PDA

View Full Version : Abortion

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 03:39 AM
It may not have been a good idea politically for certain Republicans to utter the phrase "federal abortion ban" between the roe reversal and today.

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 07:17 AM
It may not have been a good idea politically for certain Republicans to utter the phrase "federal abortion ban" between the roe reversal and today.

For those that think, there's plenty to think about.
Gunny was super right about that what you mentioned.

fj1200
11-09-2022, 08:36 AM

I didn't hear that at all in GA. Are you talking about Lindsey Graham's proposed bill?

revelarts
11-09-2022, 09:40 AM
Says as much about our country as about the politicians.

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 09:50 AM
Says as much about our country as about the politicians.

I agree, yet you can't lead anyone if you alienate them from the start.

revelarts
11-09-2022, 10:31 AM
I agree, yet you can't lead anyone if you alienate them from the start.

I get what you're saying but,
there have been more than a few times in politics where some/many people were "alienated" by what, at the time, seemed extreme proposals.
But they were the right thing to do. And people still eventually moved in that direction.
slavery, women getting the vote, civil rights.
Also we can't forget, some folks get enraged at Christians saying we "alienate" others by just repeating Jesus's WORDS.

I'm not saying that using a stick rather than a carrot is always the best way to go, or even in this case.
But with today's climate of people getting offended at nearly every little thing. Trying not to hit some land-mind is nearly impossible.

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 11:00 AM
I get what you're saying but,
there have been more than a few times in politics where some/many people were "alienated" by what, at the time, seemed extreme proposals.
But they were the right thing to do. And people still eventually moved in that direction.
slavery, women getting the vote, civil rights.
Also we can't forget, some folks get enraged at Christians saying we "alienate" others by just repeating Jesus's WORDS.

I'm not saying that using a stick rather than a carrot is always the best way to go, or even in this case.
But with today's climate of people getting offended at nearly every little thing. Trying not to hit some land-mind is nearly impossible.
This issue isn't just now. It's been contentious for 3 generations now.

Really, not much has changed minds. Most want the most noted exemptions. Most are against after 1st trimester. Most want states to deal with.

revelarts
11-09-2022, 01:11 PM
This issue isn't just now. It's been contentious for 3 generations now.

Really, not much has changed minds. Most want the most noted exemptions. Most are against after 1st trimester. Most want states to deal with.

yes,
as I said, Says as much about our country as about the politicians.

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 01:32 PM
I didn't hear that at all in GA. Are you talking about Lindsey Graham's proposed bill?

Yeah here in NV they ran ads about national abortion ban every minute here on YouTube, that and "this candidate wants to imprison women who have abortions," "wants to outlaw birth control", "no exemptions for rape and incest", etc. Election denying was a far distant second to women's rights here for ad buying.
I would support an abortion ban. But independents don't. And democrats really don't.

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 01:50 PM
Yeah here in NV they ran ads about national abortion ban every minute here on YouTube, that and "this candidate wants to imprison women who have abortions," "wants to outlaw birth control", "no exemptions for rape and incest", etc. Election denying was a far distant second to women's rights here for ad buying.
I would support an abortion ban. But independents don't. And democrats really don't.
Non-stop here too! MASTER'S is too extreme!!!!!! All women will die or have forced pregnancies!!!!!

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 01:58 PM
Non-stop here too! MASTER'S is too extreme!!!!!! All women will die or have forced pregnancies!!!!!

Also some "positive ads" "now that roe has been overturned, this candidate will fight for your right to choose"....

But most of them were doom and gloom

Kathianne
11-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Also some "positive ads" "now that roe has been overturned, this candidate will fight for your right to choose"....
Saw some, soft-nothing about using as birth control.

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 02:01 PM
Saw some, soft-nothing about using as birth control.

Some of the ones I saw hinted that the GOP candidate "even wanted to ban birth control". Which I am sure he didn't, but.....

fj1200
11-09-2022, 06:29 PM

Gotcha. Plenty of those ads here. I thought you were talking about the Graham thing. It's amazing how many "extreme" candidates running for positions that have no impact on any abortion decisions. :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
11-09-2022, 06:47 PM
yes,
as I said, Says as much about our country as about the politicians.

I'm in full agreememt with an abortion ban. But couldn't they have waited until after the Midterms. Women were already on edge after roe was overturned.

revelarts
11-10-2022, 08:10 AM
There's something wrong with many Americans.

But "Health Care" is a "right"... except for...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhLBcM4XoAE-m5j?format=jpg&name=small

https://npr.brightspotcdn.com/62/fd/c2a1150c481fb245d9e81585ada3/lr-131-ballot-statement-language-1.pdf

revelarts
11-10-2022, 08:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhLJjWHXkAEJj4t?format=jpg&name=small

Kathianne
11-10-2022, 10:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhLJjWHXkAEJj4t?format=jpg&name=small

and it certainly happened. 1973-2022. Then it reversed, somewhat.