PDA

View Full Version : New York AG sues Trump over fraud allegations

Gunny
09-21-2022, 04:34 PM
What a joke. This is the best NY can do? I'm really beyond bored with the crucifixion of Donald Trump :rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-ag-sues-trump-fraud-allegations

Black Diamond
09-21-2022, 04:56 PM
What would they do if trump died? Oh yeah. DeSantis.

fj1200
09-21-2022, 04:58 PM
Tax fraud. They don't like that.

icansayit
09-21-2022, 06:26 PM
Democrats must be convinced that keeping TRUMP included in Federal Investigations that IT WILL PREVENT HIM FROM LEGALLY RUNNING while any Investigation is underway.
Their problem is (and they know it). The Constitution does not cover such actions.
So, by ignoring the Law, and the Constitution. They are convinced Trump wont run.
.........UNTIL...another big problem ruins all of their HILLARY HOPES from the past.

NAMELY.....RON DESANTIS.

Gunny
09-22-2022, 05:09 PM
Tax fraud. They don't like that.Unless they are the ones doing it.

Gunny
09-22-2022, 05:14 PM
Democrats must be convinced that keeping TRUMP included in Federal Investigations that IT WILL PREVENT HIM FROM LEGALLY RUNNING while any Investigation is underway.
Their problem is (and they know it). The Constitution does not cover such actions.
So, by ignoring the Law, and the Constitution. They are convinced Trump wont run.
.........UNTIL...another big problem ruins all of their HILLARY HOPES from the past.

NAMELY.....RON DESANTIS.They're going to nail him for something to disqualify him. Been saying that since the Russian Collusion hoax. It doesn't matter what they come up with. His loyal followers won't believe it, and his attackers will swear by it. Any objectivity where Trump is concerned has long gone out the window.

He hasn't helped his own cause with his behavior.

Russ
09-22-2022, 07:19 PM
My understanding is that this NY State Dem AG is bringing a lawsuit against Trump for inflating the value of his assets when he obtained loans from banks.

Correct my if I'm wrong, but if he did do that, shouldn't it be on the banks to bring the lawsuit? Not some Dem AG with a political agenda? And for most people applying for loans, the bank doesn't take your word for it when you list your assets - you have to provide some proof. You can't just drop by the First National Bank, tell them you have $1 million deposited at the Second National Bank, and they take your word for it and loan you $500,000.

The whole idea of this lawsuit is screaming "political hack job". Trump should be able to counter-sue this AG and the State of NY for court costs and for libel.

Gunny
09-22-2022, 07:47 PM
My understanding is that this NY State Dem AG is bringing a lawsuit against Trump for inflating the value of his assets when he obtained loans from banks.

Correct my if I'm wrong, but if he did do that, shouldn't it be on the banks to bring the lawsuit? Not some Dem AG with a political agenda? And for most people applying for loans, the bank doesn't take your word for it when you list your assets - you have to provide some proof. You can't just drop by the First National Bank, tell them you have $1 million deposited at the Second National Bank, and they take your word for it and loan you $500,000.

The whole idea of this lawsuit is screaming "political hack job". Trump should be able to counter-sue this AG and the State of NY for court costs and for libel.I don't know enough about the law but that is exactly what screamed at me first. The AG for the State of NY is bringing a civil lawsuit against a citizen?

That just sounds all wrong to me.

fj1200
09-22-2022, 08:43 PM

The whole idea of this lawsuit is screaming "political hack job". Trump should be able to counter-sue this AG and the State of NY for court costs and for libel.

Tax fraud because they undervalued the assets for taxation purposes.

Gunny
09-22-2022, 09:12 PM
Tax fraud because they undervalued the assets for taxation purposes.Is not tax fraud a criminal offense? Seems to me the AG would just charge him with a criminal violation of the law if that was the case.

Who's the injured party and what the alleged damages? That's how I understand civil law.

Doesn't make sense.

fj1200
09-22-2022, 09:17 PM
Is not tax fraud a criminal offense? Seems to me the AG would just charge him with a criminal violation of the law if that was the case.

Who's the injured party and what the alleged damages? That's how I understand civil law.

Doesn't make sense.

Oops, you're right. The link references civil offenses by the NY AG. It said criminal allegations are getting forwarded. More charges to come I'm sure.

fj1200
09-22-2022, 09:19 PM

Sorry, you're right about the civil trial. The criminal charges are forthingcoming I believe.