PDA

View Full Version : Jeri Thompson: The woman behind the man

stephanie
10-08-2007, 02:08 AM
At least she wasn't giving out the recipe on how to soak white raisins in gin...:laugh2:

Naperville-raised Jeri Thompson is GOP hopeful's biggest cheerleader

October 7, 2007
By SUSAN FRICK CARLMAN Staff Writer
Recent months have seen Jeri Thompson painted a variety of ways in the press, from doting mom to trophy wife. She says she knew that would happen, but because she has granted few interviews, it can be hard to tell who she really is.

The Sun had an exclusive opportunity to get to know the 41-year-old Naperville native a little better one afternoon last week. She sat down to talk before attending a major Chicago fundraiser for her husband, Fred Thompson, 65. The recently declared presidential candidate is giving frontrunner Rudy Giuliani some tough competition to lead the Republican ticket next fall.

Naperville native Jeri Thompson, right, waits while her husband, presidential hopeful Fred Thompson, at left facing away from the camera, speaks to the press during a visit Wednesday to Chicago for a campaign fundraiser.
(Danielle Gardner / Staff photographer)

Jeri Thompson, center, checks on her son, 10-month-old Samuel Thompson, as she and Fred Thompson, second from left, arrive Wednesday afternoon at the Chicago Hilton.

When she was known as Jeri Kehn, the candidate's wife lived in one of Naperville's downtown neighborhoods, off Mill Street, with her mom and stepdad, Vicki and Ron Keller. She made her way through District 203, attending Naper School, then Washington Junior High and Naperville North High School, graduating in 1984.

She studied English at DePauw University in Greencastle, Ind., and after graduating, worked as a media consultant and Republican political strategist in Washington, D.C. She met her husband in the supermarket in July 1996, after their paths crossed in the checkout line.

The Thompsons were married in July 2002 at First Congregational United Church of Christ in Naperville, a few months before Fred stepped down after two terms in the U.S. Senate and launched his tenure portraying District Attorney Arthur Branch on the television crime drama "Law and Order."

The couple live near Washington in McLean, Va., with their two children: Hayden, who just turned 4, and Sammy, who's not yet 1.

Where did you hang out when you were a teenager? Well, I was pretty involved in school. I was a Starlette. That's probably not a cool thing to say now. Who knows what's cool, then and now? I don't really know. But I was a Starlette, and that was every day after school, so there really wasn't any hanging out. My parents were pretty strict ... about going out and stuff. But games were Friday nights. We had football and basketball. We performed at almost every game. I loved movies, and Ogden 6 (Theatres) used to be there. But I remember lots of intense times with those girls, more than anything.

And from your earlier years? I was in Girl Scouts and Brownies and church. My mom still is the organist, and we did a whole lot of music programs there. Though I cannot sing a note, I was in cherub (choir) and all the way up.

When I grew up, kids didn't have computers. We had a park across the street, so playing out there was just a normal thing that kids just don't seem to do now. I find it very odd to get in the car to drive my child to a play date. There wasn't the concept of a play date when I grew up. I do really feel a disconnect on that sort of thing.

I really don't remember anything that structured -

read the rest at.........
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/592054,6_1_NA07_JERI_S1.article

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gifThompson-Hunterhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

10-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Wait... she is 41 and people are claiming she is a trophy wife? I mean yeah she looks great but trophy wives are supposed to be in their twenties.

stephanie
10-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Wait... she is 41 and people are claiming she is a trophy wife? I mean yeah she looks great but trophy wives are supposed to be in their twenties.

Sheeesh....I'm sure she enjoys being called a TROPHY WIFE...
How come nobody ever referred to the Shrill as that???

The Shrill is the perfect form of a Women as who should be President of the United States............Ick she is so uptight......:lame2:

Just like Obambam.....What a child....and so uninformed.....oh my gosh.:like ya, like oh my gosh, like yeah...like I want to vote for him....like yaaaaaa....:coffee:

10-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Sheeesh....I'm sure she enjoys being called a TROPHY WIFE...
How come nobody ever referred to the Shrill as that???

The Shrill is the perfect form of a Women as who should be President of the United States............Ick she is so uptight......:lame2:

Just like Obambam.....What a child....and so uninformed.....oh my gosh.:like ya, like oh my gosh, like yeah...like I want to vote for him....like yaaaaaa....:coffee:

What contest in Hell did Bill win if Hillary is a trophy wife?