PDA

View Full Version : Biden administration to fill border wall gaps near Yuma, Arizona

BoogyMan
07-29-2022, 12:40 PM
If you know me at all you know how much I despise our media. The press in America is little more than a propaganda organization focused on propping up the DNC and their mindless drone candidates and elected officials. Nothing illustrates that any better than the latest effort puked up by NBC.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/biden-administration-fill-border-wall-gaps-yuma-arizona-rcna40567?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

First take a look at the difference in treatment based on the office-holder, then read the article.

The Biden administration on Thursday authorized completion of the Trump-funded U.S.-Mexico border wall in an open area of southern Arizona near Yuma, where four wide gaps make it among the busiest corridors for illegal crossings.

The Department of Homeland Security said in a statement that the work to complete the project near the Morelos Dam will better protect migrants who can get hurt slipping down a slope or drown walking through a low section of the Colorado River.

The area is the third busiest crossing for migrants who can easily walk across the river to surrender to border officials.

Completion of the wall was at the top of former President Donald Trump’s agenda, and border security remains a potent issue for candidates of both parties going into this year’s primary elections. President Joe Biden halted new wall construction after he took office, but he has since made closing the gaps just south of Yuma a priority...

SassyLady
07-29-2022, 06:47 PM
It's to prop up Sen. Mark Kelly. I'll bet the wall doesn't get closed before the election and will be canceled after election. The announcement is just to give Kelly leverage with conservatives for the election.

Kathianne
07-30-2022, 02:26 AM
It's to prop up Sen. Mark Kelly. I'll bet the wall doesn't get closed before the election and will be canceled after election. The announcement is just to give Kelly leverage with conservatives for the election.

I really don't like Kelly.

SassyLady
07-30-2022, 11:27 AM

Me either!

BoogyMan
07-30-2022, 11:32 AM
Has he taken a position on anything publicly? I have not found the man to be anything more than a placeholder for the liberal ideology that is fed to him from somewhere else. It seems he is electable solely on two things. 1. His former work with NASA. 2. His wife and the horrible shooting she endured and came through. I really don’t know much about the man because he seems to be a ghost as far as real policy that he speaks about.

He votes solidly with the left and that is enough to dislike the man.

Gunny
07-30-2022, 06:35 PM
Biden is trying to get more mileage out of what amounts to a nothing act than he is worth. He's going to fix a fence someone already broke down? Wonder how well that'll work with no surveillance/enforcement :rolleyes: