PDA

View Full Version : Is The US Military Weak?

Kathianne
10-27-2022, 07:18 AM
While China faces 'big problems' they likely won't be fully manifest for 5-10 years. It's now more likely than not, that a move on Taiwan will come sooner than later.

Ukraine.

Afghanistan/Iraq are both devolving, the first much quicker.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/10/yes-the-u-s-military-is-weak/

Gunny
10-27-2022, 09:00 AM
While China faces 'big problems' they likely won't be fully manifest for 5-10 years. It's now more likely than not, that a move on Taiwan will come sooner than later.

Ukraine.

Afghanistan/Iraq are both devolving, the first much quicker.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/10/yes-the-u-s-military-is-weak/Interesting. Never touched on what I consider our biggest military weakness. It goes into comparing assets. I would say we are better off than we were on Dec 7, 1941. Not by a lot. Our technology at the moment is what has made the difference.

Manpower is what I consider our weakest link. My opinion fits in with a few other related threads. IMO, less than half the people in this Nation would be willing to die for their own freedom, much less anyone else's. There's no unity. There's no National purpose, even to maintain the security of the Nation so that it continues to exist for the people in the next bullet --

Everything and everyone I hear is "I/Me". Bunch of weak, crybaby-ass punks whining about what they don't have because it hasn't been given to them. There are people throwing protests and lawsuits out there because their employers dare require them to show up in person to work :rolleyes:

Since I just finished a comment on Ukraine ... as far as a civilian force mobilized to fight either Ukraine or Russia man-for-man? These cream puffs would get slaughtered. Better hope our technology stays advanced enough to make the difference.

I agree with the OP that our professional force needs to be updated to reflect current need. Problem with that is, every time Congress starts looking for money to blow on some green or other equally stupid project, they go after the military first because the military can't say no. They cut manpower. "Borrow" from the military budget.

They've killed the industry to support a war effort. It would take a couple of years minimum to ramp it up to a war footing.

My best guess-timation is that in case of another WW, we'll be sucking hind tit for the first couple of years. Problem with that is, real time now is seconds, not months like it was in WWII.

icansayit
10-27-2022, 04:44 PM
Personally, from where I live. Probably the largest military collection of forces in the whole nation (IMO).
Our enemies know....WE HAVE NO LEADERSHIP. Not in the White House, Democrat Congress with a few RINO'S, and a large collection of LEFT OVER OBAMA and CLINTON bureaucrats in UNIFORM who are only there to MAINTAIN THEIR KISSING OF ASS until they can retire.
As a retiree myself, and from personal experiences I have never forgotten.
TODAY would be the PERFECT STORM moment for our Enemies to DO WHATEVER THEY WANT...and SLEEPY WOULD APPLAUD, while HUNTER, and PELOSI hide in their BANKS.