PDA

View Full Version : Hard games/Fire Emblem

Smurfette
10-06-2007, 11:05 PM
I just pulled out NetHack – my old PC favorite that I re-play every few years, trying to win and never succeeding. They just don’t make games like that anymore – games where one wrong choice or move can cost you winning the whole thing, and ya just have to play them all over again. Masochistic – kinda, but it requires some serious strategy. Anyone tried the Fire Emblem (http://gloob.tv/games/waggle_war_wii?article=1976) series? Heard that was tough, makes me wish I had a Wii. Other hard games?

dan
10-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I HATE games like that. Remember Police Quest? I used to play those games, you'd get all the way to the end, then lose because you forgot to get some piece of evidence at the very begining. Realistic? Yeah, but it really used to piss me off.

Smurfette
10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I never played Police Quest, sounds intriguing and frustrating. I remember way, way back when playing "In Search of the Most Amazing Thing". I was so young at the time (this must have been 84 or 85), but I remember it being way to complex to ever win. A lot of wandering.