View Full Version : Not Sure WTF Is Going On With Elections

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 01:20 AM
Going to be interesting, seems it will be awhile though.

Perhaps too early, but looks like those that Trump endorsed and really went to bat for, are not doing as expected. I'd argue if I were him, 'they were weak,' but then why go with them? They were weak. Then again, 'against Fetterman?' 'Warnock?' Now in AZ, if Lake doesn't win, really there is something going on, Hobbs is horrid!

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 01:33 AM
I'd just gotten home when I wrote the above. Now listening to FOX and it seems I'm not the only one a bit put off. Whitmer kept governor. Crap. Over 50%. Looks like Warnock is going over 50% too.

2020 stolen! Lose?

Now I don't know yet, did we get the house?

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 01:35 AM
Fox called PA for fetterman.

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 01:35 AM
Unreal. What has Trump had to say today, other than he'll have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT later? MAGA! O'Dea lost. (he's an R, but not pro-Trump).

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 01:37 AM
This guy, whom I've read for years and years-back when Greg Gutfield was blogging and Jesse Waters was making videos on YouTube, he's SO pro-Trump, he blogged the returns all night, was expecting a really, really GOOD night!

Read it:

https://pjmedia.com/liveblog/2022/11/07/vodkapundit-live-blogs-the-2022-midterm-elections-n231

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 01:45 AM
Most of the ads run here that were dem were about abortion.

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 02:20 AM
Most of the ads run here that were dem were about abortion.
Yep, AZ. Doesn't matter what Ds did, there wasn't any red wave, while thr President's approval is in pits; inflation in the treetops, and crime on rampage. So while Rs pointed out what's ailing the US, not much on solutions articulated. Talk about impeachment and Hunter, but people want answers and seriously 1/2 the country do not like Trump and a significant number of those who aren't crazy about the man, but back policies, are concerned regarding his apparent desire for vengeance.

There needs to be some real dissecting of what happened,

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 08:25 AM
And the dissection begins: https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/11/09/mainlining-copium-n509448

icansayit
11-10-2022, 01:34 AM
TDS, better known as TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME has creeped into nearly everybody's heads. It is wise that Jim plans to shut DP down soon. As for Trump.
The man has been out of office after letting a WORM move into the White House, and there are still people dumb enough around, to keep blaming Trump.
WE HAVE FINALLY REACHED THE GUTTER IN OUR COUNTRY. IGNORANCE IS NO LONGER BLISS. IT'S JUST NORMAL ACTIVITY NOW.
http://urbanomnibus.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2010/04/gutter-by-niznoz-800.jpg

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 02:03 AM
TDS, better known as TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME has creeped into nearly everybody's heads. It is wise that Jim plans to shut DP down soon. As for Trump.
The man has been out of office after letting a WORM move into the White House, and there are still people dumb enough around, to keep blaming Trump.
WE HAVE FINALLY REACHED THE GUTTER IN OUR COUNTRY. IGNORANCE IS NO LONGER BLISS. IT'S JUST NORMAL ACTIVITY NOW.
http://urbanomnibus.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2010/04/gutter-by-niznoz-800.jpg

I agree we have reached the gutter. Some of us are processing this.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 02:52 AM
Lots of folks are in the gutter, no argument here. Saying Trump is not the answer to the detritus swirling around, but a prime cause is not TDS.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-is-the-gops-biggest-loser-midterm-elections-senate-house-congress-republicans-11668034869?st=ext0udzgbc6wbij&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Looking at the Senate map, the message could not be clearer. In New Hampshire, the Trump-endorsed Republican Don Bolduc lost to Sen. Maggie Hassan, 53% to 45%, as of the latest data. At the same time voters re-elected Republican Gov. Chris Sununu by 16 points.

“Don Bolduc was a very nice guy, but he lost tonight when he disavowed, after his big primary win, his longstanding stance on Election Fraud,” Mr. Trump said. “Had he stayed strong and true, he would have won, easily.” We doubt New Hampshire voters simply wanted Mr. Bolduc to stay kooky.

In Arizona the Trump-endorsed Republican Blake Masters trails Sen. Mark Kelly, 51% to 47%. This is a state successful Gov. Doug Ducey won by 14 points in 2018. Mr. Ducey could have won the Senate seat, but Mr. Trump pledged to go to war with him because Mr. Ducey refused to entertain 2020 fraud theories.

In Pennsylvania, the Trump-endorsed Republican Mehmet Oz lost to John Fetterman, 51% to 47%. This is a tough state for the GOP. But Mr. Fetterman was a weak candidate: He’s a lefty with a record of wanting Medicare for All and a ban on fracking, and he’s recovering from a stroke. David McCormick would have been a better Republican nominee, but he wouldn’t say the 2020 election was stolen, so Mr. Trump endorsed Mr. Oz.

In Georgia, the Trump-endorsed Republican Herschel Walker trails Sen. Raphael Warnock, 49.4% to 48.5%. This is going to a December runoff, which Mr. Walker could win. But Gov. Brian Kemp won re-election by eight points. Mr. Walker’s flaws as a candidate were obvious, but Mr. Trump helped clear the primary field and other candidates opted out.

In Ohio the Trump-endorsed Republican J.D. Vance won a solid victory over Rep. Tim Ryan, 53% to 47%, while Republican Gov. Mike DeWine won by 26 points. Mr. Vance was a poor fundraiser. As of Oct. 19 he’d pulled in $12 million to Mr. Ryan’s $47 million. What saved him was $32 million from the Senate Leadership Fund (SLF), a Super Pac aligned with Mitch McConnell. Mr. Vance trailed in the polls until mid-October.

Doug Mastriano, Pennsylvania’s Trump-endorsed gubernatorial choice, lost by 14 points. Tim Michels in Wisconsin and Tudor Dixon in Michigan fumbled winnable gubernatorial races. Also in Michigan, Mr. Trump helped John Gibbs beat GOP Rep. Peter Meijer in the primary in the Grand Rapids seat because Mr. Meijer voted to impeach him. Mr. Gibbs lost by 13 points. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler also voted to impeach Mr. Trump, who helped Joe Kent beat her in a primary. Mr. Kent is trailing in that Washington state district.

Mr. Trump could have stayed quiet in the final weeks of the campaign except to spend money to help his candidates. But he did little of the latter and instead staged rallies that played into Democratic hands. His rally in Latrobe last week might have hurt Mr. Oz with suburban voters who cost Mr. Trump the state in 2020.

Since his unlikely victory in 2016 against the widely disliked Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump has a perfect record of electoral defeat. The GOP was pounded in the 2018 midterms owing to his low approval rating. Mr. Trump himself lost in 2020. He then sabotaged Georgia’s 2021 runoffs by blaming party leaders for not somehow overturning his defeat. That gave Democrats control of the Senate, letting President Biden pump up inflation with a $1.9 trillion Covid bill, appoint a liberal Supreme Court Justice, and pass a $700 billion climate spending hash.

Now Mr. Trump has botched the 2022 elections, and it could hand Democrats the Senate for two more years. Mr. Trump had policy successes as President, including tax cuts and deregulation, but he has led Republicans into one political fiasco after another.

“We’re going to win so much,” Mr. Trump once said, “that you’re going to get sick and tired of winning.” Maybe by now Republicans are sick and tired of losing.

revelarts
11-10-2022, 07:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhI9RKRVsAAhcgs?format=png&name=small

what?

fj1200
11-10-2022, 08:08 AM
^You don't believe in typos?

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 10:14 AM
It does seem that the quality of candidates matters somewhat.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 10:34 AM
How you say, what you say, makes a difference in how others hear what you say.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/11/10/dont-be-angry-with-voters-n509767

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 11:00 AM
Something to think about:

https://instapundit.com/553271/

NOVEMBER 10, 2022DON SURBER: Life after Trump. “We can talk about cheating and the fix being in and mail-in votes. We can go on and on about the deep state and the media. We can spend months in denial but the fact is, Americans do not want Donald John Trump to be their president. He did not save the Republican Party. He spent it. . . . I really wanted Trump to come back but I just don’t see it. He’s damaged goods, done in by Barack Obama and the FBI and the Washington media. Chuck Schumer warned Trump on TV two weeks before his inauguration, ‘You take on the intelligence community? They have six ways from Sunday of getting back at you.’ That is evil. That is unfair. That is the world we live in, for like Sarah Palin, our enemies turned Trump into an albatross. He came so close to bringing Washington down that they now will destroy him, ruin his children and salt his fields because he threatened them.”

And all too often he’s cooperated.

Related thoughts:

But now, sniping from the sidelines at Ron DeSantis instead of providing leadership, he’s made clear that his era has passed. I’d still support him if he were the nominee, but I don’t think he can be the nominee with the kind of campaign he’s likely to run, all he can do is divide the party and elect a Democrat.

Plus, a reminder that it’s never really about a single hero:

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to Trump. Without him, Hillary would be in the middle of her second term and things would be worse even than they are now under Biden. And if this were Trump’s second term, things would be a lot better than they are now. But ultimately, it’s about what he can do for the country now. I’m hearing from several of my friends who were tremendously pro-Trump that they think it’s time for him to step back, and I think they’re right.

Gunny
11-10-2022, 12:26 PM

I would disagree with your comment. If you look back, most of us supported most of Trump's policies while he was President, when the term "TDS" was coined for those that hated Trump just because. Even those of us (speaking specifically for me) that has thought he was a mannerless prig since the 80s when he was USFL team and hotel owner and probably didn't even know who the governor his state was.

There's no "derangement syndrome" regarding his behavior since he could not accept losing the 2020 election. His behavior since is documented, and much of it commented on. I was hoping I was wrong and he'd back off. Any cance he had of "winning", he's blown for himself.

He has sabotaged the Republican Party because he's a sore loser. This is about him and refusing to accept a loss. Given what he's done to the Republican party the past 2 years, I don't see how anyone cannot see it, and support any more of his nonsense. HIS endorsed candidates are what's between the Republicans and holding the Senate.

Mark my word, he's going to screw up the runoff in GA.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 01:07 PM
I would disagree with your comment. If you look back, most of us supported most of Trump's policies while he was President, when the term "TDS" was coined for those that hated Trump just because. Even those of us (speaking specifically for me) that has thought he was a mannerless prig since the 80s when he was USFL team and hotel owner and probably didn't even know who the governor his state was.

There's no "derangement syndrome" regarding his behavior since he could not accept losing the 2020 election. His behavior since is documented, and much of it commented on. I was hoping I was wrong and he'd back off. Any cance he had of "winning", he's blown for himself.

He has sabotaged the Republican Party because he's a sore loser. This is about him and refusing to accept a loss. Given what he's done to the Republican party the past 2 years, I don't see how anyone cannot see it, and support any more of his nonsense. HIS endorsed candidates are what's between the Republicans and holding the Senate.

Yep, I don't like those blanket "syndrome" things, but at this point, at least 4 senate seats gone, the only derangement may be on his supporters side.

What might have been and what is have many causes, some on him, some on others. Problem is, it's real and bad.

Black Diamond
11-10-2022, 01:20 PM

Runoff may not matter. Nevada isn't a given. Lot of mail in ballots they are taking forever to count.

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 02:17 PM
https://johnkassnews.com/president-bidens-beer-muscles-after-midterm/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=president-bidens-beer-muscles-after-midterm

https://johnkassnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Vice_President_Biden_Raises_a_Toast_in_Honor_of_Ch inese_President_Xi_at_a_State_Luncheon_at_the_Stat e_Department_21723827681-862x615.jpg
After Little Red Ripple, President Biden’s Beer Muscles Want a Second Term and Chicago’s “Main Event” BeginsBy John Kass
Nov 10, 2022
It might not be the most impressive of photographs, but just think what a Raphael or some other Italian Renaissance master could do with with it.
There’s President Joe Biden in 2015, then our Vice President Biden, A.K.A. the Big Guy, Mr. 10 percent standing with then Secretary of State John Kerry. They raise their glasses to toast Chinese Communist President for Life Xi Jinping.
They are so sure. So confident. Those perfect self-satisfied courtly Masters of the Universe smiles. And who is that hard-eyed blonde in the corner? Whether her name is Jill Biden or Edith Wilson, Raphael would capture her there, in that bottom left corner of visual power, and fix her staring off into middle distance to look for traces of angels.
What wasn’t known by Americans then–perhaps the Obama White House but not the rest of the country–was this: Biden and Kerry’s sons had formed a Washington-based investment firm business, Rosemont Seneca Partners, that aimed to cash in on China.

On Wednesday, Biden held a news conference after the Little Red Ripple election where Democrats did much better than projected. I certainly thought a Red Wave was coming. The issues were right–crime, inflation, open border etc.– but I was wrong. So please pass me that steaming platter of roasted crow.
Before the midterms Democrats were pushing Biden to announce he wouldn’t seek another term, and just keep him in the basement. But after the GOP barely took the House and Senate control was still up for grabs, President Biden found his confidence, like some old geezer in the neighborhood who drank some liquid courage and found his beer muscles.
He made three things clear: He’d seek a second term. Despite the fact that 75 percent of Americans see the country as being on the wrong track, he planned on changing nothing. And no, he wasn’t all that worried about an incoming Republican House majority investigating his family’s China business ties.
When asked about investigations of the China deals, Biden’s eyes narrowed like a kid shaving in a mirror channeling a movie tough guy:
“Lots of luck in your senior year as my coach used to say,” wisecracked the president.
Democrats won’t be able to get rid of him now.

And then Trump dropped the ugly threats against DeSantis that should haunt him.

“I would tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering — I know more about him than anybody — other than, perhaps, his wife,” Trump said.

My wife sees DeSantis’ family on TV news and likes what she sees. She likes the story of DeSantis attending his wife and their young children during her health problems. And what the former president did made my wife ill.

It makes me hope he might pause and put the country first and just float away. But Trump can’t do that. And yet, after his blackmail threats, no matter what he does, I think DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party now.

I know that politics ain’t beanbag. I’m from Chicago. I appreciated Trump’s policies and his historic push for conservative Supreme Court justices to save the unborn. But Trump publicly threatening DeSantis is a stupid thing to do. Public blackmail doesn’t express confidence, but weakness and fear. It the act of a ruffiano. It tells me that Trump can no longer read the room. But I’ve been wrong before. I can still taste that crow.

Who rides the CTA rapid transit unless they’re desperate, unless they must? Nobody takes the CTA if they have other options. And the city of Chicago is dying. Crime is that bad. The public schools are that bad. Chicago lies to itelf, but the time for lies is ending. Without proper management, the city can’t survive.

Paul Vallas worries Lightfoot so much that she has her mouthpieces in corrupt legacy media brand him as some sort of Trumpian Republican. She’s desperate. She knows he can run the city and that she can’t. He’s the serious candidate. And she knows he’s raising serious campaign money now.

I’ve known Vallas for years. He’s not a Republican. He’s a Democrat But he’s not some neo-Marxist. He’s posted his policy solutions. They’re out there for all to read.

“Public safety is a human right,” Vallas told me. “Releasing violent criminals back to the street and not providing resources to keep people safe is a violation of human rights. Education is the great unfinished battle of civil rights, and determining education based on zip codes is a sin. This is the campaign against crime and the reasons for crime, and one of those reasons is the lack of education choices for parents.”

Vallas has a sharp political strategy for this campaign to save the city. To deal effectively with crime, he knows the next mayor must isolate those anti-law enforcement crime enablers on the left. And to keep hope alive among Chicago parents, he’s pushing against all odds and the city’s political culture for real school choice, where tax dollars follow the students.

Yes, Lightfoot has been a failure. I think most people know this. I backed her once. She was out of her depth and it got worse. But Chicago may still be saved with the right leadership. Without competent leadership, the city will die a violent and painful death.

Democracy isn’t dying. And it doesn’t die the way the Democrats suggest. That’s just another cheap scary story and more self-serving pap for American corporate legacy political media. I know them. I worked among them for decades. I was one of them.

I’ve looked into their eyes as they mocked voters. What do their eyes look like?

Like pissholes in the snow.

I wonder, after China makes its final move against the United States, will Xi Jinping or his successor will remember that glorious White House champagne toast with Biden and Kerry?

The Americans raised up their glasses, made pleasant sounds from their throats, smiled their American Masters of the Universe smiles and Xi Jinping smiled back at those greedy Western clowns, his eyes flat.

Will China worry about our feelings with their boots on our necks? The Greeks did not worry about Troy, did they? The Greeks wanted those gates breached because there was treasure behind them and they wanted to take it. Did the Turks worry about the Armenians?

Will the Chinese generals ever care who we were, once, about our obsession with pronouns and our military’s obsession with distractions? Or will America become as the gentle Eloi were to the meat-eating Morlocks in some future past?

Perhaps the warrior Queen Galadriel knew the truth of it. Some things that should not have been forgotten will be lost. History becomes legend. And legend passes into myth.