PDA

View Full Version : Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson wades into questioning about murky wetlands dispute as

Gunny
10-03-2022, 06:55 PM
I'm in agreement with the direction Kavanaugh appears to be leaning. There should be a middle ground solution.

Be nice if the conservative Justices hold off on doing us any "favors" until after the midterms. They've done quite enough already.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-opens-new-term-murky-wetlands-dispute-justice-jackson-be-rcna50068

fj1200
10-04-2022, 08:49 AM
Be nice if the conservative Justices hold off on doing us any "favors" until after the midterms. They've done quite enough already.

I'm not worried about SCOTUS for the next month. I'm worried about questionable senate candidates.

Gunny
10-04-2022, 02:14 PM
I'm not worried about SCOTUS for the next month. I'm worried about questionable senate candidates.Another "Roe" decision between now and then will make those "questionable" candidates even more questionable. It's bad enough without a fully-galvanized left.

fj1200
10-04-2022, 07:46 PM
Another "Roe" decision between now and then will make those "questionable" candidates even more questionable. It's bad enough without a fully-galvanized left.

Their calendar just started. Decisions don't come down until next year.

SassyLady
10-04-2022, 08:55 PM
Their calendar just started. Decisions don't come down until next year.
Leaks can happen any time

Gunny
10-05-2022, 06:47 PM
Leaks can happen any timeYeah. The Roe decision came out way before it was supposed to. Amazingly (not), no one's yet been identified as the leak.

fj1200
10-06-2022, 07:02 AM
Leaks can happen any time

Yeah. The Roe decision came out way before it was supposed to. Amazingly (not), no one's yet been identified as the leak.

But nothing is going to come out this early. They just started hearing cases.

Gunny
10-06-2022, 11:57 AM
But nothing is going to come out this early. They just started hearing cases.Have your coffee this morning?:poke: They were still in the just hearing cases process when Roe/Dobbs was leaked. Seems to me all it takes is an overheard debate and loose lips.

If the Justices kicked all their interns/helpers/whatnots out, they'd have to actually work.

I'm not predicting anything. Just hoping and not ruling anything out when it comes to Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, even if they have to shoot themselves in the foot to do it.

Not to mention anything they decide up to and including where to have lunch will be scrutinized and vilified by the leftoids.

Again, you keep looking for the broken process to work. When was the last time that happened?

fj1200
10-06-2022, 01:31 PM
Have your coffee this morning?:poke: They were still in the just hearing cases process when Roe/Dobbs was leaked. Seems to me all it takes is an overheard debate and loose lips.

If the Justices kicked all their interns/helpers/whatnots out, they'd have to actually work.

I'm not predicting anything. Just hoping and not ruling anything out when it comes to Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, even if they have to shoot themselves in the foot to do it.

Not to mention anything they decide up to and including where to have lunch will be scrutinized and vilified by the leftoids.

Again, you keep looking for the broken process to work. When was the last time that happened?

Dobbs was heard in December 2021. The leak came out in May 2022. It took months for that draft opinion to get to that point. I'm just looking at the current process and how it does work. And a SCOTUS October surprise isn't coming. Tell me about it when I'm wrong.

Gunny
10-06-2022, 04:57 PM
Dobbs was heard in December 2021. The leak came out in May 2022. It took months for that draft opinion to get to that point. I'm just looking at the current process and how it does work. And a SCOTUS October surprise isn't coming. Tell me about it when I'm wrong.I'm not playing that game, thanks. You criticize predictions then make one :rolleyes:

If you're going to say watching the right in action, especially the GOP, isn't like watching a Dallas Cowboys NFC playoff game, then I'd say you've never watched a Dallas Cowboys NFC playoff game.

fj1200
10-07-2022, 07:20 AM
I'm not playing that game, thanks. You criticize predictions then make one :rolleyes:

If you're going to say watching the right in action, especially the GOP, isn't like watching a Dallas Cowboys NFC playoff game, then I'd say you've never watched a Dallas Cowboys NFC playoff game.

There are predictions and then there are predictions. ;)

Good God not again predictions. Conspiratorial predictions. The timing isn't really right predictions. :)

Gunny
10-08-2022, 12:24 PM
There are predictions and then there are predictions. ;)

Good God not again predictions. Conspiratorial predictions. The timing isn't really right predictions. :)What did I tell you? As if on cue:

Cowboys are off to a killer start with a backup QB. Close to the top of the stat list and all that. What do they do?

Sign Odell Beckham, Jr. Locker room poison. Problem child and distraction everywhere he lands. All about him and not the team nor game.

Never fails. Jerry Jones actively seeks out ways to f*ck his own team. He must be a Republican't.