PDA

View Full Version : Queen Elizabeth Has Died

Kathianne
09-08-2022, 12:33 PM
Just breaking-been watching 'the watch' all morning.

Kathianne
09-08-2022, 12:35 PM
First link I've found:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/queen-elizabeth-ii-is-dead-at-96

Kathianne
09-08-2022, 12:57 PM
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/09/queen-elizabeth-ii-r-i-p/

...For more than 70 years, the queen was a model of duty, honesty, and hard work. Her reign was remarkable, and she will be immediately missed.

fj1200
09-08-2022, 01:50 PM
Did she just make a dead institution better or did she prove that a monarchy is not really a dead institution?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Just breaking-been watching 'the watch' all morning.

Sad, great lady, truly great leader! Yet 96 is a long life.
Many would have bet that the tough lady would have made it to a hundred.
Now we see what changes are made in Britain... Tyr

Gunny
09-08-2022, 02:01 PM
Sad, great lady, truly great leader! Yet 96 is a long life.
Many would have bet that the tough lady would have made it to a hundred.
Now we see what changes are made in Britain... TyrThe Queen is a figurehead. She did not establish policy. People had more respect for Queen Elizabeth and anything than she had to say than they ever will any of her extended offspring.

The Royal family just keeps the tabloids in business.

Long live the Queen.

hjmick
09-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Did she just make a dead institution better or did she prove that a monarchy is not really a dead institution?

Yes.

But don't be surprised if that schmuck son finally kills it altogether...

Gunny
09-08-2022, 02:11 PM

Yes.

But don't be surprised if that schmuck son finally kills it altogether...Tsk tsk, gents ... she's a sentimental favorite :slap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-09-2022, 06:08 AM
The Queen is a figurehead. She did not establish policy. People had more respect for Queen Elizabeth and anything than she had to say than they ever will any of her extended offspring.

The Royal family just keeps the tabloids in business.

Long live the Queen.

As that figurehead she erformed with dignity,and a strength her nation needed.
God gave her 96 years of life to carry on doing that role.
She was a magnificent blessing for her nation and her personality, strength and dignity keep her in favor with the vast majority on the British population for her entire reign. A very long reign in that role, that lasted longer than any other Brit king/monarch.
As a history lover and person that has spent a lifetime studying history, she rates right in the tops as a leader and a most honorable person in my book.
Did her duty so admirably well for so many decades ...-Tyr

Gunny
09-09-2022, 07:02 PM
As that figurehead she erformed with dignity,and a strength her nation needed.
God gave her 96 years of life to carry on doing that role.
She was a magnificent blessing for her nation and her personality, strength and dignity keep her in favor with the vast majority on the British population for her entire reign. A very long reign in that role, that lasted longer than any other Brit king/monarch.
As a history lover and person that has spent a lifetime studying history, she rates right in the tops as a leader and a most honorable person in my book.
Did her duty so admirably well for so many decades ...-Tyr
Eloquent :)

My turn: She could drive a truck AND fix it. That's badass for a Queen :)

Gunny
09-09-2022, 07:55 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62853265

Who played the Queen in the James Bond movie? The Queen :)

fj1200
09-10-2022, 10:46 AM
Queen Elizabeth II: 'We will never see a Queen again in our lifetime'

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-62845415

Way to make it about you. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
09-10-2022, 10:48 AM
I was remembering how close her and Reagan were back in the day and watching a few videos I realized how much younger they both looked, her more so. Then I realized that was 35-42 years ago. Wow.

RIP Queen Elizabeth. Much respect to her as that's a long time to carry duties and travel the world and meet so many leaders over that time. They say 13 US presidents I believe.

Gunny
09-10-2022, 11:00 AM
Way to make it about you. :rolleyes:The woke crowd has been its usual, class-less self. I debated pointing to some of their reprehensible nastiness and decided I'd rather not soil on the thread the way they have any-and-everything they get their dirty little pea brains attached to.

I agree we will never seen another "Queen" or World leader that will come even close to being the class act Queen Elizabeth was. Those making such a statement should be asking themselves "Why not?" instead of casting aspersions. The answer's in the mirror.

fj1200
09-10-2022, 11:55 AM
The woke crowd has been its usual, class-less self. I debated pointing to some of their reprehensible nastiness and decided I'd rather not soil on the thread the way they have any-and-everything they get their dirty little pea brains attached to.

I agree we will never seen another "Queen" or World leader that will come even close to being the class act Queen Elizabeth was. Those making such a statement should be asking themselves "Why not?" instead of casting aspersions. The answer's in the mirror.

If your worth is determined by who holds a mostly meaningless position in the functioning of your government then you might want to look elsewhere for meaning.

Gunny
09-10-2022, 12:09 PM
If your worth is determined by who holds a mostly meaningless position in the functioning of your government then you might want to look elsewhere for meaning.Your comment says more about the US than the UK, IMO :)

One can but imagine what the Queen thought of today's losers. Because she didn't feel the need to say it.

Black Diamond
09-10-2022, 12:49 PM
If your worth is determined by who holds a mostly meaningless position in the functioning of your government then you might want to look elsewhere for meaning.

She was a sovereign.

Black Diamond
09-10-2022, 12:56 PM
Wasn't she, (and now this assclown is) the head of the church of England?

fj1200
09-10-2022, 04:31 PM
She was a sovereign.

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/590ba7606231b140f4d5c307/16:9/w_1280,c_limit/guardians-adam-warlock.png

Wasn't she, (and now this assclown is) the head of the church of England?

Meh.

Black Diamond
09-10-2022, 06:22 PM
https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/590ba7606231b140f4d5c307/16:9/w_1280,c_limit/guardians-adam-warlock.png

Meh.

It is interesting how they are still seen this way by some people to some extent. The French got over the sovereign idea in what... 1793?

Black Diamond
09-10-2022, 06:26 PM
I don't think the king is totally powerless.

fj1200
09-10-2022, 08:58 PM
It is interesting how they are still seen this way by some people to some extent. The French got over the sovereign idea in what... 1793?

Quite, and some are so evolved in this egalitarian world but have a celebrity or royal grace their presence and they are a quivering puddle of goo. Nobody should give a rip about a monarchy or that TMZ is on TV... but they do.

Black Diamond
09-10-2022, 09:43 PM

jimnyc
09-16-2022, 08:09 AM
^^ I saw another of a picture of Charles, and the caption was "man finally gets a job after 73 years". :laugh:

jimnyc
09-16-2022, 08:11 AM
On another note...

Apparently Harry and Meghan are upset once again as the new king will not grant their children the titles of "HRH", his or her royal highness. But they do get prince and princess titles.

For a couple of people living in America, no longer working for the crown - have been attacking the royal family - and still expect to be pampered and gifted. Tough shit.

Gunny
09-16-2022, 04:36 PM
On another note...

Apparently Harry and Meghan are upset once again as the new king will not grant their children the titles of "HRH", his or her royal highness. But they do get prince and princess titles.

For a couple of people living in America, no longer working for the crown - have been attacking the royal family - and still expect to be pampered and gifted. Tough shit.Something I noticed is the MSM has paid as much or more attention to what Harry and Meghan are saying and/or doing as the Queen's send off.

Just anything to stir up shit :rolleyes: