They're really good at home. They reached the Super Bowl two years ago. They gave away games to Arizona this season. They're going to win their divisions by 2-3 games. They have up-and-down QBs who are good enough to be fantasy starters, but not good enough to keep their owners from shopping around for Romo, Brady or Palmer. They have quality running backs who were first-round fantasy picks but haven't totally won the confidence of their fans. They have a recognizable Samoan guy on defense. And they hail from cities known for grunge music, great coffee and tons of rain.

(All right, not everything's the same. But you can't tell me Pittsburgh is better than Seattle, or vice-versa. So why would Pittsburgh be favored by six this week? How does that make sense?)

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 03:57 PM
From ESPN:

Probably a good matchup for sure. What are the injury reports looking like? even matches usually are closer spreads than this so guessing an injury has to be in there somewhere.

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
No way I bet anything on this one, too close to call! The only reason I can see the Steelers given the point spread by the oddsmakers are based on home field advantage and their defense is a little stingier.

Hines Ward is out again this week and although he's not their entire O, he brings a lot of spirit to the team when he's out there. Polamalu is inked to play but was injured in last weeks game. They'll definitely need him to be bring his A game in this one.

The Steelers would much rather go into their bye week at 4-1 as opposed to 3-2, so this is an important game early in the season.

I wouldn't even venture a guess on this one which is why I wouldn't bet. If either team won by 2 TD's I wouldn't be too awfully surprised, but seems more likely like you said that it'll come down to a last possession FG or similar.

Should be a good game though!!

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Could they have shown any more shots of Polamalu on the sidelines last weekeend? I was starting to think the cameraman was in love with him. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
No way I bet anything on this one, too close to call!!

Aw, come on, Jim. The whole avatar thing is so much fun for the rest of us. :)

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Aw, come on, Jim. The whole avatar thing is so much fun for the rest of us. :)

Alright, alright. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't have a little faith in my team!

Straight up game - loser must use the other's avatar until the following weeks games. Sound fair, Darin?

Damn, they better win now and this better not jinx them. If I gotta use that damn avatar for a week I'll be pissed. Helluva lot better than if I had to use that homo avatar of OCA's though! :laugh2:

manu1959
10-05-2007, 05:14 PM
home teams wins this one...

darin
10-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Alright, alright. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't have a little faith in my team!

Straight up game - loser must use the other's avatar until the following weeks games. Sound fair, Darin?

Damn, they better win now and this better not jinx them. If I gotta use that damn avatar for a week I'll be pissed. Helluva lot better than if I had to use that homo avatar of OCA's though! :laugh2:

Sure - If the Steelers win, I'll use the avatar of your choice until week 6. If the seahawks win, you use the avatar(s) of MY choice until the Steelers play their next game.

CockySOB
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Jim is so gonna be wearing the avatar Darin picks for him! Seahawks are gonna win, and I expect my 6+

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Sure - If the Steelers win, I'll use the avatar of your choice until week 6. If the seahawks win, you use the avatar(s) of MY choice until the Steelers play their next game.

How about the loser using a vikings avatar, that would be fitting. :laugh2:

Of course it could be one of my custom choice if you prefer.

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Based on what I've read here, from a strictly contractual pov, the avatar doesn't have to be related to football. It can be about anything, heh heh heh.

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 08:14 PM

If Seahwaks win - I use the Seahawks avatar you were using last - a NORMAL one.

If Steelers win - You use the avatar that I'm currently using.

I know you too well ya bastard and I'll end up having a picture of myself kissing another guy as an avatar for a week knowing you!

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Based on what I've read here, from a strictly contractual pov, the avatar doesn't have to be related to football. It can be about anything, heh heh heh.

:laugh2:

Ok, go that route and the unlucky one gets one of my custom jobs. Hmm, could be better left for the winner now that I think about it.

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
:laugh2:

Ok, go that route and the unlucky one gets one of my custom jobs. Hmm, could be better left for the winner now that I think about it.

I see Jim nipped that in the bud just above. Darn. I was really hoping for something, ah, more creative. And you are definitely the man for that job. :laugh2:

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I see Jim nipped that in the bud just above. Darn. I was really hoping for something, ah, more creative. And you are defintiely the man for that job. :laugh2:

I missed that because I generally ignore anything Jim has to say, boring as hell if you ask me. :D

jimnyc
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey Darin, let me know if you need a copy of my avatar! :laugh2:

Jim is so gonna be wearing the avatar Darin picks for him! Seahawks are gonna win, and I expect my 6+

Would you like to volunteer to eat your words about the Steelers - again! :poke:

CockySOB
10-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey Darin, let me know if you need a copy of my avatar! :laugh2:

Would you like to volunteer to eat your words about the Steelers - again! :poke:

This whole weekend has been upside down. I guess the universe spent all its karma making sure the Cubs wouldn't make it to the World Series....

Pittsburgh bets Seattle,
St. Louis imitates a team with an offense,
and both John Kitna and Vince Young fail to find the end zone

And even though I didn't make the bet, I'll wear the Steelers colors for a week.

jimnyc
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
And even though I didn't make the bet, I'll wear the Steelers colors for a week.

You are a true delight, kind sir! And I like you 10x more now. You "look" so much better in those colors! :)

CockySOB
10-07-2007, 09:01 PM
You are a true delight, kind sir! And I like you 10x more now. You "look" so much better in those colors! :)

Yeah, well... this weekend has been mega-strange. In the fantasy NFL league I'm in, I had Kitna as QB and my opponent had Vince Young. Talk about two under-performers this week.... Looks like my record next week in that league could be 4-1-0 after a nice 4-0-0 start.

Oh well, I still have Columbus Day off, so the weekend isn't a total loss....

CockySOB
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
LOL! Despite a pathetic showing by my starters in the fantasy football league, I managed to pull out a win. 5-0-0 as of today!

Anyway, I can't wait to get out of these Pittsburgh colors. On the bright side, I don't have to wear the San Fran colors.... :laugh2: