PDA

View Full Version : Cold Cure

TheStripey1
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
My pal, John the Botonist, has kids... and his kids go to an elementary school where lots of other kids in varying states of health attend... IOW, a typical school...

well... JtB had a cold at our morning workouts on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... ruh... and now, this AM, I awoke with the tell tale signs of the onset of a cold... a sore throat and some one turned on a faucet in my head...

I don't DO colds, generally speaking, as I'm quite anal when it comes to my health...

so...

What's your favorite cold "cure"?

darin
10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
1500mg of Vitamin C, daily.
Add hot Pepper sauce to your meals.
Warm Liquids (soups, etc).
Rest.
Water. Lots and lots of Water.
1 shot of Jack before bed.

TheStripey1
10-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks dmp... it doesn't hurt to learn what folks in other parts of the country do for their colds... which is why I started the thread...

Here's what I used this am upon rising... I learned this from an herbalist 20 years ago...

1 tall glass of orange juice
1 TBL Olive Oil
2 crushed and chopped raw garlic cloves (yes, raw)
1 tsp cayenne pepper

stir and drink...

also: no coffee, no tea, no booze...

Mr. P
10-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks dmp... it doesn't hurt to learn what folks in other parts of the country do for their colds... which is why I started the thread...

Here's what I used this am upon rising... I learned this from an herbalist 20 years ago...

1 TBL Olive Oil
1 tsp cayenne pepper

stir and drink...

Man! That'll make ya sick! :poke:

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Theraflu! Don't let the "flu" in there fool ya, that stuff is awesome and kills whatever ails ya!

manu1959
10-05-2007, 04:19 PM
vitamin....c.....zinc.....glass of scotch

manu1959
10-05-2007, 04:22 PM
My pal, John the Botonist, has kids... and his kids go to an elementary school where lots of other kids in varying states of health attend... IOW, a typical school...

well... JtB had a cold at our morning workouts on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... ruh... and now, this AM, I awoke with the tell tale signs of the onset of a cold... a sore throat and some one turned on a faucet in my head...

I don't DO colds, generally speaking, as I'm quite anal when it comes to my health...

so...

What's your favorite cold "cure"?

ya kissed him didn't ya..........................:poke:

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Theraflu! Don't let the "flu" in there fool ya, that stuff is awesome and kills whatever ails ya!

I'll second that! You won't care if you're sick. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
5stringJeff's Cure For Anything
Ingredients:
3 shots of whiskey
2-3 blankets

Time: 10 hours, 5 minutes

1. Drink the whiskey.
2. Get under the blankets.
3. Sleep it off.

Guernicaa
10-05-2007, 08:59 PM

1 TBL Olive Oil
1 tsp cayenne pepper

stir and drink...

I wouldn't avoid booze.

Whenever I'm sick with a cold, my moms chardonnay is part of my "fluids" routine. That, organge juice, and water.

Makes you relax a little bit and usually gets me in the mood for drinking a shit load of water.

dmp was right about the vitamin C too...

Has anyone tried Zicam? I heard it doesn't work but I wanna try it...