PDA

View Full Version : China: Has Many Problems Of Its Own

Kathianne
09-15-2022, 05:02 PM
Sorry, Putin. Covid has clobbered China, the government has made it worse. Couldn't be more fair to the rest of the world. Their overextended economy actually makes ours look healthy, that's how bad theirs is. The business and banking leaders are not so sold on lifetime rule, will play out.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/09/15/auto-draft-66-n496911

Putin's meeting with Xi Jinping may not have gone as well as he hoped
JOHN SEXTON 5:27 PM on September 15, 2022

China is supporting Russia economically as the rest of the world is either forced or chooses to stop buying Russian energy. But what’s obviously missing here is a full-throated defense of Russia’s actions or a commitment to support Russia’s military at a time when it is clearly in trouble. The Chinese and Russian navies did have some joint exercises but nothing more than that.

You have to read between the lines a bit here but it does appear that Putin went to this meeting seeking a little bit of solidarity from a fellow authoritarian and looking to stoke a conflict with the west and instead of China joining in all of that Xi replied with some cool language about “strong support to each other on issues concerning their respective core interests.” I’m not a mind reader but I suspect Xi Jinping has decided he has enough problems right now without adding Russia’s self-inflicted problems onto his plate. Xi would probably love to give the finger to Europe and the US but with his economy already struggling he can’t afford the kind of sanctions Russia is dealing with.

Even the seating during this meeting didn’t indicate a great desire to be close. Look how far apart they were. And someone else joked that the thing in between them looks a bit like a coffin.

Gunny
09-15-2022, 05:08 PM
Sorry, Putin. Covid has clobbered China, the government has made it worse. Couldn't be more fair to the rest of the world. Their overextended economy actually makes ours look healthy, that's how bad theirs is. The business and banking leaders are not so sold on lifetime rule, will play out.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/09/15/auto-draft-66-n496911I am s-o-o-o trying to work up some sympathy and a tear or two here :laugh:

I don't see China moving too far afield militarily. It doesn't fit with its long-term goal.

Kathianne
09-15-2022, 05:10 PM
I am s-o-o-o trying to work up some sympathy and a tear or two here :laugh:

I don't see China moving too far afield militarily. It doesn't fit with its long-term goal.

Like nukes with Puting losing in Ukraine, lots of talk about China hitting Taiwan before the reality of economic picture truly hits. I don't know that either country is that willing to risk consequences of those actions.

Gunny
09-15-2022, 05:16 PM
Like nukes with Puting losing in Ukraine, lots of talk about China hitting Taiwan before the reality of economic picture truly hits. I don't know that either country is that willing to risk consequences of those actions.I put noting past Pooh. He reacts emotionally and irrationally at times which is NOT part of Eastern philosophy.

I think his biggest issue with invading Taiwan is his military is not prepared to get across the Strait in any real sizeable fashion. Striking Taiwan with taking control of it seems pointless. He may be "Fearless Leader" of China, but just like Putin, he's got a lot of other commies to keep happy if he likes his job.

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 05:18 PM
I put noting past Pooh. He reacts emotionally and irrationally at times which is NOT part of Eastern philosophy.

I think his biggest issue with invading Taiwan is his military is not prepared to get across the Strait in any real sizeable fashion. Striking Taiwan with taking control of it seems pointless. He may be "Fearless Leader" of China, but just like Putin, he's got a lot of other commies to keep happy if he likes his job.

Is it me or does Taiwan have the same advantage Britain had in 1940

Gunny
09-15-2022, 05:26 PM
Is it me or does Taiwan have the same advantage Britain had in 1940No. I can see the comparison, but technology therefore time is completely different game now. China could, if it desired, sit back and lob missiles at Taiwan until it surrendered or was turned to rubble. I'm sure they would care about as much as Putin has turning entire cities into rubble.

The Germans were working on it but its technology didn't advance fast enough and its industry was unable to support it. They had to fly over the channel in bombers and the one thing the Brits did have was radar on top of its radar. Nothing moved over the Channel that they didn't know about.

Hitler finally called off Operation Sea Lion (the amphibious invasion of Great Britain) because he could not gain control of the air. Regardless our intentions, China has a distinct advantage getting missiles on Taiwan over Taiwan and the US from 3k miles away defending against them.

Black Diamond
09-15-2022, 05:28 PM
No. I can see the comparison, but technology therefore time is completely different game now. China could, if it desired, sit back and lob missiles at Taiwan until it surrendered or was turned to rubble. I'm sure they would care about as much as Putin has turning entire cities into rubble.

The Germans were working on it but its technology didn't advance fast enough and its industry was unable to support it. They had to fly over the channel in bombers and the one thing the Brits did have was radar on top of its radar. Nothing moved over the Channel that they didn't know about.

Hitler finally called off Operation Sea Lion (the amphibious invasion of Great Britain) because he could not gain control of the air. Regardless our intentions, China has a distinct advantage getting missiles on Taiwan over Taiwan and the US from 3k miles away defending against them.

Good stuff thanks.