PDA

View Full Version : Patriotism and Unity

Gunny
10-02-2022, 11:40 AM
Can follow the link if you want but the quoted below is the entire statement.

Children should be taught to love America. This does not mean whitewashing the grievous stain of slavery on our history but does mean eliminating propaganda suggesting ours is a fundamentally bad country. We need to foster a shared American culture based on dignity and respect for all, which means protecting minorities but also governing with policies most people want. Group should not be set against group. Today’s radicals aim to divide us. We cannot let them succeed.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/patriotism-unity

Evmetro
10-02-2022, 06:34 PM

I'm glad to see unity associated with patriotism, and in the same thread as division. It is really important for us to remember the difference between unity and diversity. When groups of different people and races want to come together for church or a family function, we see unity. When the government or corporations force different groups of people and races to hang out together, it is diversity. Unity should be associated with patriotism in America, since it is what our country is supposed to be about. We will remain unified if we can stop woke diversity.

revelarts
10-03-2022, 09:43 AM

Children should be taught to love America....

Ill apologize ahead of time.. Sorta...

Ahem... Cough...

People should be taught to love all nations.
ALL nations matter.

Gunny
10-03-2022, 04:42 PM
I'm glad to see unity associated with patriotism, and in the same thread as division. It is really important for us to remember the difference between unity and diversity. When groups of different people and races want to come together for church or a family function, we see unity. When the government or corporations force different groups of people and races to hang out together, it is diversity. Unity should be associated with patriotism in America, since it is what our country is supposed to be about. We will remain unified if we can stop woke diversity."Diversity" is leftist code for DISunity/division. They can put all the lipstick on that pig all they want and it's still a pig.

Gunny
10-03-2022, 04:45 PM
Ill apologize ahead of time.. Sorta...

Ahem... Cough...

People should be taught to love all nations.
ALL nations matter.Coming from THE board anti-globalist? Not much unity from that thought to this. :smoke:

SassyLady
10-04-2022, 11:04 PM
It was a great article Gunny. Sad to hear that veterans are advising young men to not enlist which is a reflection of the failure of our government to our military.

Kathianne
10-05-2022, 09:16 AM
It was a great article Gunny. Sad to hear that veterans are advising young men to not enlist which is a reflection of the failure of our government to our military.
Agreed. For years now the same can be said of police and teachers as for advising young people they are close to to avoid the professions. It's no longer possible to serve in the ways that were available in the past.

Evmetro
10-07-2022, 08:07 PM
Coming from THE board anti-globalist? Not much unity from that thought to this. :smoke:

I feel kinda jealous of that title "THE board ant-globalist." I tip my hat his way, and I can see that I have my work cut out going forward.

Evmetro
10-07-2022, 08:09 PM
"Diversity" is leftist code for DISunity/division. They can put all the lipstick on that pig all they want and it's still a pig.

When I hear "diversity", I watch out for division and ugliness.

Gunny
10-08-2022, 11:32 AM
SassyLady

I have the unique perspective of having been at both ends of this stick. It's not as simple as advising someone because I still remember this:

There were no jobs that paid worth crap for 20 years olds. If you weren't from a family that had the means to carry you, which I was not, you were working your ass off at a full-time and a part-time job that paid peanuts to pay for that 3rd space on the couch in the 2 bedroom apt. Forget new clothes. High school leftovers would do. Buying gas at your allotted amount on your allotted day was a morale killer for sure.

Carter had killed the economy just like Biden's doing now. We're just not finished tanking yet. But talk about a rat in wheel with no exit sign.

The Marine Corps offered me a rack, minimum 2 meals a day (in the field), 3 when in the rear, a place to shower and shave, "new clothes, medical and dental, and less money than I was hustling to make on the outside. The pay difference was easily more than made up for with the benefits/subsistence.

Unless you walked up to me with a job that was going to cover all that, I'd listen to your advice then still do what was best for me. Carter was President, and the military was so hard up for bodies you could reenlist for the next higher rank to Cpl or Sgt. We were are 60-65% strength on good days.

Politics was on the periphery to survival. I was generally aware, but not absorbed by it. Probably still knew more then than kids who ARE absorbed with it now.

I suspect Biden's economy will fill the ranks with those who were just making it and Bidenomics pushed/is pushing them over the edge. Socioeconomics is a bitch that no one wants to look at because they're too busy making about color instead of class.

Those 20 years olds now were born after 9/11. They're the same number of years removed from 9/11 as I am Pearl Harbor. Their idea of "freedom" and government is post-9/11, post-Patriot Act. They've been dumbed down and brainwashed by the government/MSM and public education. I'm not even sure I speak the same language they do anymore :).

This military is so poorly led it's just looking for a place for alleged leadership to get it killed. I absolutely despise that woke activist, racist Lloyd Austin and anything above him in the chain of command. So I'm thinking "no".

But I have a roof, a bed, shower, clothes, insurance all paid for by service to the predecessor, Constitutional Government of the US. I'm not sure what the right answer would be if asked.

Gunny
10-09-2022, 06:07 PM
One answer to the problem :)

U.S. - A new policy issued by the United States Department of Defense, in conjunction with online platforms like Twitter and Facebook, will automatically enlist you to fight in a foreign war if you post your support for attacking another country.
People who bravely post about how the U.S. needs to invade some country in the Middle East or Asia or outer space will get a pop-up notice indicating they've been enlisted in the military. A recruiter will then show up at their house and whisk them away to fight in the foreign war they wanted to happen so badly.
"Frankly, recruitment numbers are down, and we needed some way to find people who are really enthusiastic about fighting wars," said a DOD official. "Then it hit us like a drone strike: there are plenty of people who argue vehemently for foreign intervention. It doesn't matter what war we're trying to create: Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, China---these people are always reliable supporters of any invasion abroad. So why not get them there on the frontlines?"
"After all, we want people who are passionate about occupying foreign lands, not grunts who are just there for the paycheck," he added.
Strangely, as soon as the policy was implemented, 99% of saber-rattling suddenly ceased.
https://babylonbee.com/news/people-who-tweet-in-support-of-foreign-wars-to-be-automatically-enlisted-in-armed-forces

icansayit
10-10-2022, 04:29 PM
It appears there are still many people who have no idea what the Babylon Bee really is. But I love the fact that so many of our fellow UNINFORMED Americans are CONVINCED....SATIRE is TRUTH.:laugh: