PDA

View Full Version : Why Barr is breaking from Trump — and the GOP — over Mar-a-Lago search

Gunny
09-11-2022, 11:07 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3636565-why-barr-is-breaking-from-trump-and-the-gop-over-mar-a-lago-search/

IMO, Barr is technically correct, as are the DOJ's charges. Has nothing to do with my personal opinions. I suspect not Barr's either, but I can't speak for him.

As a stand alone issue, removing classified material from a secure location and storing it in an unsecure location is a violation of the law. The argument that as President Trump can declassify anything doesn't wash because, in light of an new evidence to the contrary, he did not go through the administrative procedure to do so.

IMO, Barr's loyalties are misplaced. Don't mean loyalty to Trump either. If he is this law and order guy, and his loyalty is to THAT, he shouldn't be confusing it with a partisan, weaponized DOJ taking down a political enemy by whatever means necessary. The DOJ is nothing but a farce of the term "law and order".

fj1200
09-11-2022, 11:11 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3636565-why-barr-is-breaking-from-trump-and-the-gop-over-mar-a-lago-search/

IMO, Barr is technically correct, as are the DOJ's charges. Has nothing to do with my personal opinions. I suspect not Barr's either, but I can't speak for him.

As a stand alone issue, removing classified material from a secure location and storing it in an unsecure location is a violation of the law. The argument that as President Trump can declassify anything doesn't wash because, in light of an new evidence to the contrary, he did not go through the administrative procedure to do so.

IMO, Barr's loyalties are misplaced. Don't mean loyalty to Trump either. If he is this law and order guy, and his loyalty is to THAT, he shouldn't be confusing it with a partisan, weaponized DOJ taking down a political enemy by whatever means necessary. The DOJ is nothing but a farce of the term "law and order".

I disagree. One thing I appreciate is consistency and IMO he's been consistent. He could also be loyal to DOJ which may unecessarily be getting a bad rap. As you point out illegal is illegal.

Gunny
09-11-2022, 12:04 PM
I disagree. One thing I appreciate is consistency and IMO he's been consistent. He could also be loyal to DOJ which may unecessarily be getting a bad rap. As you point out illegal is illegal.I'm fine with consistency. I AM for law and order regardless which way the hammer falls.

We don't have that. Hillary's selling tee shirts on the internet about her server, mocking the "no stone left unturned" witch hunt who IS the "enemy of the State". This whole Trump/Jan 6th charade the left is playing is what has people like me saying "So what?" The only thing the left/Dems/DOJ/MSM have been consistent about is the 180 degree rules it employs in regard to left and right. Law applies only to the right.

I would be far more willing to see Trump charged and convicted for being a dumbass (which is what this is actually about) if Hillary was watching it from behind bars. If the Governor of Oregon, Mayors of Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Minneapolis were sitting next to her. If the Dems were enforcing the Border with the diligence they are digging at every word Trump has ever said.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone tried and convicted for "crimes" against the State to suit the Reich's political agenda are just political casualties.

The Dems are so stupid they can't see they are hurting themselves and their persecution far more than they are accomplishing anything. Had they been consistent in their application of the law, far less people would be supporting Trump. THEY have made him a victim of political persecution and going against that is more important to most people than the letter of the law and the fact that Trump is a boorish prig.

Meanwhile, people who do rest on the letter of the law and look only at a single case rather than the big picture overall are part and parcel to the unequal, so-called justice.

fj1200
09-11-2022, 12:30 PM
^The idea in my book is to be better than those on the other side. It's one thing to call out inconsistency while being consistent than to just say turnabout is fairplay.

Gunny
09-11-2022, 03:15 PM
^The idea in my book is to be better than those on the other side. It's one thing to call out inconsistency while being consistent than to just say turnabout is fairplay.Then what are you being consistent about? "I support law and order no matter how one-sided it's enforced"?

I have a SERIOUS issue with a posse of cattle rustlers lynching a horse thief.

fj1200
09-11-2022, 03:20 PM
Then what are you being consistent about? "I support law and order no matter how one-sided it's enforced"?

I have a SERIOUS issue with a posse of cattle rustlers lynching a horse thief.

If you don't support law and order consistently then don't expect it to be consistent. Don't let the cattle rustlers off scot free because they knocked of a horse thief for you.

Gunny
09-11-2022, 03:21 PM
I haven't watched this whole video. Only the part about the 35 raids against Trump supporters. Whether or not there actually have been 35 raids is never supported, just discussed. The discussion surrounding the allegation is what is of interest to me mostly because it supports what I've been saying the whole time. Trump took on "the Swamp" and it ate him. I agree with most of the comments regarding the "establishment" and its striking back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K1qnWkFzbA