PDA

View Full Version : Dems attack GOP candidate over women's suffrage posts after spending nearly $500K to

Gunny
09-22-2022, 07:19 PM
New Dem tactic: vote in Republican primaries to get candidates they want to beat up on later. Nothing shady about that :rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-attack-gop-candidate-over-womens-suffrage-posts-after-spending-nearly-500000-help-him-win-primary

Russ
09-22-2022, 07:22 PM
New Dem tactic: vote in Republican primaries to get candidates they want to beat up on later. Nothing shady about that :rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-attack-gop-candidate-over-womens-suffrage-posts-after-spending-nearly-500000-help-him-win-primary

Shouldn't it be illegal for the slimy Dem party to do this? This is literally a bigger threat to our Democracy than Jan 6th.

Gunny
09-22-2022, 07:48 PM
Shouldn't it be illegal for the slimy Dem party to do this? This is literally a bigger threat to our Democracy than Jan 6th.I think it should be. It may technically be legal, but it sure isn't within my scope of free and fair election. Matter of fact, what it amounts to is cheating the citizens of their legitimate votes.

SassyLady
09-22-2022, 11:25 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-attack-gop-candidate-over-womens-suffrage-posts-after-spending-nearly-500000-help-him-win-primaryLiz Cheney was openly asking Democrat voters to vote for her.

I'm an Independent and I can choose which ballot I want to vote with for the primaries without changing my party. Works for me.

Gunny
09-23-2022, 05:44 PM
Liz Cheney was openly asking Democrat voters to vote for her.

I'm an Independent and I can choose which ballot I want to vote with for the primaries without changing my party. Works for me.This has nothing to do with whether or not one is tied to one party or another. Voting in the other party's primary to skew the election results is no different than stealing votes and/or choosing the other party's candidates for them. It's shady.

I am an independent voter as well. The one primary I voted for one Dem over the other was to keep that shady, wannabe Squad member out of Congress. I said straight up it was shady. I would be fine with it not being allowed at all. The Dems are weaponizing it. The Republicans don't have the balls, but if by some miracle they found a set and did same, the Dems would be screaming election fraud loud enough to be heard on the Moon.

It's bad business.

SassyLady
09-23-2022, 07:26 PM
This has nothing to do with whether or not one is tied to one party or another. Voting in the other party's primary to skew the election results is no different than stealing votes and/or choosing the other party's candidates for them. It's shady.

I am an independent voter as well. The one primary I voted for one Dem over the other was to keep that shady, wannabe Squad member out of Congress. I said straight up it was shady. I would be fine with it not being allowed at all. The Dems are weaponizing it. The Republicans don't have the balls, but if by some miracle they found a set and did same, the Dems would be screaming election fraud loud enough to be heard on the Moon.

It's bad business.

I have never voted in either party for someone I didn't want to win. I've never voted against a candidate. I, too, think it's shady.

Gunny
09-23-2022, 07:36 PM
I have never voted in either party for someone I didn't want to win. I've never voted against a candidate. I, too, think it's shady.I'd have never thought of it. I learned it watching the Dems in OH and PA primaries.

I can only take so much. Denying a wannabe member of "the Squad" representing my district is above and beyond any guilt I feel about pulling a shady, lib stunt.

Edit: I should also mention Cuellar votes with Republicans on abortion and military. That's why the Progs targeted him. He's more conservative than some Republicans I see.

Black Diamond
09-23-2022, 07:53 PM
Didn't rush Limbaugh start this with "operation chaos"?

fj1200
09-24-2022, 06:47 AM
Not shady at all. GA has open primaries and you can choose each election cycle which one to participate in. I have voted Dem primaries because in my county especially if I want to have a choice in an election then my only option is in the Dem primary.

The shadiness of the OP is that the Dems spent a lot of money on particular candidates that they now decry. If that candidate was so bad then why are they risking them being elected in the general. Not shady; hypocritical.

fj1200
09-24-2022, 06:51 AM
Didn't rush Limbaugh start this with "operation chaos"?

I don't think started is the right word.

Gunny
09-24-2022, 05:05 PM
Not shady at all. GA has open primaries and you can choose each election cycle which one to participate in. I have voted Dem primaries because in my county especially if I want to have a choice in an election then my only option is in the Dem primary.

The shadiness of the OP is that the Dems spent a lot of money on particular candidates that they now decry. If that candidate was so bad then why are they risking them being elected in the general. Not shady; hypocritical.

I consider it shady. It skews and/or can alter results from straight-up, honest voting. If you want to say it is currently legal, I agree. It is.

Still shady when one's whole goal has nothing to do with the best candidate and everything to do with f-ing over the other side for a win.

SassyLady
09-24-2022, 08:17 PM
I consider it shady. It skews and/or can alter results from straight-up, honest voting. If you want to say it is currently legal, I agree. It is.

Still shady when one's whole goal has nothing to do with the best candidate and everything to do with f-ing over the other side for a win.
Scenario ... Democrats voting for bottom tier republican candidate hoping they win the primary but can't beat their candidate in the general. Or vice versa. A little unethical and definitely skews the will of the people in my opinion.

fj1200
09-24-2022, 08:17 PM

The spending money? Hypocrisy.

Voting in an open party system? Sometimes necessary. As I said I have no choice in some races if I don't exercise a choice in the Dem primary; my vote against Cynthia McKinney? Straight up legal and honest, she was an embarrassment. Voting for Sharpton in a POTUS primary a few years back? Just a fun exercise.

Concerted party efforts? I'd agree. Shady.

Gunny
09-24-2022, 08:27 PM
The spending money? Hypocrisy.

Voting in an open party system? Sometimes necessary. As I said I have no choice in some races if I don't exercise a choice in the Dem primary; my vote against Cynthia McKinney? Straight up legal and honest, she was an embarrassment. Voting for Sharpton in a POTUS primary a few years back? Just a fun exercise.

Concerted party efforts? I'd agree. Shady.I don't see the necessity in a honest voting system. You vote for your guy and win or lose. Simple, fair and honest.

Someone else doing it doesn't make it right. That line of thinking would make Trump's behavior treating Dems as they treat others excusable.

I am quite aware of the difference between the ideal and the reality, btw :)