PDA

View Full Version : Parkland school shooting: Jury recommends life in prison without parole

Gunny
10-13-2022, 11:55 AM
Probably 1, anti-death penalty knucklehead tying up everyone else's hands. I do not see the point to life without parole. The State is still killing the guy. Just dragging it out. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing where there's any possible way he isn't guilty of the crime. That's the only question I ever have.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/jury-reaches-decision-on-sentence-of-parkland-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz.html

fj1200
10-13-2022, 12:05 PM
Probably 1, anti-death penalty knucklehead tying up everyone else's hands. I do not see the point to life without parole. The State is still killing the guy. Just dragging it out. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing where there's any possible way he isn't guilty of the crime. That's the only question I ever have.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/jury-reaches-decision-on-sentence-of-parkland-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz.html

He plead guilty to the crime. The trial was only to determine the sentence.

Gunny
10-13-2022, 12:20 PM
He plead guilty to the crime. The trial was only to determine the sentence.Rephrase: I support the death penalty when there is absolutely no question/doubt about guilt. I'm not okay with it if there is ANY question/doubt. There ARE wrongfully imprisoned/sentenced to death people out there and they should have every chance to include WAY more than they do, IMO.

In this case, what's the point of keeping a rat in a cage indefinitely, with no hope of ever being freed?

fj1200
10-13-2022, 12:21 PM
Rephrase: I support the death penalty when there is absolutely no question/doubt about guilt. I'm not okay with it if there is ANY question/doubt. There ARE wrongfully imprisoned/sentenced to death people out there and they should have every chance to include WAY more than they do, IMO.

In this case, what's the point of keeping a rat in a cage indefinitely, with no hope of ever being freed?

Yeah, these make it hard to be against the death penalty.