PDA

View Full Version : Chatter grows over potential Rick Scott GOP leadership challenge to Mitch McConnell

Gunny
11-08-2022, 10:31 AM
Counting one's chickens before they hatch.

I'm all for ousting McConnell for someone better. Scott is not "someone better", IMO.

https://thehill.com/homenews/3724087-chatter-grows-over-potential-rick-scott-gop-leadership-challenge-to-mitch-mcconnell/

Kathianne
11-08-2022, 10:32 AM
I hope they keep McConnell.

Gunny
11-08-2022, 10:40 AM
I hope they keep McConnell.Some people like him. I'll take him over that mealy-mouthed, divisive, partisan hack Schumer any day.

He sacrifices too much in the name of "bipartisanship and/or politics" IMO. He also didn't have to engage his personal feud with the Donald at would could/might still be at Party expense.

Kathianne
11-08-2022, 12:10 PM
Some people like him. I'll take him over that mealy-mouthed, divisive, partisan hack Schumer any day.

He sacrifices too much in the name of "bipartisanship and/or politics" IMO. He also didn't have to engage his personal feud with the Donald at would could/might still be at Party expense.

Personally, I don't think he made decions of what to do with Trump feud in mind or he would have sunk him from get go. Time after time he saved his policies in spite of his personal feelings and humiliation Trump kept heaping on him and all leadership.

Gunny
11-08-2022, 04:26 PM
Personally, I don't think he made decions of what to do with Trump feud in mind or he would have sunk him from get go. Time after time he saved his policies in spite of his personal feelings and humiliation Trump kept heaping on him and all leadership.Not about Trump to me. It's about McConnell. Was tired of him before the party's "Death Kiss" appeared on the scene.

I agree with him in principle in his pissing contest with Trump. I disagree with his putting the party at risk and using the midterms as a backdrop to fight over candidates. Rest-assured, I hold Trump no less culpable. Two wrongs don't make a right, and the lesser wrong is still wrong.

Gunny
11-08-2022, 04:27 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/missouri-republicans-hawley-schmitt-say-senate-gop-needs-new-leadership-not-mitch-mcconnell

FYI on the topic. Not particularly impressed with either.

fj1200
11-08-2022, 05:14 PM
They don't like results? :confused:

Black Diamond
11-08-2022, 05:14 PM
Just don't let it be Romney.

Gunny
11-08-2022, 06:51 PM
They don't like results? :confused:What results? The no-brainer "gimme's" he doesn't have to go out on a limb for don't count.

If you call making one-sided Dem deals with dems where he gets tossed a bone results, we have different dictionaries. McConnell's notion of bipartisanship is a much a relic of the past as he is. He needs to deal with who he is dealing with, not who he wants to believe he is dealing with.

Not to mention, and it's not just him, but he's 80. Don't any of these old crones retire? They haven't gained enough wealth at taxpayer expense?

Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, McConnell ... go home :rolleyes:

fj1200
11-08-2022, 06:57 PM
^Who else would have gotten more, or at least as much, through if not McConnell? I don't think <random ideologue> would have done half as well.

Gunny
11-08-2022, 08:00 PM
^Who else would have gotten more, or at least as much, through if not McConnell? I don't think <random ideologue> would have done half as well.
A mannequin with a blue suit and red tie?

We're just not going to agree on McConnell. I wouldn't agree on the three other Republican't's either.

Now we know if it was Rand Paul, that public hanging of Fauci would be shortly forthcoming :)

fj1200
11-08-2022, 08:01 PM
A mannequin with a blue suit and red tie?

We're just not going to agree on McConnell. I wouldn't agree on the three other Republican't's either.

Now we know if it was Rand Paul, that public hanging of Fauci would be shortly forthcoming :)

That 'tis true.

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 02:22 AM
Interesting editorial in WSJ, I think the link will let you read. It was written/published before polls closed. Gunny

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-89-million-debt-to-mitch-mcconnell-senate-leadership-fund-j-d-vance-mehmet-oz-11667947704?st=llj8m04nqrgfggl&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 02:29 AM
At this moment I am begging for McConnell

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 02:37 AM
At this moment I am begging for McConnell
We're you able to read the article?

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 02:39 AM

First couple paragraphs

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 02:44 AM
First couple paragraphs
Dang. I thought it would give whole article.

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 02:46 AM
Dang. I thought it would give whole article.

They want me to pay. :cool:

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 07:15 AM
They want me to pay. :cool:
I read it alot, so it's worth it for me. Back when the newspapers had actual journalists and editors I inherited the habit of 4 a day. Now. I just subscribe to wsj.com and nationalreview.com.

fj1200
11-09-2022, 08:35 AM

The first couple of paragraphs made the point.

Gunny
11-09-2022, 12:53 PM
Interesting editorial in WSJ, I think the link will let you read. It was written/published before polls closed. @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-89-million-debt-to-mitch-mcconnell-senate-leadership-fund-j-d-vance-mehmet-oz-11667947704?st=llj8m04nqrgfggl&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalinkWe see how well that worked. The Dems got another "Biden brain" into office.

I'm going to go work out. Heavy. Anyone that doesn't know who I'm blaming for this shit and going to go off on has been living under a rock since the 2020 election.

I'm disgusted.