PDA

View Full Version : Fox calls Bush a "windshield cowboy"

gabosaurus
10-05-2007, 11:50 AM
From the Arizona Republic:

SAN CRISTOBAL RANCH, Mexico - George W. Bush is a "windshield cowboy" who doesn't like horses. Fidel Castro has a strange habit of pulling on his ear after every bite of food. In Nigeria, its former president was likely to grab your buttocks in greeting.

Known for his tactlessness while in office, former Mexican President Vicente Fox has written a gossipy, English-language autobiography that has right-wing U.S. commentators buzzing and Mexicans rolling their eyes.

Revolution of Hope, which hit bookstores Thursday, is a departure for Mexico's former presidents, most of whom were party bureaucrats with a history of keeping their heads down and their mouths shut.

Fox's book shoots from the hip. He calls Bush "quite simply the cockiest guy I have ever met in my life," needles him on his "grade-school level" Spanish and says the U.S. president seemed afraid to ride a horse during a visit to Fox's ranch.

On more serious subjects, Fox says Bush tried to railroad him into supporting the Iraq invasion. He complains at length about U.S. immigration policy and says the United States is abandoning its free-trade roots.

"You don't write a book to please everybody, you write a book to tell the truth," Fox said during an interview with The Arizona Republic last week at his ranch near León, Mexico. "I wanted to go behind the scenes and convey the feeling that presidents are human beings, after all."

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 11:53 AM
This from the man President Bush bends over backwards to please. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Most people know Fox is a wacko.

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Most people know Fox is a wacko.

Between Fox and Putin, it seems that President Bush tries to see good in people whether it is there or not.

gabosaurus
10-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Other world leaders have tried to do the same with Bush. Nothing to find.

hjmick
10-05-2007, 12:07 PM

BAM! It only took five posts to get a Bush Bash!

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM

:lame2:

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 12:09 PM

I know you don't like the guy, but do you seriously think he is morally bankrupt?

Psychoblues
10-09-2007, 01:48 AM
In Texas Bush is referred to simply as the shrub. He is also considered quite the drugstore cowboy. All hat and no cattle. He is afraid of horses and cattle and got rid of all the pigs before he moved into his pig ranch that he bought.

diuretic
10-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Vincente Fox is a wanker, I mean who else would name a tv channel after themselves? :cool:

Psychoblues
10-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Are we simply confusing the ownership of the Wank channel?

Vincente Fox is a wanker, I mean who else would name a tv channel after themselves? :cool:

Maybe so, maybe not?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!??!