PDA

View Full Version : Warrantless ATF Agents Show Up at Delaware Man’s Home, Demand to See His Guns

BoogyMan
07-20-2022, 11:33 AM
Excuse me? I was thinking this was America, I guess I was wrong.

https://nationalfile.com/video-warrantless-atf-agents-show-up-at-delaware-mans-home-demand-to-see-his-guns/

Independent copy of video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFE9Yl2X57A

Warrantless ATF agents showed up on the front porch of a Delaware man’s home, demanding to see his firearms. The agents claimed they were investigating “straw purchases” and that the man had been flagged in their system after making a “large firearm purchase” of a whopping two guns.

The Delaware man, who has not shared his name, posted a video of the interaction with ATF agents and a member of the Delaware State Police online. The footage was captured from his family home’s Ring doorbell and shows one ATF agent and a Delaware state cop standing on his front porch, while another ATF agent takes up a position in the yard.

In the video of the warrantless ATF inspection posted online, the agent at the door tells the man that he’s “verifying” that he still has the firearms he recently purchased, seeming to state to because the man purchased two firearms at once, the government believes he’s done something wrong, though obviously not illegal.

“All I’m doing is verifying that you have it, you got two different purchases. If you have them, I’m out of here. That’s how quick it is,” the ATF agent tells the man, who sounds noticeably disturbed by the ordeal.

“Do you have them with you by any chance?” the ATF agent asks the man, who explains that they’re sitting in his home gun safe...

icansayit
07-20-2022, 02:33 PM
The Gun owner in question has the 1ST, 4TH, 5TH, AND 14TH Amendments possibly being abused by those ATF agents (if they really were agents).

ONE. They are TRESSPASSING ON HIS PROPERTY.
TWO. He has the 5TH Amendment right to NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.
THREE. The ATF has no Legal Right to even ask him about his weapons.

The ATF Agents were BREAKING THE LAW AS LONG AS THEY WERE THERE.

revelarts
07-20-2022, 03:03 PM
We'll if the guy's got nothing to hide what's the problem?
The police are being friendly & reasonable & just doin' their jobs.

:rolleyes:
:puke3:

icansayit
07-20-2022, 04:42 PM
We'll if the guy's got nothing to hide what's the problem?
The police are being friendly & reasonable & just doin' their jobs.

:rolleyes:
:puke3:

The Police know that MOST AMERICANS have no idea what their rights actually are. So they do that kind of stuff to get information, which they already have in most cases. But they pay little attention to the ACTUAL CRIMINALS who get away, while the Legal, Law Abiding get intimidated with THREATS, and WHAT IF'S the Amendments to the Constitution provide to PROTECT Them, not the GOVERNMENT.

SassyLady
07-21-2022, 01:19 AM
The guy "yes, I know there is an uptick in crime, thus my purchase of 7 guns".

I sure hope I never get a visit like this. I would tell them unless I'm charged with a crime and they have a warrant it is none of their business. That attitude might escalate the situation.

However, as icansayit mentioned, not a lot of people know their rights.

Gunny
07-21-2022, 05:21 PM
Excuse me? I was thinking this was America, I guess I was wrong.

https://nationalfile.com/video-warrantless-atf-agents-show-up-at-delaware-mans-home-demand-to-see-his-guns/

Independent copy of video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFE9Yl2X57AWow. Two :smoke:

icansayit
07-21-2022, 07:29 PM
READ THE BILL OF RIGHTS.
The First 10 Amendments of the Constitution.
If you only know what the 1st says, and the 2nd.
Just look each amendment up on GOOGLE or WHATEVER source you use.

I'd be willing to bet...FEW OF US HERE actually know, and understand what each amendment actually says, and really means.
Following the 10th amendment...Is a TREASURE TROVE of Lost Information NOT EVEN OUR Members of Congress, or Police Officers know.
Call me wrong if you like. I don't care. NOT KNOWING ISN'T MY FAULT.

Gunny
07-21-2022, 07:37 PM
READ THE BILL OF RIGHTS.
The First 10 Amendments of the Constitution.
If you only know what the 1st says, and the 2nd.
Just look each amendment up on GOOGLE or WHATEVER source you use.

I'd be willing to bet...FEW OF US HERE actually know, and understand what each amendment actually says, and really means.
Following the 10th amendment...Is a TREASURE TROVE of Lost Information NOT EVEN OUR Members of Congress, or Police Officers know.
Call me wrong if you like. I don't care. NOT KNOWING ISN'T MY FAULT.I read them all the time. Have to make sure I'm not putting my foot in my mouth when talking out my ass :laugh: