PDA

View Full Version : US takes out al Qaeda leader Ayman Al Zawahiri

Gunny
08-01-2022, 06:52 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-conducts-successful-counterterrorism-operation-takes-out-significant-al-qaeda-target-afghanistan

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression we left Afghanistan.

icansayit
08-01-2022, 07:22 PM
How He Single-handedly Controlled The Drone That Took The RAT Out!
(Between bites of his favorite Ice Cream and Depends.)

Gunny
08-02-2022, 04:38 PM
How He Single-handedly Controlled The Drone That Took The RAT Out!
(Between bites of his favorite Ice Cream and Depends.)
He was quick to talk some kind of trash. I didn't bother with it. Taking out OBL's #2 (which would make him #1, right?) will do as much to AQ as taking out OBL did.

I'm guessing al Zawahiri must've gotten between the CIA and their opium operation :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 04:45 PM
I am glad he's dead. Regardless of how effective it is in preventing another attack

Gunny
08-02-2022, 04:52 PM
I am glad he's dead. Regardless of how effective it is in preventing another attack

His replacement was probably on the ground within minutes. No problem with him being dead. I was just thinking back to the Obama GI Joe doll with Cmdr Barry dressed as a Navy SEAL right after OBL was killed.

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 04:55 PM
His replacement was probably on the ground within minutes. No problem with him being dead. I was just thinking back to the Obama GI Joe doll with Cmdr Barry dressed as a Navy SEAL right after OBL was killed.

Me being glad is admittedly about vengeance.

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 04:56 PM

The last part is fd up. He shouldn't have dressed like a navy seal.

Gunny
08-02-2022, 05:31 PM
The last part is fd up. He shouldn't have dressed like a navy seal.The doll was. It was a "commemorative issue" doll with Obama's head/face in a SEAL Team 6 uniform.

I imagine if Obama himself had put on a SEAL uniform all Hell would've broken loose.

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 05:36 PM
The doll was. It was a "commemorative issue" doll with Obama's head/face in a SEAL Team 6 uniform.

I imagine if Obama himself had put on a SEAL uniform all Hell would've broken loose.
Ohhh ok. :laugh:

Still not great though.

Russ
08-02-2022, 07:31 PM
When I first heard about this, my initial thoughts were "well, this is good, I guess I have to give Biden some credit for this one".

Then some other thoughts came into my head:
- Biden is polling badly and this is a very convenient win for him.
- Biden is a habitual and almost constant liar.
- In the past, they used to require confirmation of getting a high-profile target
- No one is talking now about confirming that they really got Zawahiri

I considered the possibility of this happening: 1) They get some unconfirmed report that Zawahiri is in a house near Kabul 2) They launch a Hellfire at the house quickly before getting any confirmation that Zawahiri is actually in the house and 3) They immediately start a victory lap for getting Zawahiri and tell the media to avoid the word "confirmation" at all costs.

This reminds me of Biden going to Saudi Arabia after Joe first told a relative of Khashoggi that he would confront the Saudi prince about killing Khashoggi. After meeting with the Saudi prince, Joe claimed that he confronted the Saudis about it all, but the Saudis immediately announced that Joe didn't say a word about it. Then Joe had a call with President Xi of China and told the world that he confronted Xi about human rights in China. Immediately, Chinese authorities countered that Joe didn't say a word about it.

The fact is that Joe Biden lies all the time when he has little or even nothing to gain from the lies. In this case, Joe has a lot to gain from lying. We have to consider that no matter how outrageous the lie, it's something he would do.

Can anyone tell me I must be wrong? Has there been any definite confirmation that Zawahiri was actually the person hit by that Hellfire, or that there was even anyone in that house?

Black Diamond
08-02-2022, 07:50 PM
When I first heard about this, my initial thoughts were "well, this is good, I guess I have to give Biden some credit for this one".

Then some other thoughts came into my head:
- Biden is polling badly and this is a very convenient win for him.
- Biden is a habitual and almost constant liar.
- In the past, they used to require confirmation of getting a high-profile target
- No one is talking now about confirming that they really got Zawahiri

I considered the possibility of this happening: 1) They get some unconfirmed report that Zawahiri is in a house near Kabul 2) They launch a Hellfire at the house quickly before getting any confirmation that Zawahiri is actually in the house and 3) They immediately start a victory lap for getting Zawahiri and tell the media to avoid the word "confirmation" at all costs.

This reminds me of Biden going to Saudi Arabia after Joe first told a relative of Khashoggi that he would confront the Saudi prince about killing Khashoggi. After meeting with the Saudi prince, Joe claimed that he confronted the Saudis about it all, but the Saudis immediately announced that Joe didn't say a word about it. Then Joe had a call with President Xi of China and told the world that he confronted Xi about human rights in China. Immediately, Chinese authorities countered that Joe didn't say a word about it.

The fact is that Joe Biden lies all the time when he has little or even nothing to gain from the lies. In this case, Joe has a lot to gain from lying. We have to consider that no matter how outrageous the lie, it's something he would do.

Can anyone tell me I must be wrong? Has there been any definite confirmation that Zawahiri was actually the person hit by that Hellfire, or that there was even anyone in that house?

Be kind of funny if it turns out he lied. I wouldn't put anything past him.