PDA

View Full Version : McConnell-aligned super PAC pulls $5M from New Hampshire Senate race

Gunny
10-22-2022, 03:11 PM
McConnell's hands are as dirty as Trump's in his willingness to throw the party under the bus if it doesn't go his way. This is bullshit and not the first bullshit move he's pulled this midterm cycle.

I'm all for someone better, and more focused on the job than personal/political power replacing him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-aligned-super-pac-pulls-money-new-hampshire-senate-race

BoogyMan
10-22-2022, 07:01 PM
McConnell has played the turd in our punch bowl for WAY too long. He is hated by most of the caucus and is little better than a male version of Nancy Pelosi with better speaking abilities and handlers that keep him out of the public eye.

McConnell's hands are as dirty as Trump's in his willingness to throw the party under the bus if it doesn't go his way. This is bullshit and not the first bullshit move he's pulled this midterm cycle.

I'm all for someone better, and more focused on the job than personal/political power replacing him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-aligned-super-pac-pulls-money-new-hampshire-senate-race

fj1200
10-23-2022, 03:08 PM
I'm sure it's just a recognition that Bolduc is unlikely to win and the 5.6mm could be better spent elsewhere. And FWIW I don't think there's been a more effective Senate leader than McConnell for awhile. The majority of trump's legacy can be linked back to McConnell.

Hassan is polling higher than 50%.

Kathianne
10-23-2022, 03:19 PM
I'm sure it's just a recognition that Bolduc is unlikely to win and the 5.6mm could be better spent elsewhere. And FWIW I don't think there's been a more effective Senate leader than McConnell for awhile. The majority of trump's legacy can be linked back to McConnell.

Hassan is polling higher than 50%.

I've said same since start, with Ryan too. Fighting only counts when it's to death, never strategic. Thus folks like Trump, Pelosi are fighters. All or nothing.

Gunny
10-23-2022, 04:36 PM
I've said same since start, with Ryan too. Fighting only counts when it's to death, never strategic. Thus folks like Trump, Pelosi are fighters. All or nothing.

Hassan is polling higher than 50%.I disagree. What you like about him is he is a "politician" instead of a fighter. An effective politician is both.

How many times has McConnell screwed over a Republican and/or conservative to NOT get into it with Dems? How many times has he "compromised" (caved) to Dems? On the other hand, the OP being one and the latest example of his willingness to throw the right under the bus to maintain this fantasy of diplomacy with the Dems?

That BS about Trump is just that. He supported Trump only when it was a win for him (or as he will tell us "the GOP" :rolleyes:) he didn't have to put too much effort into nor cross swords with Dems.

I don't dislike him because of Trump although I DO dislike his little pissing contest with Trump that has spilled over into affecting the party. And it takes TWO. It's quite obvious the BS he's pulled/pulling with the "less-electable candidates" crap. Maybe he'll just go on and vote with Dems too :rolleyes:

He's the poster boy for everything wrong with a Republican party that has been largely ineffective since the 90s.