PDA

View Full Version : GOP voters told to hold onto mail ballots until Election Day

Gunny
10-23-2022, 05:00 PM
IMO, if your mail in ballot isn't at the polls by election day, you're too late. Everyone's had 2 freakin years to get the logistics down to getting their votes in on time, one way or the other.

Not that I agree necessarily with the ploy suggested by GOP operatives in the OP, but allowing trickle-in, onesy-twosy votes after election day IS a perfect opportunity for frauds to run amok.

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-politics/ap-gop-voters-told-to-hold-onto-mail-ballots-until-election-day/

fj1200
10-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Those are probably the same people who are overly concerned about globalists.

Gunny
10-23-2022, 07:16 PM
Those are probably the same people who are overly concerned about globalists.I'm not as ambivalent to things I don't like to hear as you are :) Globalists can be an issue if and when we get the domestic front straightened out.

Voter fraud is real and it happens. It is endemic to a system run by immoral bureaucrats. Same as with the globalists: clean up the bureaucracies and you don't have voter fraud. Clean up our government and we have no reason to fear globalists.

Both are a threat because the bureaucracies are corrupt.

fj1200
10-23-2022, 07:21 PM
I'm not as ambivalent to things I don't like to hear as you are :) Globalists can be an issue if and when we get the domestic front straightened out.

Voter fraud is real and it happens. It is endemic to a system run by immoral bureaucrats. Same as with the globalists: clean up the bureaucracies and you don't have voter fraud. Clean up our government and we have no reason to fear globalists.

Both are a threat because the bureaucracies are corrupt.

Possibly. But this is ridiculous. Like they've found some magic that will fix everything. It's just designed to cause chaos. The cynic in me might suggest that they want the chaos to whine about losing another election.

Kathianne
10-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Possibly. But this is ridiculous. Like they've found some magic that will fix everything. It's just designed to cause chaos. The cynic in me might suggest that they want the chaos to whine about losing another election.

I disagree with you on this. Paper ballots only. Absentee voting rare and must be completed in advance of election day.

fj1200
10-23-2022, 11:18 PM
I disagree with you on this. Paper ballots only. Absentee voting rare and must be completed in advance of election day.

I was looking at it in the context of what is and not what should be. There's just no going back to paper ballots and less voting options.

SassyLady
10-24-2022, 01:24 AM
I'm working this election at my local voting location as a clerk. I have not done this before. I was trained on the system tablet device (Poll Box - PB) last week.

From what I understand from training I will be checking voter I.D. documents (among other duties as assigned by the Inspector) through the PB system. The documents are then scanned into PB system digitally, verified, and signed digitally verifying they are the person matching the ID documents.

I request digitally to have system print a ballot and a receipt. They will take receipt to a judge of the opposing party (JOP) who will verify they have passed the ID check and that the number on the receipt matches the number on the ballot being handed to them. These numbers on the ballots will match the systems reconciliation at tabulation time. The receipt does not have voters name on it.

BTW, there is only one Republican JOP and one Democrat JOP. Other parties will be verified by one or the other of these two JOPs. There will be no blank ballots laying around to be arbitrarily handed out. Sample ballots will not be allowed in the voting location. In other words a voter can't bring in a completed ballot into polling place that's not in a sealed envelope.

They ARE paper ballots. The system will check at ID verification time to see if an absentee ballot has been received and if so will not allow a general ballot to be printed. If the voter insists on having a ballot to vote in person anyway they will be given a Provisional Ballot which is kept separate from general ballots. It will still be printed upon request. Only one vote will count.. to do aprovisional will void and prior ballots you have submitted.

No ballots will be laying around to be handed out.

There will be only blue or black ballpoint pens used. No sharpies.

I am not allowed to leave the building from 5 AM to 8 PM or later if needed. It's a long day. I will be paid by county. It is a volunteer position.I can't use my phone or talk to people I know coming in to vote except to answer their questions about the voting process. .

We don't count the ballots. There's a general tally receipt issued of # of ballots printed after close of voting. This will be matched at recorders office after ballots from our location are counted.

Our job is to make sure everyone gets to vote ... not to make decision if vote gets counted
. That is done at the central recorder's office. I have no idea if this system is used nationwide. It's the system our county will be using.

It seems secure but I'll let you know how the process goes after election day.

Kathianne
10-24-2022, 01:43 AM
I'm working this election at my local voting location as a clerk. I have not done this before. I was trained on the system tablet device (Poll Box - PB) last week.

From what I understand from training I will be checking voter I.D. documents (among other duties as assigned by the Inspector) through the PB system. The documents are then scanned into PB system digitally, verified, and signed digitally verifying they are the person matching the ID documents.

I request digitally to have system print a ballot and a receipt. They will take receipt to a judge of the opposing party (JOP) who will verify they have passed the ID check and that the number on the receipt matches the number on the ballot being handed to them. These numbers on the ballots will match the systems reconciliation at tabulation time. The receipt does not have voters name on it.

BTW, there is only one Republican JOP and one Democrat JOP. Other parties will be verified by one or the other of these two JOPs. There will be no blank ballots laying around to be arbitrarily handed out. Sample ballots will not be allowed in the voting location. In other words a voter can't bring in a completed ballot into polling place that's not in a sealed envelope.

They ARE paper ballots. The system will check at ID verification time to see if an absentee ballot has been received and if so will not allow a general ballot to be printed. If the voter insists on having a ballot to vote in person anyway they will be given a Provisional Ballot which is kept separate from general ballots. It will still be printed upon request. Only one vote will count.. to do aprovisional will void and prior ballots you have submitted.

No ballots will be laying around to be handed out.

There will be only blue or black ballpoint pens used. No sharpies.

I am not allowed to leave the building from 5 AM to 8 PM or later if needed. It's a long day. I will be paid by county. It is a volunteer position.I can't use my phone or talk to people I know coming in to vote except to answer their questions about the voting process. .

We don't count the ballots. There's a general tally receipt issued of # of ballots printed after close of voting. This will be matched at recorders office after ballots from our location are counted.

Our job is to make sure everyone gets to vote ... not to make decision if vote gets counted
. That is done at the central recorder's office. I have no idea if this system is used nationwide. It's the system our county will be using.

It seems secure but I'll let you know how the process goes after election day.

Voting regulations are a state responsibility. Arizona is pretty good about checking IDs and such, from what I've seen.
fj1200 more states are already returning to paper ballots and more should. Voting integrity is important to all, whatever partisanship one claims.

Now the whole open voting issue, there should be more folks talking about this from candidates to talking heads.

fj1200
10-24-2022, 06:45 AM
Voting regulations are a state responsibility. Arizona is pretty good about checking IDs and such, from what I've seen.
@fj1200 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=728) more states are already returning to paper ballots and more should. Voting integrity is important to all, whatever partisanship one claims.

Now the whole open voting issue, there should be more folks talking about this from candidates to talking heads.

My bad, you're right. GA is too. I was thinking about the electronic counting after it gets fed into the ballot box; I don't recall when the switchover was.

Gunny
10-24-2022, 07:01 PM

Referring to the awesome plan suggested, I don't see how that's a plan. Mainly because I don't see where the action suggested creates the result desired.

Precedent has been set and the left is going to blame that precedent on Trump, completely refusing to acknowledge we spent from 2016-2020 listening to the "stolen election" from anyone on the eft with voice. The cry of "stolen election" will probably be heard from most losers. Recount the votes. The Dems will need their "exceptions" to the cut off date that's been set for 2 years like they got in 2020. List goes on.

If any actual evidence of systemic voter fraud is found, bet it gets blamed on the Republicans. Dems never cheat :rolleyes:

Kathianne
10-26-2022, 01:19 PM
John Fetterman:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/10/26/fetterman-reminds-america-why-mass-early-mail-in-voting-is-a-terrible-idea-n505883

SassyLady
10-26-2022, 01:23 PM
John Fetterman:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/10/26/fetterman-reminds-america-why-mass-early-mail-in-voting-is-a-terrible-idea-n505883

Good case for voting on election day. October surprises always cropping up ... like Hunter's laptop.