PDA

View Full Version : China announces live-fire naval exercises ahead of possible Pelosi Taiwan visit

Gunny
07-30-2022, 07:22 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-announces-live-fire-naval-exercises-possible-pelosi-taiwan-visit

Looky what Nancy and Joe have gotten us into now.

I don't have a problem with not backing down to China. I have a problem with unnecessarily putting themselves in the position of backing down with US and OUR name forefront in the conversation.

We're just screwed. China does what it wants if we back down; Joe screws everything up if doesn't.

I really am getting to the point where I hate politicians and this fraudulent rat's nest occupying DC.

Gunny
07-30-2022, 07:29 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-tests-positive-covid-rebound-case-doctor-says

And WHERE is our "CinC"? :rolleyes:

BoogyMan
07-30-2022, 07:47 PM
This could be a complete mess, but it could also be the current admin pretexting for war to distract America from the abject incompetence and failure of the Pudding Brains.

Black Diamond
07-30-2022, 07:48 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-tests-positive-covid-rebound-case-doctor-says

Basement

Black Diamond
07-30-2022, 07:49 PM
This could be a complete mess, but it could also be the current admin pretexting for war to distract America from the abject incompetence and failure of the Pudding Brains.

Do i see Taiwanese flags in people's Facebook avatars

BoogyMan
07-30-2022, 07:50 PM
Give it until tomorrow and we will see what happens. The old witch jumped on her broom earlier today.

Do i see Taiwanese flags in people's Facebook avatars

Black Diamond
07-30-2022, 07:51 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-announces-live-fire-naval-exercises-possible-pelosi-taiwan-visit

Looky what Nancy and Joe have gotten us into now.

I don't have a problem with not backing down to China. I have a problem with unnecessarily putting themselves in the position of backing down with US and OUR name forefront in the conversation.

We're just screwed. China does what it wants if we back down; Joe screws everything up if doesn't.

I really am getting to the point where I hate politicians and this fraudulent rat's nest occupying DC.

I expected China to take Taiwan within a week of putin invading Ukraine.

Or try to.

Gunny
07-30-2022, 08:01 PM
This could be a complete mess, but it could also be the current admin pretexting for war to distract America from the abject incompetence and failure of the Pudding Brains.This admin can't handle a real war with a real enemy. There is no leadership at the top from the SecDef up.

Black Diamond
07-30-2022, 08:03 PM
This admin can't handle a real war with a real enemy. There is no leadership at the top from the SecDef up.

Didn't Kath say a while back we can't handle a....two front war. That the pentagon had said so.

Gunny
07-30-2022, 08:05 PM
I expected China to take Taiwan within a week of putin invading Ukraine.

Or try to.China is trying to use the same excuse Putin is: "historically ... yada, yada, yada".

China would have a bigger problem than it thinks unless it's ready to go scorched Earth like Putin is trying to do. Half the population of Taiwan is indigenous Taiwanese, not Chinese. I'm not seeing the same roll-over we saw in Hong Kong.

That'll depend on the Taiwanese. Unfortunately for them, and a lot on us.

Black Diamond
07-30-2022, 08:12 PM
China is trying to use the same excuse Putin is: "historically ... yada, yada, yada".

China would have a bigger problem than it thinks unless it's ready to go scorched Earth like Putin is trying to do. Half the population of Taiwan is indigenous Taiwanese, not Chinese. I'm not seeing the same roll-over we saw in Hong Kong.

That'll depend on the Taiwanese. Unfortunately for them, and a lot on us.
I agree Taiwan will not roll over. But. What does indigenous Taiwanese mean?
I thought Taiwanese were Chinese who left with Chiang khai chek after he was defeated by mao. To me if Hong Kong folks are Chinese then so are Taiwanese. Taiwan calls itself republic of China.

Gunny
07-30-2022, 08:53 PM
I agree Taiwan will not roll over. But. What does indigenous Taiwanese mean?
I thought Taiwanese were Chinese who left with Chiang khai chek after he was defeated by mao. To me if Hong Kong folks are Chinese then so are Taiwanese. Taiwan calls itself republic of China.

Chiang kai shek was forced to Taiwan and declared martial law and named the place the Republic of China. He was a big a despot as Mao, just more inept. There are Chinese people on Taiwan.

Nothing is as simple as it looks. Most South Pacific islanders are indigenous to their respective islands. There intermixed with different Euro colonizers, Koreans, Japanese, Mongols, Chinese -- pretty much anyone that showed up to exploit.

There is an indigenous population on Taiwan Chiang suppressed, and are still the minority group. They don't call themselves Chinese the same as Okinawans don't call themselves Japanese and a wise man wouldn't call them that either :)

That's as simple I guess as I can make it.

Black Diamond
07-30-2022, 09:18 PM
Chiang kai shek was forced to Taiwan and declared martial law and named the place the Republic of China. He was a big a despot as Mao, just more inept. There are Chinese people on Taiwan.

Nothing is as simple as it looks. Most South Pacific islanders are indigenous to their respective islands. There intermixed with different Euro colonizers, Koreans, Japanese, Mongols, Chinese -- pretty much anyone that showed up to exploit.

There is an indigenous population on Taiwan Chiang suppressed, and are still the minority group. They don't call themselves Chinese the same as Okinawans don't call themselves Japanese and a wise man wouldn't call them that either :)

That's as simple I guess as I can make it.

Wow ok. Was Formosa part of China before world War ii

icansayit
07-30-2022, 09:57 PM
Basement

The United States Has NO C-I-C Because the United States Has No President.
An Unelected Puppeteer from the Obama Admin. Is The Bureaucrat Who Tells SLEEPY and KACKALA What to do with the Blessings of Schumer, Pelosi, and the Entire DNC SWAMP WATER AND ANAL GAS PRODUCTION SYSTEM.

Mr. P
07-31-2022, 01:46 AM

I believe the CinC is in South Florida.

I may be wrong.

Black Diamond
07-31-2022, 02:00 AM
I believe the CinC is in South Florida.

I may be wrong.

Well that would rule out a basement. :laugh:

Mr. P
07-31-2022, 02:09 AM
Well that would rule out a basement. :laugh:

Indeed.

Gunny
07-31-2022, 09:13 AM
Wow ok. Was Formosa part of China before world War ii

Had to ponder this. No real, short answer. Formosa is the Portugese name given to what is now Taiwan. As far as the West getting to Taiwan, the Dutch, Portugese and Spanish were the first. The Dutch were out to exploit anything they could, to include being some of the most notorious slave traders in "modern" history. Spain was the same, but add conquer/colonize.

The Portugese were out to force any and everything heathen to convert or kill to their version of Christianity, THEN exploit them. They basically brought a newer version of the Crusades to the Far East; albeit, using coercion rather than force.

The politics amongst the colonizers were ridiculous. Kind of like now. Everyone pretending to keep the peace while trying to cut each other's throats in secret to the locals. Hong Kong was originally a Dutch port.

On top of all this Euro-intrigue/exploitation, mainland Asia is ringed geographically by island chains/nations from Russia in the north all the way to the Indian Ocean. The fight here is for control of the Western Pacific. The US and its proxies extend to a majority of this outer ring of islands. US/allies control most of the sea lanes between these outer islands and the mainland.

Most of these chains of islands have indigenous people, cultures and societies. Calling them Chinese is like calling all Native Americans "Indians". I couldn't even begin to say where they came from. Probably the same place all people came from at one time.

All things being equal, I can see China having an issue with the US right on China's doorstep, controlling the the entire Pacific region. Those islands would make a nice outer perimeter for defense purposes. In that, China wants the Pacific Islands for the same reason we do.

Taiwan just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. We're talking Xi. It's an offense to his nationalism. He refuses to even recognize it as separate. Same as Putin and Ukraine or the Shia and Israel. They don't believe these Nations have a right to exist and rightfully belong to them. They all use a selective history to sell to themselves their justifications. They're all full of shit as most if not all governments are.

Xi will do what he wants same as Putin. Even if we get the second coming of Ronald Reagan as our next President, the deeds will be done. They know they can talk themselves out of actual hostilities and maintaining the new status quo because the entire West is too afraid to confront the bullies. They'll just settle down and wait for the next Biden to come along and make another move. These countries/societies are thousands of years old and that's how long they've been playing this same game. We are children to them and we're acting like it.

Gunny
07-31-2022, 09:23 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy-pelosis-asia-visit-itinerary-leaves-out-mention-possible-stop-taiwan

What a person with a brain would do, IMO, is announced Pelosi's visit on her way back to the US from it.

Call me what you want about it, but if we intend to ever engage in and win another war, the media is going to be have be treated like an extension of our enemy. They don't even need spies anymore. All they have to do is see what the MSM has blurted out today :rolleyes: