PDA

View Full Version : Senate ratifies Sweden, Finland bids to join NATO amid Russia's war on Ukraine

Gunny
08-03-2022, 06:15 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-ratifies-sweden-finland-bid-to-join-nato-amid-russias-war-ukraine

By the time these bureaucrats get finished, Putin will be halfway across Finland, if not further.

Black Diamond
08-03-2022, 06:19 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-ratifies-sweden-finland-bid-to-join-nato-amid-russias-war-ukraine

By the time these bureaucrats get finished, Putin will be halfway across Finland, if not further.

See that's many are saying. That putin won't stop with Ukraine. That he will take the Baltics, maldova.. Maybe he'll ll be cautious for now until Ukraine falls

Gunny
08-03-2022, 06:25 PM
See that's many are saying. That putin won't stop with Ukraine. That he will take the Baltics, maldova.. Maybe he'll ll be cautious for now until Ukraine fallsI mentioned this in another thread. Putin knows the rules and he's playing by them. Ukraine is not a NATO member, and it DOES have historic ties more to Russia than Europe.

Doesn't make what he's doing right. But so long as he observes the line in the sand the ostriches drew for him and made double-sure he understood, Europe won't move.

Was I Germany and/or Poland, I see a real clear solution to my gas problem right on the other side of a 3rd rate military. But that's just me :halo9:

Black Diamond
08-03-2022, 06:49 PM
I mentioned this in another thread. Putin knows the rules and he's playing by them. Ukraine is not a NATO member, and it DOES have historic ties more to Russia than Europe.

Doesn't make what he's doing right. But so long as he observes the line in the sand the ostriches drew for him and made double-sure he understood, Europe won't move.

Was I Germany and/or Poland, I see a real clear solution to my gas problem right on the other side of a 3rd rate military. But that's just me :halo9:

Barbarossa II? :cool:

Gunny
08-03-2022, 06:54 PM
Barbarossa II? :cool:NATO going after Russia would result in a nuclear war. Russia would have no choice. Surrender or take everyone with them. They're barely breaking even with Ukraine which was hardly prepared for war.

Black Diamond
08-03-2022, 07:55 PM
NATO going after Russia would result in a nuclear war. Russia would have no choice. Surrender or take everyone with them. They're barely breaking even with Ukraine which was hardly prepared for war.

Yeah it's true. Might happen anyway.

Black Diamond
08-03-2022, 08:03 PM
I mentioned this in another thread. Putin knows the rules and he's playing by them. Ukraine is not a NATO member, and it DOES have historic ties more to Russia than Europe.

But yeah. Putin is following the rules so far. Ukraine isn't in nato. But the Baltics are. Those who assume history repeats itself or at least rhymes, assume putin eventually won't follow the rules and hit whomever he wants. For some, every time we don't act, against someone it's another Munich.

Gunny
08-04-2022, 03:36 PM
But yeah. Putin is following the rules so far. Ukraine isn't in nato. But the Baltics are. Those who assume history repeats itself or at least rhymes, assume putin eventually won't follow the rules and hit whomever he wants. For some, every time we don't act, against someone it's another Munich.That's THE question there's only one way we'll get an answer to: If Putin strikes a NATO nation, what happens next?

If the answer is nothing, people better start planning their trips to "The Godfather's" house to pay their protection money.

Bigger question is if Putin strikes NATO and NATO strikes back conventionally, does Putin escalate to nukes? That's what everyone's afraid of.

I guess the real question is do you want to live your life a live slave, or die for your freedom?