PDA

View Full Version : She's Not Up For Re-election Now

Kathianne
09-26-2022, 06:46 PM
Depending who is running against in 2 years, she may get my vote:

POLITICS (https://www.wsj.com/news/politics?mod=breadcrumb)

Kyrsten Sinema Backs Strong Senate Filibuster, Draws Mitch McConnell’s Praise

Arizona Democrat, stressing bipartisanship, has blocked party’s efforts to end 60-vote threshold for legislation

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kyrsten-sinema-calls-for-reinstating-senate-filibuster-for-presidents-nominees-11664221162?st=la47o6mjh7e8ycf&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

NightTrain
09-26-2022, 07:58 PM
Yeah.... I'm thankful that she's blocking it.

But then again, she is a democrat. I was cautiously approving of Manchin until he foolishly went along with the latest moonbat boondoggle. Now he's not going to get what he wanted with energy and we're all stuck with another trillion dollars worth of inflation. He got played.

I mean, if you HAD to have a lib, I suppose she'd be the best scenario but I'd vote for a snake of a republican before I'd pull the lever for her. I'd even vote for Romney before a democrat!

Gunny
09-26-2022, 07:59 PM
Depending who is running against in 2 years, she may get my vote:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kyrsten-sinema-calls-for-reinstating-senate-filibuster-for-presidents-nominees-11664221162?st=la47o6mjh7e8ycf&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalinkI forget what it was she did to raise the ire of the Gunny. Must have been important :laugh:

Good article. I've read some on her. I know she ran as a prog and they feel shat upon. The party as a whole probably doesn't have a warm and fuzzy over her holdout. She might be Cheney'd out.

Look at what she states she is for: moderation. compromise. Bipartisanship. Everything the Dems hate.

I'd have to see who she is running against. Then again, I don't vote in AZ :)

Kathianne
09-26-2022, 08:04 PM
I forget what it was she did to raise the ire of the Gunny. Must have been important :laugh:

Good article. I've read some on her. I know she ran as a prog and they feel shat upon. The party as a whole probably doesn't have a warm and fuzzy over her holdout. She might be Cheney'd out.

Look at what she states she is for: moderation. compromise. Bipartisanship. Everything the Dems hate.

Yep. Trust me, I will. I really don't want to vote for Kari Lake, but Hobbs is running against 'parent choices,' as a union candidate. The race is close so not comfortable taking a chance on education with write in vote.

BoogyMan
09-26-2022, 08:19 PM
I think this goes back to the liberal vs leftist discussion. It seems she subscribes more to the liberal mindset than the modern leftist mindset. I could always hold a discussion with a liberal, sit down and talk, remain friends, even enjoy their company. That is impossible with the modern leftist.

I forget what it was she did to raise the ire of the Gunny. Must have been important :laugh:

Kathianne
09-26-2022, 10:08 PM
I think this goes back to the liberal vs leftist discussion. It seems she subscribes more to the liberal mindset than the modern leftist mindset. I could always hold a discussion with a liberal, sit down and talk, remain friends, even enjoy their company. That is impossible with the modern leftist.
Indeed. One needs to concede there are some on the right that are the same as the leftists, just a different flavor. Discussion is likewise not possible regarding anything political.

Both extremes fear 'moderates,' as those are folks that may find some commonalities and find ways to work through issues.

BoogyMan
09-27-2022, 08:50 AM
Yep, I have a few in my family who call me a liberal because I had the nerve to say out loud that I wished DJT wouldn't try to goverb by EO. We have become a tribalist mess of what I call CAVE people (Citizens Against Virtually Everything).

Indeed. One needs to concede there are some on the right that are the same as the leftists, just a different flavor. Discussion is likewise not possible regarding anything political.

Both extremes fear 'moderates,' as those are folks that may find some commonalities and find ways to work through issues.

Gunny
09-27-2022, 09:00 AM
I think this goes back to the liberal vs leftist discussion. It seems she subscribes more to the liberal mindset than the modern leftist mindset. I could always hold a discussion with a liberal, sit down and talk, remain friends, even enjoy their company. That is impossible with the modern leftist.I guess you weren't a member last time I stated this. Probably because that leftist Gabby hasn't been around for me to throw it in her face.

I was raised in a liberal/Dem family. Most of them still are. There is absolutely nothing comparable to how I was raised and these braindead leftists calling themselves "liberals". Same can be applied to the leftist/media drumming home the message that "far right" is "fascist". They just change the definitions to suit their narrative. More on that in the Meloni thread (hopefully I get to it :))

What stood out to me about Sinema is right or wrong, good or bad, the impression is she ran on false pretenses to her prog constituents. She's going to have to come up with a base of support. I would have to read up more on her actual stances before making any for/against decision. I don't trust progressives nor Democrats to not turn and bit everyone on the ass.

Kathianne
09-27-2022, 09:23 AM
I guess you weren't a member last time I stated this. Probably because that leftist Gabby hasn't been around for me to throw it in her face.

I was raised in a liberal/Dem family. Most of them still are. There is absolutely nothing comparable to how I was raised and these braindead leftists calling themselves "liberals". Same can be applied to the leftist/media drumming home the message that "far right" is "fascist". They just change the definitions to suit their narrative. More on that in the Meloni thread (hopefully I get to it :))

What stood out to me about Sinema is right or wrong, good or bad, the impression is she ran on false pretenses to her prog constituents. She's going to have to come up with a base of support. I would have to read up more on her actual stances before making any for/against decision. I don't trust progressives nor Democrats to not turn and bit everyone on the ass.

She is progressive, on most issues. Heritage scores her 6% conservative, votes 94% of time with Biden; Kelly is 0%.

What she does stand for is the Constitution as the source of Congressional rules. She's against ending filibuster. She's willing to at least speak with opposition, something Biden refuses to do under normal circumstances.

Gunny
09-27-2022, 10:23 AM
She is progressive, on most issues. Heritage scores her 6% conservative, votes 94% of time with Biden; Kelly is 0%.

What she does stand for is the Constitution as the source of Congressional rules. She's against ending filibuster. She's willing to at least speak with opposition, something Biden refuses to do under normal circumstances.I do agree with her on the Constitution as the source of Congrssional rules. Too bad some others on both sides of the aisle can't learn from it.

I'm not sure how it ended up, but I know she opposed Biden's "tax the rich" scheme; which, as we know always trickles down and screws the middle class. I don't recall offhand if that ended up in Biden's "victory" or not. I know progs are trying to screw Manchin on his energy deal. I don't know where she stands on energy either. Some common sense on that topic could both make us (the US) wealthier AND help Europe this upcoming winter and Biden's ignoring it like he is the Border.