PDA

View Full Version : Why is Audi hyped up?

Guernicaa
10-05-2007, 04:28 PM
To be something it isn’t?

Whenever someone sees an Audi, they think "luxury car", well I, and Consumer Report think they suck.

All the foreign kids (especially the Russians) drive 2000-2003 A4's to school and think they're hot shit. I see nothing "hot" about an Audi. Especially an A4.

Heres why:
-I dont think they look that great...nothing special.
-The interior of the A4 isn't big and roomy.
-The ride was stiff and shitty.
-I hated the head rests.
-Consumer report ranks the A4 as one of the worst used car and new car on the market. It got terrible ratings in quality.

I would prefer any Toyota or Honda over an Audi any day.
Especially Acura Lexus.

I'm also pretty mad at Volvo.
I love Volvos (they still look nice to me), and they use to have the reputation as being the safest cars on the road. The quality of their cars these days is comparable to Ford. (Curiously, Ford bought Volvo a couple years back)

manu1959
10-05-2007, 04:29 PM
audi R8....P1 cars is why everyone thinks out is hot shit the new A8 is pretty slick....

darin
10-05-2007, 04:57 PM
First thing- you have no credibility if you base your car decisions on CR. CR is crap. Pure Crap.

To be something it isn’t?

Whenever someone sees an Audi, they think "luxury car", well I, and Consumer Report think they suck.

All the foreign kids (especially the Russians) drive 2000-2003 A4's to school and think they're hot shit. I see nothing "hot" about an Audi. Especially an A4.

YAY! Racist!

Heres why:
-I dont think they look that great...nothing special.

Subjective.

-The interior of the A4 isn't big and roomy.

Want room? Buy a buick. The S4 has the best front seats I've ever sat in.

-The ride was stiff and shitty.

Again - buy a buick. Audi's handle great. Sometimes you have to compromise.

-I hated the head rests.

Get a smaller head.

-Consumer report ranks the A4 as one of the worst used car and new car on the market. It got terrible ratings in quality.

:lame2:

I would prefer any Toyota or Honda over an Audi any day.
Especially Acura Lexus.

Toyota nor honda does 'driving pleasure' better than Audi.

I'm also pretty mad at Volvo.
I love Volvos (they still look nice to me), and they use to have the reputation as being the safest cars on the road. The quality of their cars these days is comparable to Ford. (Curiously, Ford bought Volvo a couple years back)

You like boring cars.

Yurt
10-05-2007, 05:10 PM
I rented a bimmer a weekend or two ago, and I must say, as soon as I have enough $$, will buy one. Have test drove a peoplewagon, laaaaame. Have not driven an audi, but like their style.

the 328i I rented was the low end model, but, amazing compared to my XLE camery. Wife is very road sensative, honeymoon was a decked out cadillac, she hated it, LOL. Swimmy steering. But the bed was apparently hard enough...... She loves the electronic gas pedal, as it does not "jerk" in and out of traffic. She loves the tight steering. Though, the 328i is a wee low, so I hope the 325 models or similar don't sit so low, not sure, we are taking a test drive this weekend or next or whenever her husband lands a solid job. Or, his own practice......

hjmick
10-05-2007, 05:16 PM
audi R8....P1 cars is why everyone thinks out is hot shit the new A8 is pretty slick....

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/7/k/U/Audi_R8_front.jpg

Guernicaa
10-05-2007, 05:25 PM
First thing- you have no credibility if you base your car decisions on CR. CR is crap. Pure Crap.
Oh really? And what evidence do you have to tell me their crap?

YAY! Racist!
hahahaha not really..I don't know of any kid that has one at my school unless hes Russian.

Want room? Buy a buick. The S4 has the best front seats I've ever sat in.
S4? You mean A4?
And no, my RAV4 has more room than then an A4.
An A4 isn't much bigger than a civic in length.

Again - buy a buick. Audi's handle great. Sometimes you have to compromise.
The one I was in was an 02. It's possible that my friend (Russian) could be the reason that the handling was shitty because of the excessive pounding he's put on his car. I'll wait until I get into a newer one to form that opinion.

Get a smaller head.
I do have a big head. :finger3:

:lame2:
How so?

Toyota nor honda does 'driving pleasure' better than Audi.
I disagree. Between my other friends 02 Accord and the Russian kids A4, there was just no comparison.
The Accord had SOO much better acceleration. The transmissions on Hondas and Toyotas are amazing. My 4 cyl RAV4 makes me feel like I'm in a low level sports car. Also, the Accord has more room, and my friend very, very, very rarely has problems with it.

You like boring cars.
I get that a lot when I express my love for Volvos, but its that boxy feeling they have that I love. Even the newest Volvo models still retain some of that boxiness. My parents refused to pay for a semi-new one.

darin
10-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh really? And what evidence do you have to tell me their crap?

Because they are not experts in their field. You want car reviews? Find a road and track or car and driver, etc.

S4? You mean A4?
And no, my RAV4 has more room than then an A4.
An A4 isn't much bigger than a civic in length.

No, I mean S4. Audi S4. Look it up. The S4 has probably LESS interior room than my RX8 - but the seats are more comfortable up front. Back seats? who cares - the S4 is centered around the front left position. ;)

An A4 is twice the car of a RAV4 in terms of refinement, handling, prestige, and safety.

The one I was in was an 02. It's possible that my friend (Russian) could be the reason that the handling was shitty because of the excessive pounding he's put on his car. I'll wait until I get into a newer one to form that opinion.

02...hrm...I think by today's standards a 2002 A4 isn't "nice" inside. Although it'd still handle well w/ a good alignment it's no sports car. The S4, is a different story. :)

I disagree. Between my other friends 02 Accord and the Russian kids A4, there was just no comparison.
The Accord had SOO much better acceleration. The transmissions on Hondas and Toyotas are amazing. My 4 cyl RAV4 makes me feel like I'm in a low level sports car. Also, the Accord has more room, and my friend very, very, very rarely has problems with it.

Again, if you want a boring soft sedan...a very 'vanilla' sedan then you like the right kinds of cars. However, model-for-model the Audi will out-perform most of it's competition...bmw excluded. :)

If you are impressed by the handling of your RAV4, get in a miata for an hour. :D Miata's have some of the best handling, and one of the best transmissions available for the average consumer.

I get that a lot when I express my love for Volvos, but its that boxy feeling they have that I love. Even the newest Volvo models still retain some of that boxiness. My parents refused to pay for a semi-new one.

My problems with Volvo:
All FWD (-) or AWD (fwd-biased awd).
They Don't "perform" well at ANYTHING measurable. They are adequate.
Too many Nanny-aides, electronic safety crap. Handicaps folk from having to be 'better' drivers.

Audi...FTMFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnSdSKeSsM