PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to Jim regarding Eagles vs Steelers

Russ
10-29-2022, 07:35 PM
Hey jimnyc ! Eagles and Steelers are playing against each other tomorrow. How about we make it interesting? I buy you a bottle of Fireball if the Steelers win, you buy me a bottle of Scotch if the Eagles win. What say you? :cool::salute::saluting2:

Black Diamond
10-29-2022, 09:29 PM
Hey jimnyc ! Eagles and Steelers are playing against each other tomorrow. How about we make it interesting? I buy you a bottle of Fireball if the Steelers win, you buy me a bottle of Scotch if the Eagles win. What say you? :cool::salute::saluting2:

Macallan 18? Johnnie walker blue? :cool:

Russ
10-30-2022, 11:45 AM
Macallan 18! I love the way you think!

In return, if the Eagles lose I will get Jim a Fireball 18. :salute:

Abbey Marie
10-30-2022, 12:27 PM

:laugh:

fj1200
10-30-2022, 01:07 PM

Did BD just accept for Jim? I don't think that's how it works. :thinking5:

Gunny
10-30-2022, 01:36 PM

In return, if the Eagles lose I will get Jim a Fireball 18. :salute:The Eagles suck. Just saying. Can't wait for the usual implosion :)

Russ
10-30-2022, 06:53 PM
Did BD just accept for Jim? I don't think that's how it works. :thinking5:

They just checked with the line judge and the ruling came back that yes, BD can accept for Jim! I love that line judge. Looking forward to the delivery!

Russ
10-30-2022, 06:56 PM
The Eagles suck. Just saying. Can't wait for the usual implosion :)

I love the way you can say anything at all, just so long as it is immediately followed by "Just saying".

Fred: "Hey Ralph! Your mother is a bleepety-bleep!"
Ralph: "What the hell! I gonna tear you limb from limb..."
Fred: "Just saying!"
Ralph: "Oh, never mind... um, good one Fred!"

Gunny
10-30-2022, 07:09 PM
I love the way you can say anything at all, just so long as it is immediately followed by "Just saying".

Fred: "Hey Ralph! Your mother is a bleepety-bleep!"
Ralph: "What the hell! I gonna tear you limb from limb..."
Fred: "Just saying!"
Ralph: "Oh, never mind... um, good one Fred!"There's a thread of the very same title :)

I have learned over the years that one is defined more by one's enemies than one (alleged) friends. Back in the day when I was a die-hard NFL and Steelers fan, I got stationed around a MSgt who was a Washington Deadskins fan who immediately assumed I was a Cowboys fan and started talking smack.

Even though I wasn't much of a Cowboys fan at that time, I STILL hated the Beagles and Deadskins "just because". I don't even like nor watch the NFL anymore and I STILL hate them.

Just sayin' :)

jimnyc
10-30-2022, 07:25 PM

Interesting. Considering the game is already over by the time I saw this post! ....

BUT, I'll be an honest man. Had I seen it yesterday or earlier today, and even knowing the Eagles were 6-0 going and the Steelers 2-4... I'm a gambling man and ever hopeful about my Steelers, even when the have a shitty year! So I would have taken you up on this bet!! So, since that's the case, I will honor my bet/loss!

But Black Diamond can eat a sock with his choices! LOL :laugh: Damn bottles anywhere from like $149 up to like $600!! In trade off for a dang Fireball bottle! I like the way he thinks too though, deviously and trying to rip someone off! :lol:

If I won this would have been my choice: https://i.imgur.com/NHti1sml.jpg

Now we need an excuse to all get together to pay my debt and all get hammered and listen to some Billy Idol.

jimnyc
10-30-2022, 07:28 PM
The Eagles suck. Just saying. Can't wait for the usual implosion :)

Oh yeah, they are 7-0 right now. Dallas is 6-2 and the Giants are 6-2. All of the fans of those teams think "this is our year". No it's not. It will just hurt more this time around thinking you have a chance that much more. :thumb:

Russ
10-30-2022, 09:44 PM
Interesting. Considering the game is already over by the time I saw this post! ....

BUT, I'll be an honest man. Had I seen it yesterday or earlier today, and even knowing the Eagles were 6-0 going and the Steelers 2-4... I'm a gambling man and ever hopeful about my Steelers, even when the have a shitty year! So I would have taken you up on this bet!! So, since that's the case, I will honor my bet/loss!

But Black Diamond can eat a sock with his choices! LOL :laugh: Damn bottles anywhere from like $149 up to like $600!! In trade off for a dang Fireball bottle! I like the way he thinks too though, deviously and trying to rip someone off! :lol:

If I won this would have been my choice: https://i.imgur.com/NHti1sml.jpg

Now we need an excuse to all get together to pay my debt and all get hammered and listen to some Billy Idol.

Jim, I in no way expect you to pay for a bottle of Macallan 18 for me. You didn't see this thread before the game. Gunny, on the other hand, did see this thread before the game. I might need a ruling from Scotch Commission on whether or not Gunny needs to pony up for a magnum of Macallan 18. I will get back to everyone on their response...

Gunny
10-31-2022, 08:58 AM
Jim, I in no way expect you to pay for a bottle of Macallan 18 for me. You didn't see this thread before the game. Gunny, on the other hand, did see this thread before the game. I might need a ruling from Scotch Commission on whether or not Gunny needs to pony up for a magnum of Macallan 18. I will get back to everyone on their response...

FTR: I would never bet on a football game. The year Dallas was 1-13 there was that one (at RFK :)).

Back in the day when I imbibed in such, I had occasion to have a bottle of Glenmorangie 18 a time or three. Matter of fact, the day I got promoted to Gunny I carried one around the whole day :)

Nothing the NFL could possibly offer is worth a good single malt.

Black Diamond
10-31-2022, 01:34 PM
jimnyc Russ

Come to Las Vegas and play high limit blackjack. You can drink Macallan 18 and Johnnie walker blue for free. :laugh:

jimnyc
11-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Hell with that, you guys drinking all that expensive fancy schmanchy shit. I'm a cheap date with fireball. :)

Black Diamond
11-04-2022, 03:18 PM
Hell with that, you guys drinking all that expensive fancy schmanchy shit. I'm a cheap date with fireball. :)

You can probably drink that for free at a $10 table. :cool: