PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Again

Kathianne
09-16-2022, 02:40 PM
Not that I really stopped, but after the quit smoking, I need to lose about 10lbs. So, last night I made Mediterranean Chicken and also Beef and Broccoli for work dinners. Prepped a bunch of veggies for snacks and easy prepping. Fruits and nuts stashed. ;)

Gunny
09-16-2022, 04:31 PM
Not that I really stopped, but after the quit smoking, I need to lose about 10lbs. So, last night I made Mediterranean Chicken and also Beef and Broccoli for work dinners. Prepped a bunch of veggies for snacks and easy prepping. Fruits and nuts stashed. ;)

Smokes have gone up from $22 for 4 packs to $28 for 4 packs. I'm probably going to have to put some effort into quitting.

I started cooking again this week so I didn't drop off the planet. That flu I had killed any appetite I had for anything I normally eat. If I don't eat meat my weight drops drastically and rapidly. And btw, the price for 2 steaks has gone up about $5.

I mention price referencing your thread on gas. It isn't one big, hit you in the face increase in price. It's mostly the price of essentials that has risen across the board and it adds up quickly. The price of "luxury" items has remained about the same or maybe a little higher. Hot Wheels cars went up a dime each.

Kathianne
08-23-2023, 01:07 PM
Still cooking, but weight is being stubborn. Ah well, it's not like it's 50lbs or something.

Got Coconut Chicken Tandoori; Sesame Chicken Teriyaki; and Black Pepper Beef on frozen rotation. Also put up some Pumpkin Oatmeal for mornings-just heat, add cranraisins and nuts. Yum.

SassyLady
08-24-2023, 12:48 AM
I like to eat out ... don't like cooking. Nowadays I only eat half my meal and bring rest home for a 2nd meal. Now I get two meals for the price of one.

Speaking of weight ... I had major surgery in March. Hiatal hernia repair and a fundoplication because of GERD. I'm down 40 lbs. Did it the hard way and not through diet and exercise. Then just as I was getting stamina back to start walking ... fractured my foot.

I think my foot should be healed about the time it starts cooling down enough to walk again. Because of the fundoplication (wrapping portion of stomach around esophagus) I had to be on clear liquid diet for 2 weeks and then jello/pudding texture for 2 weeks. Lost 20 lbs in first 2 weeks. Took almost 3 months before I could eat normal again but can't eat as much at one sitting like I used to.

Good news is no more heartburn or hernia pain. Yay!

Kathianne
08-24-2023, 02:54 AM
I like to eat out ... don't like cooking. Nowadays I only eat half my meal and bring rest home for a 2nd meal. Now I get two meals for the price of one.

Speaking of weight ... I had major surgery in March. Hiatal hernia repair and a fundoplication because of GERD. I'm down 40 lbs. Did it the hard way and not through diet and exercise. Then just as I was getting stamina back to start walking ... fractured my foot.

I think my foot should be healed about the time it starts cooling down enough to walk again. Because of the fundoplication (wrapping portion of stomach around esophagus) I had to be on clear liquid diet for 2 weeks and then jello/pudding texture for 2 weeks. Lost 20 lbs in first 2 weeks. Took almost 3 months before I could eat normal again but can't eat as much at one sitting like I used to.

Good news is no more heartburn or hernia pain. Yay!

Wow! Glad you're feeling better, but hard way to go.

Kathianne
09-09-2023, 04:37 PM
SassyLady

I was out your way, but last minute decision so no call. Went to Trader Joe's on Broadway, I think the one I used to go to changed to Safeway? Then went to Portillos. I'm such a happy camper.

Got all the fall pumpkin stuff to start off fall right!

Black Diamond
09-09-2023, 04:38 PM
They need to bring portillos to Las Vegas

Kathianne
09-09-2023, 04:49 PM
They need to bring portillos to Las Vegas

I just love Portillos! When a kid, we went to the original 'Dog House' in Villa Park, the suburb just west of Elmhurst where I lived forever. LOL! By 8 we rode our bikes there-I never liked hot dogs, but would get fries and chocolate shake. My brother and friends would literally buy 5 hot dogs each! Blah! LOL!

I love their Italian Beef and Hamburgers and Salads and chocolate cake!

AHZ
09-09-2023, 04:55 PM
@SassyLady (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=83)

I was out your way, but last minute decision so no call. Went to Trader Joe's on Broadway, I think the one I used to go to changed to Safeway? Then went to Portillos. I'm such a happy camper.

Karen Alert!
:dance:

Kathianne
09-09-2023, 05:00 PM
Karen Alert!
:dance:
Even on a thread like this, you seem compelled to be an ass. So, banned.

SassyLady
09-09-2023, 08:10 PM
SassyLady

Sorry we missed each other. We're sitting out back watching the wildlife. Went swimming earlier.

Trade Joe's is still on Oracle in Oro Valley. It's a lot closer than the Broadway location.

Kathianne
09-27-2023, 06:11 PM
I saw that Jim is working on diet again, oatmeal playing a large part. Took a mental health day today, made two different baked oatmeal recipes, for quick grab hot or cold. Carrot cake oatmeal bars and peanut butter chocolate banana cups. Low sugar, carrots, bananas add sugar. Peanut butter too. Each is under 200 calories, so win!

Kathianne
12-22-2023, 01:11 PM
Lentil is just finished. Split pea and 15 bean getting started. I'm loving the vacuum sealer, no more freezer burn and everything is organized. There are few things where I wonder, 'How did I do without this for so long?' This is one.