PDA

View Full Version : The Donald's Conundrum

Gunny
10-15-2022, 06:32 PM
The Jan 6th Farce has subpoena'd the Donald. Further research educated me to the fact that Congress, not the Constitution, gave itself the authority to subpoena people in some Serviceman's Act in 1975 (I'm SURE it wasn't hidden at all :rolleyes:). They can also find a person refusing to comply guilty of contempt of Congress. Year in jail, $10k fine.

Naturally, I have a few questions/observations :)

Since Congress desires one's testimony, should it not be on Congress to foot all expenses entailed? I'm not even going to bother looking. We already know the answer. The City of San Antonio pays you $5 less a day than it costs to park :rolleyes:

What Trump CAN do is plead the 5th. If Trump pleads the 5th, he has to plead the 5th all the way through, not selectively. IMO, Trump and pleading the 5th (aka keeping his mouth shut and his opinions to himself) are like mixing oil and water.

I would plead to 5th since it's apparently the closest to telling the witch hunt to pound sand one can get legally. Twiddle my thumbs, stare at the ceiling -- ensure they know they are boring the Hell out of me. But from what I have seen, I'm a better prick at playing the government game than the Donald. :halo9:

What could he possibly have to say that is going to change any opinions in the lynch mob that he hasn't already said? I'm thinking nothing. Anything he says will be twisted and used against him.

BUT ... testifying puts him where he loves to be no matter how he hurts his own cause-- center stage. I'm betting he runs his mouth.

Isn't the timing "grand"?:rolleyes: Right before midterms, Trump runs his mouth, loading the left's/MSM's/witch hunt's propaganda weapon and probably compromising Republicans by naming names and putting them on the spot.

Black Diamond
10-15-2022, 07:22 PM
The Jan 6th Farce has subpoena'd the Donald. Further research educated me to the fact that Congress, not the Constitution, gave itself the authority to subpoena people in some Serviceman's Act in 1975 (I'm SURE it wasn't hidden at all :rolleyes:). They can also find a person refusing to comply guilty of contempt of Congress. Year in jail, $10k fine.

Naturally, I have a few questions/observations :)

Since Congress desires one's testimony, should it not be on Congress to foot all expenses entailed? I'm not even going to bother looking. We already know the answer. The City of San Antonio pays you $5 less a day than it costs to park :rolleyes:

What Trump CAN do is plead the 5th. If Trump pleads the 5th, he has to plead the 5th all the way through, not selectively. IMO, Trump and pleading the 5th (aka keeping his mouth shut and his opinions to himself) are like mixing oil and water.

I would plead to 5th since it's apparently the closest to telling the witch hunt to pound sand one can get legally. Twiddle my thumbs, stare at the ceiling -- ensure they know they are boring the Hell out of me. But from what I have seen, I'm a better prick at playing the government game than the Donald. :halo9:

What could he possibly have to say that is going to change any opinions in the lynch mob that he hasn't already said? I'm thinking nothing. Anything he says will be twisted and used against him.

BUT ... testifying puts him where he loves to be no matter how he hurts his own cause-- center stage. I'm betting he runs his mouth.

Isn't the timing "grand"?:rolleyes: Right before midterms, Trump runs his mouth, loading the left's/MSM's/witch hunt's propaganda weapon and probably compromising Republicans by naming names and putting them on the spot.
Trump will make this his own circus. As for those who are still hopeful.

Gunny
10-15-2022, 07:30 PM
They're going to get him one way or the other. He threatened the established order. It hasn't let up since.