PDA

View Full Version : Eyeglasses Drama/Ordeal/Fiasco

Gunny
07-20-2022, 07:07 PM
Only me :laugh:

May 27th I got my eyes checked. Ordered (or so I thought) new glasses at that time. The gory details are: they ordered the glasses. Weren't in. Took a month. Nope, they ordered the frames to see if I wanted them. No, Einstein, I came to the eyeglasses store and got tested and ordered glasses I picked out because I DIDN'T want them :bang3: Two weeks later? I got the regular (clear) glasses but sunglasses still aren't back from Ray Ban.

Where the f- is Ray Ban? Beijing? Is a Chinaman delivering them on his bicycle?

I wear sunglasses most of the time. This is South Texas. There are 4 clouds, all of which are responsible for circling the entire state daily and it's been over 100 since before I ordered the damned glasses to begin with.

Never, EVER use Epic Vision (nationwide chain so just in case). I finally just ordered another pair from a different company and I'm supposed to see them 7-10 days. I'll try to remember to post how THAT works out.

I'm about tired of lazy ass f*cks given the price of things. Grrr...

jimnyc
07-23-2022, 05:49 PM
Don't hit LensCrafters either, bad luck with them. Effed my eyes up with wrong lenses I think and now I am walking blind. I use my built in magnifier on my phone to read everything when out the hous we.

Love Ray Bans! Also my Maui Jims

Gunny
07-23-2022, 07:03 PM
Don't hit LensCrafters either, bad luck with them. Effed my eyes up with wrong lenses I think and now I am walking blind. I use my built in magnifier on my phone to read everything when out the hous we.

Love Ray Bans! Also my Maui JimsGot the Ray Bans yesterday. I DO like them. Doing some homework, I could have gotten them from Ray Ban minus the middle man at least a month ago.

I admit to being a rookie at purchasing prescription eyewear. But I'm learning. We'll see if the Oakley's I ordered get here in the amount of time stated.

Gunny
07-28-2022, 06:52 PM
Since I was kind enough to slam crappy service, I feel I should also point out good service.

I mentioned ordering a second pair of sunglasses. I got them from SportRX. Might want to sit down for this. I was treated like a paying customer. From start to finish, a pair of prescription Oakley's to work out in -- 8 days. I paid extra for the overnight shipping, and got what I paid for. Same with the sunglasses. Polarized, chromatic, transition lenses.

You are invited at any time to check on your order. I wasn't even going to look until next week.

I'll use them again should the need arise.