PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Notice Rising Gas Prices Again?

Kathianne
09-15-2022, 03:25 PM
Ours up over $.20 in past 4 days. :(

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 03:59 PM
I see it now. Lol

I love how it says "cheap gas" LOL

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 04:06 PM
It had been around $5 at the name brand stations a couple weeks ago. Anyone know how much we have left in reserves? Smh.

Wondering how much Brandon depleted them for nothing.

Kathianne
09-15-2022, 04:42 PM
It had been around $5 at the name brand stations a couple weeks ago. Anyone know how much we have left in reserves? Smh.

Wondering how much Brandon depleted them for nothing.

Reserves are and are going to be a problem:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-13/biden-officials-mull-buying-oil-at-around-80-to-refill-reserves

The following doesn't account for the very recent increases seen in last few days:

The US may begin refilling its emergency oil reserve when crude prices dip below $80 a barrel, according to people familiar with the matter.

Biden administration officials are weighing the timing of such a move, with an eye toward protecting US oil-production growth and preventing crude prices from plummeting, said the people, who asked not to be named sharing internal deliberations.

The discussions come as West Texas Intermediate, the U.S. benchmark, plunged to almost $81 a barrel last week, its lowest level since January. While President Joe Biden in March ordered the release of an historic 180 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve -- an effort to tame skyrocketing oil and gas prices -- officials are now aiming to slow those releases to keep the market in check heading into the winter.

Gunny
09-15-2022, 05:04 PM
Ours up over $.20 in past 4 days. :(I wasn't sure. I noticed they changed but couldn't recall if they went up or down. They dropped a bit here.

If the Dems screw over their deal with Manchin I suspect they're going to go right back up to where they were.

Kathianne
09-15-2022, 05:07 PM
I wasn't sure. I noticed they changed but couldn't recall if they went up or down. They dropped a bit here.

If the Dems screw over their deal with Manchin I suspect they're going to go right back up to where they were.

Ours hit a high of $4.80; then started to fall. Low was $3.60, now 3.95 at cheap gas place. Like I said, $.20 of it is in past 4 days!

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 05:10 PM
Ours hit a high of $4.80; then started to fall. Low was $3.60, now 3.95 at cheap gas place. Like I said, $.20 of it is in past 4 days!

I have a Costco membership through work. I buy their gas when I go there. It helps a bit. I feel for those who live paycheck to paycheck.

Gunny
09-15-2022, 05:12 PM
Ours hit a high of $4.80; then started to fall. Low was $3.60, now 3.95 at cheap gas place. Like I said, $.20 of it is in past 4 days!Now I'll have to look :) Ours moved about 30 cents. I doubt it went down if your sent up.

I get gas about once a month and go almost nowhere. I have been keeping it above 3/4 though. It has in the past moved over a dollar between trips to the gas station for me.

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 05:16 PM
We should all buy electric vehicles. Simple solution right? Especially for those living paycheck to paycheck. Get an $800 car payment that will fix your fuel woes.

Gunny
09-15-2022, 05:19 PM
We should all buy electric vehicles. Simple solution right? Especially for those living paycheck to paycheck. Get an $800 car payment that will fix your fuel woes.Once people see what they've really bought with this whole EV bullshit, and solar and wind power and we're sitting around freezing our asses off like Europe is going to do this winter I suspect there will be some serious political blowback.

Unfortunately, it will have to come to that first.

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 05:20 PM
Once people see what they've really bought with this whole EV bullshit, and solar and wind power and we're sitting around freezing our asses off like Europe is going to do this winter I suspect there will be some serious political blowback.

Unfortunately, it will have to come to that first.

It usually does.

Kathianne
09-15-2022, 05:27 PM
We should all buy electric vehicles. Simple solution right? Especially for those living paycheck to paycheck. Get an $800 car payment that will fix your fuel woes.
Well except in CA, where even if not paycheck-to-paycheck, rolling blackouts threaten a moratorium on charging the vehicles. Even Euripe has awoke to where Green is currently, but not DC or CA.

Gunny
09-15-2022, 05:31 PM
Well except in CA, where even if not paycheck-to-paycheck, rolling blackouts threaten a moratorium on charging the vehicles. Even Euripe has awoke to where Green is currently, but not DC or CA.Too much money and power at stake for the US government greenies and its greenie supporters to change course without being forced to. They have manufactured a whole industry and belief on this farce and many of them would rather take the ship down with all hands than lose.

Not the Republican't's though. They appear fine and dandy with losing. Again :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 05:35 PM
Well except in CA, where even if not paycheck-to-paycheck, rolling blackouts threaten a moratorium on charging the vehicles. Even Euripe has awoke to where Green is currently, but not DC or CA.

Oh exactly. Imagine the whole nation plugging in and not 10 percent or less of the vehicles. Every time there's an "extreme heat warning" which we get Every. Single. Year. And they act like it's never happened before. People would "have to" set their AC at 85 for weeks. And no one could drive.

Gunny
09-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Oh exactly. Imagine the whole nation plugging in and not 10 percent or less of the vehicles. Every time there's an "extreme heat warning" which we get Every. Single. Year. And they act like it's never happened before. People would "have to" set their AC at 85 for weeks. And no one could drive.The grid cannot handle EVs. The grid is powered by fossil fuels. This whole thing is a lie. All it does is shift who gets the money from those fossil fuels. The greentards are trying to take the power and money from the oil companies.

Once could say what does it matter who screws us out of our money? The oil companies are generally conservative and the greentards are progressive morons. Regardless, Biden and his stringpullers are putting US on the hook for this money.

The US Government has been out of control with our money since the Whiskey Rebellion and Hamilton talked Washington into the tax, then enforcing it with the US military. Nothing's changed.

jimnyc
09-16-2022, 08:18 AM
I can't say in the past 48, but I did fill up like 5 days ago or so and it cost me like $91 I think, and that's for a typical 20 gallon or so tank on my truck.

And to think, I used to fill up my cars with $20 when I first started driving!! I think gas was anywhere from $1 to $1.20 at that time. Can't say how many times I popped $5 in my car and got 2 to 3 days around town. And now $5 of gas may get me back home from the station, about 1/4 from my house.

Mr. P
09-16-2022, 12:36 PM
Let's go Brandon!

Gunny
09-25-2022, 11:41 AM
Odd. Price of gas has dropped under $3. here. That's why I wasn't sure about my response when Kathianne first posted this. Hope it sticks where it is until payday :)

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/gasoline-prices-rise-fifth-straight-day

Kathianne
09-25-2022, 01:07 PM
Odd. Price of gas has dropped under $3. here. That's why I wasn't sure about my response when Kathianne first posted this. Hope it sticks where it is until payday :)

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/gasoline-prices-rise-fifth-straight-day

Definitely odd. Ours jumped another .$10! 3.99 to 4.09.

jimnyc
09-25-2022, 01:11 PM
All the stations here down a tad to the upper $3's and lower $4 area. Of course my usual closest station is at $4.29 still. That's the crook guy who always got my computer help and never wanted to compensate in any way, just free support. And now he's probably overpricing in addition to the already stupid prices.

I need me one of those $80,000 electric thingies. :)

Gunny
09-25-2022, 01:52 PM
Definitely odd. Ours jumped another .$10! 3.99 to 4.09.$2.98 twenty minutes ago. Granted, gas is/has been generally less expensive here than a lot of places. Cost of living is as well (but catching up thanks to Bidenomics and the California Invasion). Was up to me, we'd take our oil and natural gas off the national grid same as we have our electricity.

Arizona is a more expensive place to live than here by far. I remember than from traveling through a lot when I was on active duty. I rarely shopped off base in CA. Definitely used the base gas station :)

I am curious though as to why it has gone down here and on the rise elsewhere. If I get around to it I might try to see if there's an exact reason.

Kathianne
09-25-2022, 02:08 PM
Here's an explanation, not certain on validity though makes sense:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/arizona/refinery-issues-in-california-leading-to-high-gas-prices-in-arizona/75-09bd8b96-6c93-48ce-a1f9-d9579078f057

Gunny
09-25-2022, 05:07 PM
Here's an explanation, not certain on validity though makes sense:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/arizona/refinery-issues-in-california-leading-to-high-gas-prices-in-arizona/75-09bd8b96-6c93-48ce-a1f9-d9579078f057I can believe it. California is idiotville when it comes to vehicles, emissions, etc. I recall their gas is "oxygenated" along with a healthy dose of ethanol. It's gas is just above whatever the line is to kick over and run a gas powered engine.

If AZ requires the same standards, sounds like you're at Newsome's mercy. California is a nice enough place in some places but its people and their politics suck and make the place suck.

BoogyMan
09-25-2022, 06:13 PM
It is definitely headed back up. After Joe Biden lied through his teeth that in 41 states the average gas price was below 3.00 per gallon I started digging and found the AAA site.

Check this out: https://gasprices.aaa.com/

Gunny
09-26-2022, 06:25 PM
Down 4 cents to $2.94 this afternoon.

They're waiting for payday to jack it up about a half dollar, I'm sure:smoke:

Kathianne
09-30-2022, 09:18 PM
Avg price went up $.30 gal. overnight. I don't think it's stopping at AZ either.

Kathianne
10-01-2022, 01:25 PM
Avg price went up $.30 gal. overnight. I don't think it's stopping at AZ either.

Well it's mainly the West with big spikes, but the slow increase is heading country-wide:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/10/01/no-gas-prices-are-not-still-going-down-n500195

Black Diamond
10-01-2022, 05:36 PM
Yeah I had to go into California for work. Gas was as high as $6.69.

Gunny
10-01-2022, 05:56 PM
The went up to $2.99 here for 2-3 days. Today $2.87. Thought as well they were supposed to be going back up. Odd how they react immediately to news when oil is bought on futures :rolleyes: