PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress for ignoring January 6 hearing subp

Gunny
07-22-2022, 05:18 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/steve-bannon-found-guilty-contempt-congress-ignoring-january-6-hearing-subpoena

Waiting for Eric Holder to stand trial for contempt of Congress. How many years ago was THAT?

I'd stand right in front of the judge and tell him he's damned right I'm guilty of contempt for Congress. It's the truth.

revelarts
07-22-2022, 07:14 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/steve-bannon-found-guilty-contempt-congress-ignoring-january-6-hearing-subpoena

Waiting for Eric Holder to stand trial for contempt of Congress. How many years ago was THAT?

I'd stand right in front of the judge and tell him he's damned right I'm guilty of contempt for Congress. It's the truth.

I'm no fan of Steve Bannon but there's a LONG list of people that have refused to appear before congress after a suponea
Including but not limited to...

BUSH White House Dick Chenney refused to testify before Congress.
BUSH White House Carl Rove refused to testify before Congress after a subpoena.
BUSH House Counsel Harriet Miers refused to testify before Congress after a subpoena.
BUSH White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten claimed executive privilege in refusing to testify before Congress.

OBAMA White House Office of Political Strategy and Outreach director David Simas was absent from a Capitol Hill hearing on Wednesday, despite being summoned with a subpoena
OBAMA White House Social Secretary Desirée Rogers was asked to testify before Congress, the White House refused to let her testify.
OBAMA White House David Simas, the director of the Office of Political Strategy and Outreach was subpoenaed, but the White House refused to allow him to testify before Congress.
OBAMA White House Eric Holder refused to provide subpoenaed documents to the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

TRUMP White House General William Barr incurred controversy for his own decision to disregard a congressional subpoena.
TRUMP White House counselor Kellyanne Conway did not appear before the House Oversight Committee to discuss her alleged multiple violations of the Hatch Act.

and the beat goes on,
and Ds & Rs project faux outrage ... but only when the other side does it.

Black Diamond
07-22-2022, 07:28 PM
I'm no fan of Steve Bannon but there's a LONG list of people that have refused to appear before congress after a suponea

BUSH House Counsel Harriet Miers refused to testify before Congress after a subpoena.
BUSH White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten claimed executive privilege in refusing to testify before Congress.

OBAMA White House Office of Political Strategy and Outreach director David Simas was absent from a Capitol Hill hearing on Wednesday, despite being summoned with a subpoena
OBAMA White House Social Secretary Desirée Rogers was asked to testify before Congress, the White House refused to let her testify.
OBAMA White House David Simas, the director of the Office of Political Strategy and Outreach was subpoenaed, but the White House refused to allow him to testify before Congress.
OBAMA White House Eric Holder refused to provide subpoenaed documents to the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

TRUMP White House General William Barr incurred controversy for his own decision to disregard a congressional subpoena.
TRUMP White House counselor Kellyanne Conway did not appear before the House Oversight Committee to discuss her alleged multiple violations of the Hatch Act.

and the beat goes on,
and Ds & Rs project faux outrage ... but only when the other side does it.

Surprised they haven't gone after Conway.

icansayit
07-23-2022, 03:39 PM
THE RADICALS IN CONGRESS FIND SOMEBODY THEY DON'T LIKE GUILTY, while....THEY IGNORE A MAN TRYING TO ATTACK A SITTING MEMBER OF CONGRESS IN NEW YORK....THEN....LET HIM GO WITH NO CHARGES.

ISN'T THAT SPECIAL? FOR THEE BUT NOT FOR ME????

Gunny
07-23-2022, 07:10 PM

and the beat goes on,
and Ds & Rs project faux outrage ... but only when the other side does it.Doesn't matter who has or has not been subpoena'd. Irrelevant water under the bridge.

It matters when the witch hunt is Dem led, after Trump, and Trump's lackey is the only one prosecuted. If a Dem pulled this stunt and the Republicans went this hard after him/her? Dem Mayors would be offering safe haven from Federal prosecution :rolleyes:

It's about the hypocrisy out in the open field for all to see and no one doing a damned thing about it.