PDA

View Full Version : Liz Cheney shakes up 2024 forecast

Gunny
08-17-2022, 06:50 PM
Man. Walter Mondale's busy today :laugh: Didn't see this coming:rolleyes: I remember when Trump was the media darling before he wasn't. Most MSM outlets are making quite the martyr of Cheney.

Rep. Liz Cheney (https://thehill.com/people/liz-cheney/)(R-Wyo.) is fueling 2024 speculation after saying she was “thinking about” a presidential run in the wake of her primary loss on Tuesday night.

full article: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3605811-liz-cheney-shakes-up-2024-forecast/

Gunny
08-17-2022, 06:55 PM
No she didn't.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyt-writer-argues-liz-cheney-who-lost-her-primary-37-points-won-ways-count

Black Diamond
08-17-2022, 07:02 PM
She's on a crusade to destroy trump. That's her objective by running. Not to win. And the media will gush all over her the entire time.

Gunny
08-17-2022, 07:07 PM
She's on a crusade to destroy trump. That's her objective by running. Not to win. And the media will gush all over her the entire time.

All she's accomplished is to make Trump more popular. Neither she nor Dan Quayle, or whoever Trump's VP was, have a chance, and in fact, have had theirs.

The bureaucracy is going to destroy Trump, if it can. It doesn't seem to care much how nor how it looks either.

Russ
08-17-2022, 07:12 PM
Is Liz Cheney the female Beta O'Dork? Can't win a state-wide election but for some reason thinks she can do well in a national election? This is ridiculous on many levels.

Who would vote for her? Republican voters hate her, and Dem voters psuedo-like her for attacking Trump but would never vote for her because she is technically a Republican.

There is one reason why she would run, and it isn't "to be the next President". She wants to run just to get CNN interviews and get a place in the debates so that she could continually bash Trump on TV as part of the election. Where would she get her campaign money? From Democrats. They would give her millions. It would be like free attack-ad advertising for them.

Gunny
08-17-2022, 07:25 PM
Is Liz Cheney the female Beta O'Dork? Can't win a state-wide election but for some reason thinks she can do well in a national election? This is ridiculous on many levels.

Who would vote for her? Republican voters hate her, and Dem voters psuedo-like her for attacking Trump but would never vote for her because she is technically a Republican.

There is one reason why she would run, and it isn't "to be the next President". She wants to run just to get CNN interviews and get a place in the debates so that she could continually bash Trump on TV as part of the election. Where would she get her campaign money? From Democrats. They would give her millions. It would be like free attack-ad advertising for them.

According to a CNN article, she didn't fare well trying to get Dems or independents to vote for her. FTR, I don't care who or what she is after. She is an extremist that thinks her opinion is "the" opinion and her definition of "democracy" is THE definition.

She is part of the Dem/MSM current soap opera witch hunt. I don't even care that she voted to impeach Trump. But to be part of this circus sideshow the left is using to try and distract the public from the crimes its committing is a bit more than I'm will to go for.

Black Diamond
08-17-2022, 08:21 PM

Ratings would be huge.

Gunny
08-18-2022, 12:25 PM
https://babylonbee.com/news/producers-confirm-liz-cheney-will-not-be-back-for-season-2-of-jan-6-hearings

:)

Gunny
08-18-2022, 04:46 PM
Should hear this woman. In her concession speech that was all about her, she compared herself to Abraham Lincoln. In some other media op (the lefts is providing plenty), she likened Jan 6th to the US Civil War :rolleyes:

The only thing close to the US Civil War right now is the Bureaucracy's war being waged by its Dem lapdogs against the American people.

Gunny
08-21-2022, 07:34 PM
Something to ponder:

The MSM dogs are out, trying to hold their noses and push Cheney as the "anti-Trump, Republican candidate". With their fingers crossed, of course, as they are leery that she could siphon Dem votes from the disaffected in their own party.

Regardless how anyone wants to say it, Cheney and most everyone else blames Trump for destroying her current political career. She's vowed to stop Trump, blah, blah, blah.

It is feasible though that she could be the one to split the Republican party, run as an independent, giving the Dems another loser in office.

Black Diamond
08-22-2022, 12:35 AM
Something to ponder:

The MSM dogs are out, trying to hold their noses and push Cheney as the "anti-Trump, Republican candidate". With their fingers crossed, of course, as they are leery that she could siphon Dem votes from the disaffected in their own party.

Regardless how anyone wants to say it, Cheney and most everyone else blames Trump for destroying her current political career. She's vowed to stop Trump, blah, blah, blah.

It is feasible though that she could be the one to split the Republican party, run as an independent, giving the Dems another loser in office.

My guess is she'll run as a republican't and get crushed by trump, even though the media will side with her at every turn during the primaries.
If she then ran third party I wouldn't put it past the media to allow her to debate in a 3 candidate race.

fj1200
08-22-2022, 07:52 AM
My guess is she'll run as a republican't and get crushed by trump, even though the media will side with her at every turn during the primaries.
If she then ran third party I wouldn't put it past the media to allow her to debate in a 3 candidate race.

Makes sense. If you want a conservative on the stage. :poke:

Gunny
08-22-2022, 03:59 PM
If she then ran third party I wouldn't put it past the media to allow her to debate in a 3 candidate race.I don't believe she can run as a Republican AND 3rd party. Not completely up to snuff on the rules, but as an "officially recognized" candidate, it would be too late to declare by the time the Republican Primary would be over.

She could run as a write-in after that, anyone can. Until someone does and the Dems lose their minds all over again and outlaw it:rolleyes:

No offense to anyone (except maybe Trump and Cheney), but they are mirror images of each other. Ensuring the destruction of Donald Trump that she sees as a bigger threat to the country than another Dem President, running 3rd party would be the course of action. That gives a definitive place for "Never Trumpers" to go.

Gunny
08-22-2022, 04:01 PM
Makes sense. If you want a conservative on the stage. :poke:You mean an old school, establishment Republican neocon? :poke:

fj1200
08-22-2022, 04:28 PM
You mean an old school, establishment Republican neocon? :poke:

Touche.