PDA

View Full Version : Polls Shifting Red

NightTrain
10-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Has anyone else noticed how all the polls are swinging dramatically toward the right?

It's always amusing how, in the final days before election, they all seem to suddenly shift to the right - no one wants to be exposed holding the +5 to +10% liberal bias most polls deliver as a matter of course until right before voting day.

I still don't understand what the purpose is - wishful thinking? An attempt to discourage conservative voters? It seems to me that such actions would most likely backfire by alarming everyone paying attention.

Abbey Marie
10-30-2022, 12:57 PM
Has anyone else noticed how all the polls are swinging dramatically toward the right?

It's always amusing how, in the final days before election, they all seem to suddenly shift to the right - no one wants to be exposed holding the +5 to +10% liberal bias most polls deliver as a matter of course until right before voting day.

I still don't understand what the purpose is - wishful thinking? An attempt to discourage conservative voters? It seems to me that such actions would most likely backfire by alarming everyone paying attention.

The cynical side of me says it’s last-minute code to mobilize the left’s voter fraud mechanisms.

Russ
10-30-2022, 09:47 PM
The cynical side of me says it’s last-minute code to mobilize the left’s voter fraud mechanisms.

I think the polls are reflecting all the people who saw Fetterman babble like idiot during his debate with Oz. The voter are all thinking "I just realized that Fetterman and every single other Dem is a babbling, lying, stupid moron."

fj1200
10-31-2022, 12:35 AM

I think three things,

A shift to "likely voters."
A real swing to the right because the dems suck.
A swing in GA for example where it's typical for Dem candidates to lead over the summer and Republicans to lead going into the fall due to various reasons. Your state may vary.

Any and all could be factors IMO. One could look at a Rasmussen poll, which leans right from what I hear, over time and see if they show the same swing. They wouldn't have the same motivations of a left-leaning pollster.

Kathianne
10-31-2022, 10:05 AM
I think three things,

A shift to "likely voters."
A real swing to the right because the dems suck.
A swing in GA for example where it's typical for Dem candidates to lead over the summer and Republicans to lead going into the fall due to various reasons. Your state may vary.

Any and all could be factors IMO. One could look at a Rasmussen poll, which leans right from what I hear, over time and see if they show the same swing. They wouldn't have the same motivations of a left-leaning pollster.

I concur. It's not just one area either, it's pretty much nationwide-even NY and OR. Better candidates on either side seem to make a difference, but only in degrees. When both suck, LV are choosing GOP.