10-06-2022, 04:01 PM

Thoughts?

fj1200
10-06-2022, 04:23 PM
In what state? By whom?

Black Diamond
10-06-2022, 05:01 PM
In what state? By whom?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-pardoning-all-prior-federal-offenses-simple-marijuana-possession
President Biden will pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, the White House said Thursday, a move toward decriminalizing the drug.

The move applies to those convicted of simple possession of marijuana, including those in the District of Columbia, according to senior officials. The White House noted that people of color and White people use marijuana at similar rates, but that "black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.

fj1200
10-07-2022, 07:18 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-pardoning-all-prior-federal-offenses-simple-marijuana-possession
President Biden will pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, the White House said Thursday, a move toward decriminalizing the drug.

The move applies to those convicted of simple possession of marijuana, including those in the District of Columbia, according to senior officials. The White House noted that people of color and White people use marijuana at similar rates, but that "black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.

Gotcha. Didn't know it was federal but how many are getting convicted of Federal marijuana laws? I wouldn't think it would be very many.

But to your point. It looks pretty transparent however it is probably overdue. Marijuana doesn't need to be a Federal Schedule I drug but that would take an act of Congress.

revelarts
10-07-2022, 10:05 AM
Trump should have done it. It would crushed many on the left.
Not to mention Obama. If he had done it the right would claimed... all sorts of things.

but frankly i agree with FJ, "Marijuana doesn't need to be a Federal Schedule"

revelarts
10-07-2022, 10:11 AM
FYI concerning "political plays"

When asked about the "war on drugs" begun in the Nixon Administration...
....“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black people, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

John Ehrlichman
counsel and Assistant to the President for Domestic Affairs under President Richard Nixon.
https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/