PDA

View Full Version : Menendez: Freeze US-Saudi cooperation

Gunny
10-10-2022, 07:36 PM
Sure. Then who does Biden beg for oil? Oil wouldn't be an issue at all without Biden's policies. We were energy independent. Shades of Carter. Policies that make us dependent on people we want to shit all over. Brilliant. Wonder why it didn't work then and isn't going to work now :rolleyes:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3681844-menendez-calls-for-freeze-on-us-cooperation-with-saudi-arabia%ef%bf%bc/

BoogyMan
10-11-2022, 08:33 PM
That'll really hurt their feelers....egads we are governed by fools.

Gunny
10-12-2022, 05:15 PM
So OPEC cutting oil production is going to drive up the price of gas. What exactly does Congress think is going to happen to the price of gas if it slams OPEC given the current idiot in chief won't let us pump our own?

We can sell LNG to China though. China's turning around and price-gouging it to Europe.

The US government shouldn't be allowed to control natural resources until it learns how.

https://thehill.com/policy/3683770-congress-eyeing-nopec-bill-to-take-on-saudi-arabia/

Gunny
10-12-2022, 07:27 PM
So, if Congress plays this hand ...

We cut arms shipments and OPEC says no more oil. I think I've already lived this movie. :rolleyes:

Russ
10-12-2022, 08:04 PM
So let me get this straight... in his first month in office, President Joe Biden cancels the Keystone pipeline and drastically cuts leases for oil drilling in America, effectively cutting America's oil exports to zero. He gets no repercussions for this from the mainstream media or from trading partners. But now he and the Dems thinks that if Saudi Arabia cuts any percentage of their oil exports they should face international sanctions? Cutting back production is their prerogative and is part of their sovereignty.

Are Joe and the Dems too stoopid to see the incredible hypocrisy of everyday lives?

Russ
10-12-2022, 08:08 PM
One other thing - why does Joe Biden think that it is "green" to burn oil just as long as the oil comes from some other country. Sorry, Joe, it is the same carbon footprint to burn oil no matter where the oil came from. :slap:

Gunny
10-13-2022, 10:27 AM
So let me get this straight... in his first month in office, President Joe Biden cancels the Keystone pipeline and drastically cuts leases for oil drilling in America, effectively cutting America's oil exports to zero. He gets no repercussions for this from the mainstream media or from trading partners. But now he and the Dems thinks that if Saudi Arabia cuts any percentage of their oil exports they should face international sanctions? Cutting back production is their prerogative and is part of their sovereignty.

Are Joe and the Dems too stoopid to see the incredible hypocrisy of everyday lives?Fact points to your question being rhetorical.

Gunny
10-13-2022, 10:50 AM
One other thing - why does Joe Biden think that it is "green" to burn oil just as long as the oil comes from some other country. Sorry, Joe, it is the same carbon footprint to burn oil no matter where the oil came from. :slap:The stupidity, never mind the complete ignorance of REAL science, to the the green argument is mind-boggling.

Let's say everyone jumps on these underpowered, inefficient EVs. Another deja vu for me -- when we were forced to transition to mid-late 70s "fuel efficient cars" with PCV valves and catalytic converters running on unleaded gas only. Skipping past they were mostly look-alike, ugliest cars in the history of the automobile, they were not gas-efficient, not aerodynamic, both catalytic converter and PCV were prone to clogging and breaking down. The vehicles were underpowered and always stalling. The unleaded gas pump at the stations was all by itself in the corner while the mail islands had 3 regular pumps apiece which could not be put in the unleaded only POSs. The engines were inefficient and leaked from anywhere there was a micro-space. Hit an incline more than 5 degrees and STALL. Anyone want to guess what one of my first jobs was?:)

To exacerbate THAT, OPEC cut us off for supporting Israel in the Yom Kippur war. Carter signed off on EPA regulations for US refineries to the point that the oil companies refused to build anymore. When the grandfathered ones die, that's it. That is, btw, where the oil refinement industry stands now. EVEN IF they wanted to bail Biden out, they are incapable. (During the time we were "energy independent", we still were shipping oil overseas to be refined then bringing it back). Another nod to the efficiency of the left's determination to take Big Oil's power and money.

Yep, I digress and went off on a tangent :)

If everyone jumps on the EV bandwagon and prays they're never stuck in traffic, the electrical infrastructure in this country cannot support the move. Doubling or tripling the size of the infrastructure (at taxpayer expense, of course) would mean doubling or tripling the fossil fuel industry's ability to produce electricity which runs on FREAKIN' FOSSIL FUELS :bang3: I HATE FUKKIN STUPID PEOPLE :blowup:

Gunny
10-13-2022, 11:12 AM
Biden trying to backdoor the Midterms :rolleyes:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/biden-admin-asked-saudi-arabia-to-postpone-opec-cut-by-a-month-saudis-say.html

Kathianne
10-13-2022, 11:13 AM
Biden trying to backdoor the Midterms :rolleyes:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/biden-admin-asked-saudi-arabia-to-postpone-opec-cut-by-a-month-saudis-say.html
Just like the now looming train strike.

Gunny
10-13-2022, 11:20 AM
Just like the now looming train strike."The best laid plans of mice and men ..." :)

I'm surprised the leftist machine hasn't made that accusation -- that SA/OPEC is trying to affect the Midterms. Probably don't want to offend them just yet while there is still some begging space left.

Black Diamond
10-13-2022, 02:19 PM
Just like the now looming train strike.

Yeah frightening.