PDA

View Full Version : Sinema still undecided on Manchin social spending bill

Gunny
08-01-2022, 07:03 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sinema-undecided-manchin-social-spending-bill-make-determination-after-parliamentarian-review

Down to one. I honestly expected her to cave before Manchin. Nothing macho -- she's more progressive than he is. Guess we'll see.

icansayit
08-01-2022, 07:17 PM
As I have been repeating since I first came here....

My father told me long before he passed....
NEVER, EVER, TRUST, ANY POLITICIAN. EVENTUALLY THEY ARE ALL LIARS.

Gunny
08-01-2022, 07:25 PM
As I have been repeating since I first came here....

My father told me long before he passed....
NEVER, EVER, TRUST, ANY POLITICIAN. EVENTUALLY THEY ARE ALL LIARS.Lest we forget, it is Donald Trump and some other fail Republicans that put us in the position of having to count on Democrats to save our bacon.

We should be up 2 seats in the Senate that we are not.

Kathianne
08-02-2022, 08:16 AM
Lest we forget, it is Donald Trump and some other fail Republicans that put us in the position of having to count on Democrats to save our bacon.

We should be up 2 seats in the Senate that we are not.
Indeed. The same tugawar seems to be continuing with this cycle.

Gunny
08-02-2022, 04:35 PM
Indeed. The same tugawar seems to be continuing with this cycle.I am most worried about Trump-endorsed candidates who are less electable than the candidates his puppets replaced.

Kathianne
08-02-2022, 07:16 PM
I am most worried about Trump-endorsed candidates who are less electable than the candidates his puppets replaced.

I went for not Trump endorsed. Avoided dem, though Sinema not running this time.

Gunny
08-03-2022, 05:41 PM
I went for not Trump endorsed. Avoided dem, though Sinema not running this time.That's a tough one. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater maybe?

The obvious, foaming at the mouth Trump disciple is a no brainer. But what about completely otherwise qualified, mum on Trump, and Trump endorsed?

It has always annoyed me that it comes down to personality instead of qualification. It's just gotten worse, IMO.