PDA

View Full Version : White House pushes back on claims China influencing US' Taiwan policy, Pelosi trip

Gunny
07-27-2022, 06:25 PM
Dumb and Dumber. Given the current geopolitical climate, especially as it relates to Taiwan, Pelosi making a pointless trip to Taiwan does nothing but stir the fire with China. Not sure what she thinks is backing her self-perceived invincibility, but is sure isn't the current, emasculated US Government.

And yes, The Biden Admin's panties ARE in a twist at the thought of provoking China. Anything that requires balls achieves the same result.

While no official announcement of a trip (https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-warns-firm-absolute-response-speaker-pelosi-visits-taiwan) to Taiwan by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been made, the White House pushed back on allegations an incensed Chinese Communist Party is influencing whether they would support such a delegation.
Pelosi reportedly invited at least one Republican on the purported venture, Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, which would make it a bipartisan trip.
Retired Rear Adm. John Kirby, spokesman for the National Security Council, told "The Story" on Wednesday that China's overtures have not changed their relatively ambivalent stance on the trip – pushing back on reporting the Pentagon is trying to discourage her from visiting Taipei.

"What we're focused on here, whenever she goes, wherever she goes, particularly in overseas travel, we just want to make sure that that national security team, which does include of course of the Department of Defense, provides her with the facts, the analysis, the context that she needs to make the best decisions that she can."
When pressed by anchor Martha MacCallum on Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's recent comments on Pelosi's trip combined with the Xi regime's objections, Kirby denied the Biden administration is allowing China to "back us into a corner."
"Again, Martha, you're getting ahead of decisions that haven't been made yet here. There's been no announcement by the speaker [regarding] travel to Taiwan (https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-fighter-jets-ships-ready-pelosi-travel-taiwan-report). So I'm not going to hypothesize or speculate about that," he said.
complete article: https://www.foxnews.com/media/white-house-pushes-back-claims-china-influencing-us-taiwan-policy-pelosi-trip

Black Diamond
07-27-2022, 07:02 PM
Dumb and Dumber. Given the current geopolitical climate, especially as it relates to Taiwan, Pelosi making a pointless trip to Taiwan does nothing but stir the fire with China. Not sure what she thinks is backing her self-perceived invincibility, but is sure isn't the current, emasculated US Government.

And yes, The Biden Admin's panties ARE in a twist at the thought of provoking China. Anything that requires balls achieves the same result.

complete article: https://www.foxnews.com/media/white-house-pushes-back-claims-china-influencing-us-taiwan-policy-pelosi-trip

Well if China takes Taiwan they can blame China for inflation and gas prices. So it makes sense for Nancy to piss on a hornets nest.

Gunny
07-28-2022, 05:34 PM
Well if China takes Taiwan they can blame China for inflation and gas prices. So it makes sense for Nancy to piss on a hornets nest.

I don't think that's it. One of Pelosi's delusions is fancying herself some great ambassador for World-wide democracy. Remember hoer trip to Syria during the Second Gulf War?

I'm trying to say this without giving the dingbat props, but Pelosi HAS BEEN critical of China for awhile.

Gunny
07-28-2022, 05:38 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-xi-call-take-place-thursday-morning

If Pelosi's plan was to screw Biden on the World stage, she's succeeded. Either way he goes he loses. The Republicans will be all him if he backs down, and who knows what Ping Pong will do if he doesn't.

I think Ping Pong should be told to go f- himself. But that's just me.

Kathianne
07-28-2022, 06:05 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-xi-call-take-place-thursday-morning

If Pelosi's plan was to screw Biden on the World stage, she's succeeded. Either way he goes he loses. The Republicans will be all him if he backs down, and who knows what Ping Pong will do if he doesn't.

I think Ping Pong should be told to go f- himself. But that's just me.

And me!

Gunny
07-28-2022, 06:18 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/media/gop-lawmaker-defends-pelosi-taiwan-plans-weak-biden-interfere

And more than willing to stir the pot :laugh:

SassyLady
07-28-2022, 08:08 PM
I don't think that's it. One of Pelosi's delusions is fancying herself some great ambassador for World-wide democracy. Remember hoer trip to Syria during the Second Gulf War?

I'm trying to say this without giving the dingbat props, but Pelosi HAS BEEN critical of China for awhile.
She also made a trip to Ukraine.

icansayit
08-01-2022, 07:08 PM
China owns roughly $1.08 trillion worth of U.S. debt.2
IN OTHER WORDS...BIDEN and the DEMS are beholden to CHINA.
Either we be Nice, and Appease XI or they can FORCLOSE on that $1.08 Trillion their way. GET THE PICTURE? PELOSI made herself a Pawn, and China Owns Her too!
This amount is subject to market fluctuations. The value will change whenever China trades Treasury securities or when the prices of those bonds change.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355

Gunny
08-01-2022, 07:22 PM
Either we be Nice, and Appease XI or they can FORCLOSE on that $1.08 Trillion their way. GET THE PICTURE? PELOSI made herself a Pawn, and China Owns Her too!
This amount is subject to market fluctuations. The value will change whenever China trades Treasury securities or when the prices of those bonds change.

China can demand payment. Or declare war. One amounts to the other. Gonna happen sooner or later anyway and I'm not one for wasting time; especially, while we still have the upper hand.

fj1200
08-02-2022, 12:09 PM

That's really not how that works at all.

BoogyMan
08-02-2022, 12:27 PM
Do we have the upper hand? I am not so sure after the Obama years and now the Biden mess. We have discharged service members for vaccine hesitancy, the media and the left have demanded that the military be swept clean of what they claim are extremists, and the current CiC is working hard to get to the intellectual level of Forrest Gump.

I am not so sure that we are ready, but I could be wrong.

China can demand payment. Or declare war. One amounts to the other. Gonna happen sooner or later anyway and I'm not one for wasting time; especially, while we still have the upper hand.

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Do we have the upper hand? I am not so sure after the Obama years and now the Biden mess. We have discharged service members for vaccine hesitancy, the media and the left have demanded that the military be swept clean of what they claim are extremists, and the current CiC is working hard to get to the intellectual level of Forrest Gump.

This whole prospect last night was reminding me of how Carter couldn't get the hostages out of Iran. And the failed rescue

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 12:58 PM
Taiwan has the same advantage Britain had in 1940. it's an island.

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 01:11 PM

Watch the woke army in action?

icansayit
08-02-2022, 02:56 PM
That's really not how that works at all.

So you tell us how it works.

fj1200
08-02-2022, 03:41 PM
So you tell us how it works.

You could have read the article which surprisingly didn't suck but here we go.

Yes, China owns US Trasuries...
No, the US or biden or dems are not beholden to China...
No, we don't have to be nice or appease anyone that holds our debt. Japan is number 2 and nobody says biden or the dems are beholden to them...
True, treasuries are subject to the markets based on interest rate fluctuations.

No, China can't "foreclose" on that trillion or "call" their loan. What they can do is sell their treasuries on the open market which would have an effect on other markets. But the reality is China, or any trading partner, owns treasuries because they do a lot of trade with the US and their holdings are a byproduct of that. Not so nefarious.

Gunny
08-02-2022, 04:30 PM

I am not so sure that we are ready, but I could be wrong.Yes and "who knows?" answer. The US has the capability and capacity to defeat both China and Russia at the same time. The US currently has no known national will that I am aware of. Russia and China know this. As long as they do not give us an excuse to unite against one or both of them, we'll sit and talk all day long and do nothing.

icansayit
08-02-2022, 05:04 PM
You could have read the article which surprisingly didn't suck but here we go.

Yes, China owns US Trasuries...
No, the US or biden or dems are not beholden to China...
No, we don't have to be nice or appease anyone that holds our debt. Japan is number 2 and nobody says biden or the dems are beholden to them...
True, treasuries are subject to the markets based on interest rate fluctuations.

No, China can't "foreclose" on that trillion or "call" their loan. What they can do is sell their treasuries on the open market which would have an effect on other markets. But the reality is China, or any trading partner, owns treasuries because they do a lot of trade with the US and their holdings are a byproduct of that. Not so nefarious.
Maybe someday you'll take off your LARGELY LIBERAL BLINDERS or pull your head OUT OF THE SAND. You got my piss off because YOU CLAIM TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS...JUST LIKE BIDEN.

fj1200
08-02-2022, 07:27 PM
Maybe someday you'll take off your LARGELY LIBERAL BLINDERS or pull your head OUT OF THE SAND. You got my piss off because YOU CLAIM TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS...JUST LIKE BIDEN.

:unsure: You made a request, demanded rather, and I complied. I'm sorry you don't really understand what you posted nor apparently what liberals stand for either. I tried to help.

icansayit
08-02-2022, 09:20 PM
:unsure: You made a request, demanded rather, and I complied. I'm sorry you don't really understand what you posted nor apparently what liberals stand for either. I tried to help.

You certainly are SORRY.