PDA

View Full Version : Kissinger says U.S. is heading aimlessly toward brink of war against Russia and China

BoogyMan
08-15-2022, 09:20 PM
I can't say that I disagree, however the Speaker actually going to Taiwan, while inciting possible Chinese angst, was the first gutsy thing I have seen the old bag do.

It seems that we are squarely back in the mold of interventionism and we all know where that leads.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kissinger-says-u-s-is-aimlessly-heading-toward-edge-of-war-against-russia-and-china-11660552482

That’s the view of Henry Kissinger, the 99-year-old former secretary of state and national-security adviser, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. He recommended that the U.S. not “accelerate the tensions and to create options, and for that you have to have some purpose.”

Kissinger added that foreign policy is “very responsive to the emotion of the moment.”

He did say that, even if the U.S. played some role in triggering Russia, Ukraine now has to be treated like a NATO member, whether formally or not.

On Taiwan, he advised being “very careful” in measures that seem to change the structure of the relationship with China, without directly criticizing the recent visit by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The secretary of state under Richard Nixon himself has been dubbed a war criminal by some, for his role in sabotaging Vietnamese peace talks, expanding that war into Cambodia and other controversial moves. He didn’t appear to express regret in the Wall Street Journal interview. “I do not torture myself with things we might have done differently,” he reportedly said.