PDA

View Full Version : Hello my name is Immanuel and I'm a...

Immanuel
10-06-2007, 06:42 AM
... newbie. Hah! betcha thought I was going to say an addict. Well, maybe I am or maybe I am a recovering addict from another site.

Some of you may know me from three or four other sites. Yes, it is me.

It says right under the banner of this site that I should introduce myself by posting in the introductions forum but I spent 10-15 minutes looking for that forum and well I must admit my patience ran a little thin. I can't find the introductions forum.

A little bit about me?

Well, I am a recovering "compassionate conservative". I guess that also means I am a recovering Republican. I hate to admit it but I voted for GWB twice and since we live in a world where no one wants to take responsibility, I am going to blame the Democrats for that. It is not my fault that they ran Al Gore in 2000 and John Kerry in 2004. If they had just run someone that I could have stomached in either election, I would not have to admit that I voted for the current moron twice.

I am pro-life but moderating to at least being reasonable and realizing that over-turning Roe may not be the solution to the problem. Education, restrictions and reasoning is probably the better way to go about it.

I am anti-Affirmative Action. Not because I believe that minorities do not need a helping hand or deserve one but rather because I do not believe that the helping hand should be restricted to the color of one's skin.

I guess I am also anti-politician. At the moment, I dislike them all. I can't think of one of them that I do not believe is corrupt. In fact, in the coming election, I will avoid the "I hate to admit that I supported {this candidate}" by simply not supporting any of them. I have not got a clue who I will vote for or even if I will in the up and coming election.

Let me clarify something here. I believe that the people who get into politics generally do so for the right reasons. I believe most start out wanting to help our country. Unfortunately, by the time they reach the level of the Senate or House or even a governorship, they have had to sell their souls so many times that they would need to take out a second mortgage just to find another piece to sell.

I am a Lutheran and enjoy discussing faith. Not only mine but other people's faiths.

I supported the removal of Saddam Hussein and our entry into Iraq. However, the day he was captured I felt we should have begun our withdrawal with the offer of assistance to the people of Iraq. Our continued presence there has only made things worse.

My dissatisfaction with the current Administration began probably with the introduction of the Patriot Act and has flowed through the continued degradation of our Constitution by this administration. Actually, thinking about it, maybe timing wise it goes back to the no-bid contract offered to Halliburton.

Well, I guess that is enough for now. Those of you who know me, know that I have a reputation for introducing the "A word" into every thread. This is not a well deserved reputation as until yesterday, I had not mentioned the A word in a thread in... well, quite some time.

I've got a meeting at church in a few minutes and need to go so I will check back in a couple of hours.

Immie

jimnyc
10-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Welcome, Immanuel! I hope you stick around and enjoy the board. :)

Pssst... Look at the thread stickied in this very forum at the top titled "Introductions".

All cool though, posting a new thread introducing yourself won't cause any harm!

diuretic
10-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Piss off, you're too reasonable.

Only kidding! Welcome Immanuel :laugh2:

truthmatters
10-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Immie ,

Welcome and enjoy.

You sound desh like a guy I knew on another site:coffee:

Trigg
10-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi,

I think you'll find you fit in pretty well here. Most are Republicans and most are also a bit disgusted with Bush. In fact I've made statements in the past that if the Dems had run someone besides Kerry they probably would have won the last election. Apparently they arn't learning their lesson though, since more than likely they're going to run the devil herself in the next one.

WELCOME

JohnDoe
10-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Welcome Immie, glad to see you here, finally! :)

the A word is Abortion and it is surprising your in depth thoughts on it was not in your first post!

Because you are conservative, but moderate, I would suppose you will fit in just fine here, but not certain on this yet.... we will see! hahahaha!

good luck!

jd

Immanuel
10-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome, Immanuel! I hope you stick around and enjoy the board. :)

Pssst... Look at the thread stickied in this very forum at the top titled "Introductions".

All cool though, posting a new thread introducing yourself won't cause any harm!

Ah there it is! Well, what do you know! It really is there. Here I was looking for a forum and it was a thread all along. I'm getting old and my eyesight is going.

Immie

Immanuel
10-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Welcome Immie, glad to see you here, finally! :)

the A word is Abortion and it is surprising your in depth thoughts on it was not in your first post!

Because you are conservative, but moderate, I would suppose you will fit in just fine here, but not certain on this yet.... we will see! hahahaha!

good luck!

jd

Oh, oh, someone knows me from another site and had to give away my secret word already. It seems like every where I go my reputation precedes me.

Just kidding. I know who jd is. In fact, jd is the one who invited me here. Now, please, don't think that means that jd and I agree on anything at all! So please don't hold that against me. But, one can be friends with another even though the other tends to be wrong most of the time. Right? Why else would jd be friends with me?

Hi tm I would be that guy.

Immie

JohnDoe
10-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Oh, oh, someone knows me from another site and had to give away my secret word already. It seems like every where I go my reputation precedes me.

Just kidding. I know who jd is. In fact, jd is the one who invited me here. Now, please, don't think that means that jd and I agree on anything at all! So please don't hold that against me. But, one can be friends with another even though the other tends to be wrong most of the time. Right? Why else would jd be friends with me?

Hi tm I would be that guy.

Immie

looking forward to the arguments Immie! :)

Care/jd/jane hahahaha!

Roomy
10-06-2007, 10:58 AM
there are far to many hilarious fucking clowns here already.

dan
10-06-2007, 01:21 PM
there are far to many hilarious fucking clowns here already.

Welcome to the board, Immanuel. This is Roomy, our British drunk. Which is redundant.

retiredman
10-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Welcome Immie...LTNS!

mrg666
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the board, Immanuel. This is Roomy, our British drunk. Which is redundant.

all brits are drunks :laugh2: the only problem we have with drink is when we cant afford it

oh yeah
hi Immanuel

actsnoblemartin
10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
welcome to the board.

all brits are drunks :laugh2: the only problem we have with drink is when we cant afford it

oh yeah
hi Immanuel

dan
10-10-2007, 04:37 AM

:laugh2: