PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 6 panel’s likely final hearing to focus on Trump’s ‘state of mind’

Gunny
10-12-2022, 05:09 PM
Like Trump or not, this is farce in the face of who currently occupies the WH. Maybe they should be more concerned with that bobblehead's state of mind?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3685474-jan-6-panels-likely-final-hearing-to-focus-on-trumps-state-of-mind/

Black Diamond
10-12-2022, 05:11 PM
Like Trump or not, this is farce in the face of who currently occupies the WH. Maybe they should be more concerned with that bobblehead's state of mind?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3685474-jan-6-panels-likely-final-hearing-to-focus-on-trumps-state-of-mind/

How many people are still paying attention? Aren't they worried about rising prices and whether or not Brandon and vladdy will destroy Civilization?

Gunny
10-12-2022, 05:44 PM
The period on the end of my previous comment :rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-says-beau-lost-life-iraq-during-colorado-speech

Black Diamond
10-12-2022, 05:50 PM
The period on the end of my previous comment :rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-says-beau-lost-life-iraq-during-colorado-speech

Will he resign after the Midterms?

Gunny
10-12-2022, 05:56 PM
Will he resign after the Midterms?Why would he? He's already not there. As long as his handlers can prop him up on a stick and pretend stuff like this didn't happen, and not be questioned by the Dems/left/MSM, why would they pull him?

He's the perfect patsy for the left. If it gets so bad he has to be pulled, they can blame it on his deteriorating brain they knew nothing about and wipe their hands of it. The Republican't's won't question it.

Black Diamond
10-12-2022, 05:58 PM
Why would he? He's already not there. As long as his handlers can prop him up on a stick and pretend stuff like this didn't happen, and not be questioned by the Dems/left/MSM, why would they pull him?

He's the perfect patsy for the left. If it gets so bad he has to be pulled, they can blame it on his deteriorating brain they knew nothing about and wipe their hands of it. The Republican't's won't question it.

Many are worried about his nuclear Armageddon talk. Ie How is putin to know whether to take him seriously.

fj1200
10-12-2022, 06:24 PM
Will he resign after the Midterms?

Weekend at Brandon's.

He'll announce he's not running after the shellacking.

Gunny
10-12-2022, 06:57 PM
Many are worried about his nuclear Armageddon talk. Ie How is putin to know whether to take him seriously.Since Russia-Ukraine started, I haven't noticed anyone from the international stage besides Saudi Arabia paying more than lip service to him. Half-smile, polite nod while thinking: Dimwit :rolleyes:

In regard to Putin-Biden, it probably is in the West's/Ukraine's best interest Putin think Biden's off his rocker. It makes him unpredictable and a threat who up to this point has stayed Putin's hand. I doubt Putin expected as much of a response since Obama let him waltz right in to Crimea.

Back when Joe Biden was still a leftwingnut Dem with a couple of brain cells and could talk without a puppeteer's hand up his ass, he'd probably have backed right off.

Not sure what "Armageddon" talk you are speaking of. I suspect, as many do, if Putin uses tactical nukes the response will be overwhelming but not nuclear. Problem is, if Putin follows that with strategic nukes the US has no choice but respond. Best case the West comes out of this is pushing Russia back to the Russian border and containing it like we did Iraq before GWB decided to invade it.

Here's some Twilight Zone for you: NATO/US/West contains Russia within Russia. China makes a move on Russia. They share a long border. Does Russia ask to join NATO? and do we sucker right on in and help? :)

Black Diamond
10-12-2022, 07:01 PM
Weekend at Brandon's.

He'll announce he's not running after the shellacking.

Yeah the polls assuming we can trust them are leaning more toward a shellacking

fj1200
10-12-2022, 07:02 PM
Here's some Twilight Zone for you: NATO/US/West contains Russia within Russia. China makes a move on Russia. They share a long border. Does Russia ask to join NATO? and do we sucker right on in and help? :)

Why?

fj1200
10-12-2022, 07:05 PM
Yeah the polls assuming we can trust them are leaning more toward a shellacking

Probably should have been more but you know who... wink wink nudge nudge

Gunny
10-12-2022, 07:07 PM
Why?What does Russia have that China would want that would make it truly independent of the World? Oil and Natural gas. A lot of uninhabited land. The Chinese live all piled on one another because they don't really have a lot of habitable land.

They already have a disputed border because China has a disputed border with just about anyone it touches :rolleyes:

A weakened Russia with few allies would be mighty tempting to an expansionist China.

Then we can play Presidential Election between China and Russia: Who do we hate more?:laugh:

fj1200
10-12-2022, 07:21 PM
What does Russia have that China would want that would make it truly independent of the World? Oil and Natural gas. A lot of uninhabited land. The Chinese live all piled on one another because they don't really have a lot of habitable land.

They already have a disputed border because China has a disputed border with just about anyone it touches :rolleyes:

A weakened Russia with few allies would be mighty tempting to an expansionist China.

Then we can play Presidential Election between China and Russia: Who do we hate more?:laugh:

But both China and Russia are going to start/continue shrinking population wise. Natural resources makes sense but it doesn't make sense to me. Much like Russia going into Ukraine. Old world thinking.

Black Diamond
10-12-2022, 07:30 PM
But both China and Russia are going to start/continue shrinking population wise. Natural resources makes sense but it doesn't make sense to me. Much like Russia going into Ukraine. Old world thinking.

Russia doesn't like having NATO countries on his border. One could argue he's preventing that by going into Ukraine before they join NATO. I'm not sure I believe they weren't going to ever join.

Gunny
10-12-2022, 07:41 PM
Russia doesn't like having NATO countries on his border. One could argue he's preventing that by going into Ukraine before they join NATO. I'm not sure I believe they weren't going to ever join.IIRC, part of the agreement to Ukraine's independence being ratified by Russia was that it not join NATO. I am not aware that it ever attempted to before now.

One of Putin's excuses may be that he wants to rebuild a buffer, but it doesn't pass the test. Putin wanting to control all of Europe's energy makes a LOT more sense. Ukraine had just struck a deal with one of these brand name oil companies to do exploratory work off Ukraine's coast and they found oil or gas. I think the latter. With what Ukraine already has the capacity to supply Europe, it could cut Russia's energy monopoly over Europe.

Russia can't afford that. Energy and wheat are its two biggest commodities. None of Putin's stories hold water, but this one does.

fj1200
10-12-2022, 07:44 PM
Russia can't afford that. Energy and wheat are its two biggest commodities. None of Putin's stories hold water, but this one does.

Now that one fits my brain. It makes economic sense.

Black Diamond
10-12-2022, 07:50 PM
IIRC, part of the agreement to Ukraine's independence being ratified by Russia was that it not join NATO. I am not aware that it ever attempted to before now.

One of Putin's excuses may be that he wants to rebuild a buffer, but it doesn't pass the test. Putin wanting to control all of Europe's energy makes a LOT more sense. Ukraine had just struck a deal with one of these brand name oil companies to do exploratory work off Ukraine's coast and they found oil or gas. I think the latter. With what Ukraine already has the capacity to supply Europe, it could cut Russia's energy monopoly over Europe.

Was this agreement also applied to the Baltic states?

Gunny
10-13-2022, 12:11 PM
Was this agreement also applied to the Baltic states?I do not recall specifically who it did and did not apply to. Obviously, other former Warsaw Pact members are now NATO members. To include two(?) Baltic states?

I do recall it being a major issue with Ukraine primarily because Ukraine was basically Russia's forward military base full of nukes and conventional weapons. That besides being right on Russia's border.

In my professional military opinion, Russia was stupid to grant Ukraine independence/autonomy to begin with. Not a very smart move strategically. IIRC, Russia could not afford to maintain Ukraine any longer. It still can't. They can't even take the place which requires a lot less presence than occupation.

Gunny
10-13-2022, 12:15 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-63039080

I can't be the only one that sees this as "thought police" on full display. Now, reaching even further in desperation, they Jan 6th lynch mob is going to tell us what to think on what someone else was thinking :rolleyes:

For those with short memories my stance on Trump is clear and hasn't changed, but this is just wrong in every way.