PDA

View Full Version : Russian nationals flee military service, request asylum in Alaska

Gunny
10-06-2022, 05:18 PM
What do ya know. Some honest to God, legit asylum seekers. That's different. They're going to mess up Biden's redefinition of "asylum":rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russian-nationals-flee-military-service-request-asylum-alaska

NightTrain
10-07-2022, 07:24 AM
I was in Gambell a couple years ago, tuning the satellite feed to the village. There's nothing there - just your usual battered houses and a small co-op store.

I can't imagine the confusion when those Russians landed at the airport!

revelarts
10-07-2022, 09:50 AM

LOL. sheesh
I can hear the spin now.

CNN MSNBC:
"OBVIOUSLY a ploy by PUTIN (& the RNC) to sway the U.S. elections!
And infiltrate the country to sow chaos and overthrow our "Democracy"!
& Russian spies!
The boarder must be closed.

FOX:
Well Burt, I'm thinking that the Gov of Alaska should send them to Martha's Vineyard.
That's right Ernie, And to some of those "sanctuary cities" like Chicago.
Some Great Russian Restaurants Chicago Burt, "Tandoor Samsa" Buffalo rd i mean it!

NightTrain
10-07-2022, 11:46 AM

LOL. sheesh
I can hear the spin now.

CNN MSNBC:
"OBVIOUSLY a ploy by PUTIN (& the RNC) to sway the U.S. elections!
And infiltrate the country to sow chaos and overthrow our "Democracy"!
& Russian spies!
The boarder must be closed.

FOX:
Well Burt, I'm thinking that the Gov of Alaska should send them to Martha's Vineyard.
That's right Ernie, And to some of those "sanctuary cities" like Chicago.
Some Great Russian Restaurants Chicago Burt, "Tandoor Samsa" Buffalo rd i mean it!

There's actually a large Russian community here in AK, from when we bought it from them. They're Orthodox and pretty hardcore about it, but I'm sure they'll help out with these two.

At least this is a legit asylum. I have no problem with it.

SassyLady
10-07-2022, 03:36 PM
Kinda like Canada was a sanctuary for Americans during Vietnam War.

Black Diamond
10-07-2022, 04:58 PM
Kinda like Canada was a sanctuary for Americans during Vietnam War.

Americans who dodged and went to Canada were not treated well there from what I've heard

SassyLady
10-07-2022, 07:02 PM
Americans who dodged and went to Canada were not treated well there from what I've heard

I don't know anyone who did that so I couldn't agree or disagree.

Black Diamond
10-08-2022, 12:51 AM
I don't know anyone who did that so I couldn't agree or disagree.

Didn't it also take like ten years to be able to come back to the states?

Gunny
10-08-2022, 09:51 AM
Didn't it also take like ten years to be able to come back to the states?Carter pardoned the draft dodgers. So from whenever they ran away to 1977.

Gunny
10-08-2022, 09:54 AM
There's actually a large Russian community here in AK, from when we bought it from them. They're Orthodox and pretty hardcore about it, but I'm sure they'll help out with these two.

At least this is a legit asylum. I have no problem with it.Anyone not wanting to be part of that third-rate, alleged military, meat grinder is showing a lick of common sense, IMO.

Good thing most of Western Russia is uninhabited or you'd be welcoming boat people :)